“Was OK” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Inglewood
Mt Gambier
“Was OK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Trade winds Hotel was quite adequate for us as we were onlt staying in LA overnight.We did'nt check in till 1am but the desk was manned and the bar with the cheapest beer in LA.Our room for $58 was great.Roomy and spacy and clean.It's not the Hilton but for what you pay it's pretty good.The hotel shuttle is excellent as well!.
Pete and Sharan.Aus

Room Tip: The cottages at the rear are quiet and roomy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Groveport, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I cant even begin to say how I feel about this hotel. I was traveling from Ohio and because it was close to LAX my husband , son, and I stayed here while the other two kids stayed with family. My son whom has aspergers syndrome takes Adderall for his ADHD and I had his meds with me because you have to have the labeled bottle when traveling. I come home to find that 70 pills have been broke open, emptied, and put back together(they are capsules) and that 20 are missing and I was left with 33. My son is to take 4 per day as needed and now I cant give it to him because they were STOLEN. Wish I would have discovered it earlier. However it was reported to the LAPD(I have a few connections) so hopefully it will be investigated.

Our bed in the seperate room was broke down. We rolled to the middle despite putting pillows under the mattress to make it firmer. Our A/C was so old and raggety that you could barely press the buttons on and off. We had roaches and ants in the bathroom(which I reported) but it went in one ear and out the other. I had to ask for washrags and extra pillows and wanted an extra blanket but the front desk refused. The night before our flight back home I wanted my other two kids to join us but they wanted to charge me an extra $10.00 per kid, needless to say I declined.

The food was okay but the staff couldn't understand what we were saying.Had to keep repeating our order and was overcharged. They say that they have a continetal breakfast but it is NOTHING like that. It is a blueberry muffin and coffee or juice. The hotel was overrun buy Europeans and Russians and they were catered too and a ton of backpackers. Upon checkout the lobby was full of rude people whim wouldnt get up for a handicapped woman. The front desk staff were rude and unhelpful however the shuttle driver was nice and the poolside bartender.

I will never stay here again. I plan to return to LA within the next few months....DO NOT STAY HERE PAY THE EXTRA $6.00 AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. All we did was sleep and shower and those accomidations sucked.....and to know that someone went thru my belongings just disgusts me...please go somewhere else

Room Tip: Go somewhere else......no parking so thank goodness I didnt have a car...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Wow!!? We pulled into the front of the hotel and had to wait to pull forward because the Beach shuttle was loading and they were taking their sweet time. We couldn't back up as there was a car behind us too. When I went to check in I noticed that the hotel seemed to be called the LA Adventure All Suites Hotel and Hostel on all the interior signage. Hmmmm - Hotels.com didn't mention that this was a hostel. As I waited, the police came in looking for someone - who the desk told them had already checked out a few days earlier. We were staying for 2 nights and decided to stick it out as we had a very early morning flight and this was close to the airport. After check in, we parked - that was an experience in itself - very cramped and hard to maneuver through. The first time in the afternoon it was okay as the lot was not full yet. When we went to our room, it looked OK. Turned on the AC and about had a heart attack from the noisy nesting pigeons right outside the window. When we came back later that evening there was only one parking spot left in the small east parking lot and we had to move a barbeque out of the way to be able to park there. The next morning the shower shot out rusty water when first turned on and then went hot and cold throughout. I was able to borrow a hair dryer from the front desk as there isn't one in the room. When we came back that evening for our second night it was 11pm and we got the last spot again. We went to leave at 5am and there were cars parked in front of us. I went in to ask the front desk what they were going to do. She said just a minute and she'd come out. She didn't come so I went back in and she seemed to be on a personal call. She saw me and then came out took down the plate number as well as the plate numbers of the three other cars that were double parked. She then had to call the person to get up and move their vehicle. Thank goodness he came out and wasn't mad that he had to move. (The husband was getting madder by the second though!) By that time it was already 5:30. We made our flight but won't be staying there again and if we use Hotels.com again - I'll be sure to read all the reviews!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Willemstad, Curacao
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Unfortunately the Custom hotel where we always stay was fully booked. So took the first hotelbus who came by, and ended up in a very shabby hotel, loud music, old TV and a very shabby room / suite. I definitely don't recommend this hotel and area to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Houston, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

All travelers to the Los Angeles area need to be aware of a horrible hotel that appears as a choice on Orbitz and other packages called the Tradewinds Hotel on Century Blvd. It looks convenient as it is located very close to LAX, but the people who run are far beyond rude—the only way I can describe them is downright vicious. I booked this hotel as part of a package for a weekend getaway to Los Angeles. I live in Houston and I had a layover in Denver, and because of bad weather I missed my connecting flight to LAX and had to spend the night in Denver. I called Tradewinds and told the desk clerk that I had been delayed and not to cancel my reservation. He did not ask me for my name or my confirmation number—he merely said “don’t worry about it, just show up.” When I arrived at the hotel the next day and told the desk clerk about the delay, she was more rude and snotty than any desk clerk I have ever encountered, and I’ve stayed at a great many hotels all over the world. She said, “I don’t know who you talk to last night, but it’s your fault for not calling Orbitz. We cancelled your reservation and filled your room.” Keep in mind, I had already paid for the package! When I sat down in the lobby and called Orbitz to tell them (pretty loudly so other guests could hear) what happened, all of a sudden the same clerk came out from the back and said, “sir we have your room. But you’ve screwed up all of our accounting by not calling Orbitz.” I told her that her accounting practices were not my problem and got out of the lobby as soon as possible. Two days later I reported that my toilet was not flushing properly; the desk clerk said it would be fixed and it never was. Not only were the HOTEL toiletries not regularly restocked each day, but my final day at the hotel I discovered a bottle of hand lotion had been taken from my room. (Not expensive enough to deal with the front desk again, of course!) The final straw was, because there is not enough parking on the property, cars had to be “stacked” and then moved by a valet. My plane home left at 6:30am, and I almost missed it because the valet was in no hurry to move the cars blocking mine.
The worst part was that every time I complained about something, instead of the staff saying “sorry sir, we’ll try to fix it” I got talked back to not just rudely, but with real hostility, as though THEY were the important people in the equation. Do not ever stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

The area is no doubt dodgy, be careful of yourself and your things. But if you are looking for a cheap place to stay while waiting for a flight this is great to have a sleep and a quick bite at the restaurant. It is the cheapest around so you can't expect much, but they do have free tea and coffee and the room and bathroom seemed clean to me. And they pick you up and drop you off at the airport.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

The room was ok, the staff was helpful and friendly. This was a last minute stop & if you don't mind the planes flying overhead, you'll be fine. The rate was very reasonable. If you're looking for an inexpensive place to stay, this is the place.

• Stayed March 2012

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Been to Tradewinds Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!