“DONT STAY HERE!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4229 West Century Blvd, Inglewood, CA 90304   |
Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Inglewood
“DONT STAY HERE!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Ahh, where do I begin? After checking in, we were surprised as we walked through to our room. We had to find a way to explain to our 14 year old son about medical Marijuana and we believed it isn't supposed to be openly smoked. Thankfully he was turned off by the smell. OK it's a party place. 20 years ago, we would have enjoyed this. Well except for the roaches. The lights we had turned off and I was about to plug in my tablet to get charged. So I turned on the light by the wet bar and saw a roach. I cringed and decided I didn't need my tablet that bad for the plane.

The curtains were not thick enough to keep light out. I was worried our stuff might get stolen when we left for awhile. When we got back around 8 PM we couldn't pull into the parking lot due to glass all over the pavement. Apparently a man had broken a car window and LAPD took care of that but the hotel apparently didn't care enough to clean up the mess. So we found another parking entrance and you have to call to get in. They didn't bother answering the line but after 5 minutes the door opened for the vehicle in front of us and the shuttle behind us, who apparently doesn't know to use headlights in the dark. We backed into our spot and almost hit the shuttle because we couldn't see him. In the morning I did as told and went to the front desk a half hour before we needed the shuttle. They almost left without us. We left stuff in the room because we had to get our stuff together in 10 minutes instead of a half hour.

A very shady atmosphere. In the morning I turned on that light once again and found another roach. I screamed and my husband killed it. I quickly removed my toothbrush and other toiletries, making sure none had crawled into my makeup bag. It took so long for hot water that I didn't bother showering and just washed my face so we could get out of there quickly. Checkout at noon? Seriously? I barely got any sleep. I can handle planes flying over. That is to be expected. I had the creepy crawlies thinking there were more bugs. All the noise all night long of people skateboarding and shouting.

it's unfortunate someone else made our reservation, because I can spend hours researching a hotel and checking reviews. After the first roach I wanted to leave. The prostitutes at the bar..well I can handle that. I am surprised this place is still in business. They don't mention the hookah bar on the website. Maybe that is why they allow all the pot smoking? I could have gotten high just walking through the pool and bar areas.

We had to leave early for a flight, so no breakfast for us. Not sure why that doesn't start till 7 AM anyway.

It's too bad that so many people who travel are being taken advantage of here. Don't stay unless you are desperate!

WIFI try it. Maybe it will work for you but not us.

Room Tip: Stay away at all costs. If you must stay, try second level and far, far away from the pool area.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015

I booked a room for an 8 day stay for a friend but he ended up getting in to the country a day late. I called to see if he could still check in the next day and the receptionist said it would be fine since he already paid for the room. When I called the next day about the check in times, they said he had been marked as a no show and his entire reservation had been cancelled. In summary he didn't have a room and could not get a refund.

The manager wouldn't listen to my complaint and constantly spoke over me reciting policies. She said "excuse me, but you're very rude" which shocked me. She clearly hasn't spoken to the receptionists who are all INCREDIBLY rude.

I can't comment on the cleanliness of the hotel since no one was even able to stay there in the end, but from the looks of it it was probably for the best.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2014

I read some of the bad reviews before I stayed here, and passed them off as being over the top as reviews are biased towards. To my dissappointment all the bad reviews seemed fairly accurate.
To sum my experience up:
As a single female traveller I booked to stay in an all female dorm. I got placed in a mixed dorm, which I did not realise until I woke up in the middle of the night to men walking around in their underwear. This normally wouldn't have been a problem except that the showers had no door or locking mechanism which made me feel quite uncomfortable. The showers were cold at night, and I had to get someone to fix the hot water (which to their credit they did promptly).

The 'continental' breakfast was only a muffin and tea or coffee. The 'free dinner buffet' was free if you bought a drink from the bar.

The staff were barely helpful, they answered my questions but have not got the right mentality for people working in the hotel industry.

In a nutshell I felt very unsafe at this hostel, and annoyed because all the claims about free things were mostly untrue. I generally don't mind if a cheap hostel doesn't have free stuff but don't advertise it if you aren't going to provide it.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Parkland, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2014

As we headed away from the airport on Century Blvd, we noticed tall palm trees in an odd place. That place turned out to be the Tradewinds Hotel. In the Hawaiian/Surfer type lobby, the clerks were kind and helpful. The pool area was really nice and beautifully decorated for Christmas. The hotel/motel looks small from the street, but is large inside. The suite style rooms, meaning two rooms in one area, definitely need updating, but were adequate and clean enough for our needs. This place is a bundle of paradoxes. The bathroom vanity needed to be replaced, but there were three lovely original paintings on the wall. Two nice televisions, but the phone's message light blinked without a message waiting. There are all kinds of freebies. The best one is the free shuttle which goes to the airport at your call. It also goes to the beach twice a day. We stayed four nights with no problems. The hotel offers car rental and park and fly so the parking could be dicey. We had no problems finding a space, but in the busy season it's no doubt a challenge.The restaurant staff is nice, but very laid back and slow. Food was good, but a little pricey. There are plenty of restaurants nearby. It was off season so the price was amazingly low. I would stay there again. If you are the type of traveler who likes puffy white comforters and a chocolate on the pillow, this place is not for you! The Tradewinds is funky and fun.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room. There are no elevators and the stairs are outdoors. Rain could be a prob...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

Staff (reception) was very rude. One of the girls from the reception almost yelled at me, because i asked whick nr my room was. The girl behind the bar was very sweet and kind. The hotel is kind of weird but funny. the rooms are big but very old and oldfashioned. Says including breakfast but thats only coffee and a muffin.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

One of kind! Amazing vibe! Free shampagne every day! Heated swiming pool 24/7!
The 2 beadroom suite was huge and uplifting.Free shuttle to Munhuttan beach every day!
Free shuttle to the airport! This hotel is for those who want to buy a miracle for this price.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014 via mobile

I loved this place, husband hated it! The place feels like a hostel, everything about it made me happy. It's so not nice but it's fun and vibrant and alive. Free muffins and coffee in a.m., free tea and cookies at 3, free champagne party at 6, free cake at 7, free popcorn 24 hours a day. Centrally located pool and tiki bar, pool tables, free book exchange/trade area, always people about. Eclectic mix of people -- I enjoyed it all but not necessarily the most clean cut, upper class kind of vibe. I felt perfectly safe but to each their own. Staff were a little salty but helpful, airplanes landing very nearby and swooshing overhead only added to the experience for me. Never got quiet really but I slept fine. Parking was a little tough but they made it work. TV's in room had a snow/static effect. But I'm still smiling about our stay. Boring it was not. :)

• Stayed October 2014

Been to Tradewinds Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!