“Great staff but dirty accomodation ” 2 of 5 stars

Royal Century Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4330 West Century Boulevard, Inglewood, CA 90304   |
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Inglewood
Gold Coast
“Great staff but dirty accomodation ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The pool was nice and clean but the rooms were tragic. The rooms were smelly and dusty and unclean. The shower was filthy and had mould. The linen on the beds was out dated and dusty. The only plus was the great brekky which included doughnuts and ceral. This place is very close to the airport and is fabulous for backpackers and budget chaser but anyone else you should avoid.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Santa Ana, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Now I use price line to get this room. now fist they say it's near lax I if 6 miles is your Idea of close. and now maybe I was just having a bad day. First they gave me a room that wasn't clean. then the 2ed room the door wouldn't open. the 3ed room had an over powering smell of beach! Now I wanted to know what happen in this room before I got there now the room had 2 bed and I didn't notices that the other bed had Ants all over it! and it got all over my close that I laid on the bed. But Like I said Maybe I was just having a bad trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed there for couple of nights. Hugh nice and clean room with no disturbance from anyone. Heads straight to LAX airport and nearby crossing where public transport to Downtown is available. Eating places such as Burger king is just around the corner. Hotel looked clean throughout. Cereals, Donuts, milk, tea/coffe/juice in the breakfast. Facility of booking various tour packages at the reception which gives a pick and drop from the Hotel. I faced some communication problems with Chinese and Maxican staff though but they were able to understand my needs and provided me stuffs I needed. Overall it was a good stay at the hotel for me atleast.

Room Tip: Though the hotel has a lift too, but I would suggest to pick a room on ground floor or 1st.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
San Bernardino, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have 3 three words to describe this hotel... A-S***-HOLE...The hotel wasn't worth $1.75. It was my Anniversay Weekend and we needed a hotel close to LAX, so according to the website it looked decent for the price. The hotel on the outside needed to be completely re-modeled. The elevator had a pissy smell inside and looked disgusting. The rooms were dirty and had no closet doors with ROTTEN MILDEW all the showers and closets. The Bed sheets had who know what kind of stains on them. The room furniture looked like they stole it from a junk yard. The worst experience I ever had!!!!! I wouldn't let my cat take a s*** in this room!!!! that how disgusting it was!!!!!

Room Tip: Here's a tip stay clear from this hotel from hell...:)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I travel often and usually get what I expect for the price. This hotel is not worth even the $68.00 I paid for one night after an international carrier had a major delay. EXTREMELY RUDE STAFF, dirty rooms and rubbish all over the hotel. The worst of the worst. Nothing in the 3rd world is as bad as this!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms --- STAY ELSEWHERE!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This neighborhood has several inexpensive hotels some with not-so-good reps.
I was at a party at a well-known hotel nearer LAX where the rooms were at least twice my budget price.
I chose this hotel because it had a the better description than several "cheaper" hotels near LAX not the least of which was served directly by public transportation to/from LAX at 1am.
The surprise was the room I had was quiet, clean and large with a balcony and a pool being well used by the kids staying there.
This is one of the best values for the money I have experienced.
The only knock was the calcium build-up on the shower door.
The "restaurant" is a Burger King at the Bus Stop.

Room Tip: In the back on the third floor near the one elevator with two beds.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and me booked this hotel for 1 night when we reached LA. We were going to drive to Yosemite the next day and wanted something less expensive for the night. We booked this hotel as it is closer to airport and our flight was scheduled to arrive at 11.30pm. After arriving in LA and renting a car we reached this hotel by 1am. It is located in a shady looking place. We parked the car and checked in to the hotel. We reached our room and opened the door and got the shock of our lives. The room was pathetic and dirty. The bed covers were dusty and ragged. Bedsheet was full of some stains. Carpet was so dirty we decided to not remove our shoes. Bathroom was horrible. Shower door was almost jammed with some sort of green fungus. I couldn't sleep as I kept feeling someone would break open and enter our room. After a horrible night we got up early and got ready. We thought of having breakfast before checkout. Only some 3-4 donuts were available with some horrible coffee. The lobby consisted of 2 chairs. We decided to run away from this disgusting place. Don't be fooled by their cheap value. There is Comfort Inn just three blocks away which you could get for some 10-20$ extra.Don't ever stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Royal Century Hotel? Share your experiences!