“Alias of Adventurer Allsuite Hotel 4200 W Century Blvd” 1 of 5 stars

Tradewinds Airport Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4229 West Century Blvd, Inglewood, CA 90304   |
Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Inglewood
US
“Alias of Adventurer Allsuite Hotel 4200 W Century Blvd”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Just thought I'd share that this place is an alias of Adventurer Allsuite Hotel which I've reviewed.

The property is located @ 4200 W Century Blvd, Inglewood CA, 90304
The property is the lot immediately to the SW from the intersection of W Century Blvd & S Freeman Ave, Inglewood CA. It is the apartment complex like building with a conspicuous pool in the aerial photo.

Someone keeps tampering with the location marker on Google Maps, so make sure you check against the location I described.

The address 4229 W Century Blvd is fake. I believe someone made it up in order to list up multiple entries on review sites. The odd range address go to N side of Century link, so 4229 would be right across the street. There is no lodging facility there. Just check the map.

This is the link to actual review:

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Spokane, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Where do i begin? With the shady people standing around outside, the numerous dirty kids running around that apparently call the place home, the ppl who "live" there yelling at each other and using extremely foul language or the fact that we moved the table to block the door because we were frightened?
I was visiting family from out of town, i had an issue with my rental car and had to take it back and get a different one but i had to wait until the next day. This "hotel" (and i use that term lightly) was the cheapest $56 for the 18 hours i needed to stay somewhere. It was myself and my 2 small children. I am all for budget hotels but this was beyond.....
I reserved a double room. What i received was a room with a double and a room with a pull out couch that was so dingy and dirty i refused to let my children even sit on it. The double bed was so saggy and broken down you could see it by just looking at it. The comforter had tears and holes in it...like it was stabbed, the furniture was severely burnt by cigarettes. There were spots of what looked to me as blood on the walls and such.
The bathroom was frightening. The tiles were falling off. The shower backed up everytime the water ran. So standing in the shower mid calf in someone else's dingy water made me want to gag. We pushed the table up to the door when we went to bed in fear of being robbed. I wasn't going to checkout until around 10 am the next day but checked out at 5am and took a cab to the rental car place to sit there until our car was ready 5 hours later. I just wanted to get out of that hell hole!
The Jack in the Box across the street took foodstamps....that should tell you something. The "dinner" was cold fries and burnt chili. My kids wouldn't even eat it and they are by no means picky! I am not much of a champagne drinker so i opted for a soda. It tasted so foul i was sure there was something in it. I took two sips and didn't drink the rest in fear of getting sick.
Really wish i would have stayed down the road for $3 more.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

How this place is still open is nothing less than a miracle. The staff were very rude, and unhelpful. Hygiene levels were the worst I've seen. The only positive point I can think of is that it's close to the airport (but right under the flight path), just pay slightly more and try somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Wellington, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Never, ever, ever stay at Tradewinds.
We were expecting cheap, we did not expect to be scared we might die!
To describe the shuttle driver as reckless would be the worlds biggest understatement - she frogger-ed across 4 lane traffic to detour through the Mcdonalds drive-thru - no joke!
Our first room smelt revolting to the point of suffocation, when we asked to be switched (after trying to find other accomodation, no matter the cost, and being foibled by phones that did not work and internet that could not even load google within 15 minutes) the new room was more acceptable but the sound of planes ruled out sleep. If you have an overnight lay-over at LAX pay the money and get a safe room - the area surrounding the airport is extremely rough and dangerous - you do not want to be in a place like the Tradewinds.

Room Tip: No good rooms at the Tradewinds. Avoid like the plague.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

we dont mind this place as dumpy, dirty, and ghetto but the staff's attitude (especially the shuttle driver ladies) are just classless, mal-educated, and un-professional are just understatements! First off, lets be clear-we dont stay at 5star accomodation and suddenly having a shock when we stayed here! We have stayed on hostels, people's extra rooms that were rented as "guest rooms" on some of the world's poorest countries (india, haiti, bangladesh, pakistan, etc...). ok so we got that cleared out.

When we checked out we waited for the shuttle to take us to LAX (the reason we stayed, cheap and close to LAX airport). The shuttle was free but not on time (no big deal). We were there waiting with a lot of of people (mostly europeans). When the driver came, she looked stress out and pissed (yes we dont expect a courteous greeting from a dump like this) and was going through a shift change and the other lady came in.

The unbelievable scene came when the passengers were loading to be dropped to the airport. Since this hostel offers a free ride to manhattan beach, there were a lot of people eager to be dropped at the beach after waiting with us for almost an hour (bare in mind that we wanted to be at LAX 3 hrs prior for our flight.). The driver starting her shift yelled that she'll only be taking people to the airport (but failed to tell them its a higher priority and she could come back after)! the people that waited for this ride with us clearly got upset and complained and ask for the manager...the driver heard this complain and came out of the shuttle and called these people all the curse words you could imagine and also was eager to make the confrontation with them in front of the manager! (that was really "welcome to LA" knowing most of them were europeans!). Our main concern at that point was not missing our flight since we had already wasted almost 2 hrs (you could say why not call a taxi-well this could take another 30-60mins who knows?). Anyway, it turns out that the owner was smoking outside and told them that the shuttle will return and take them to the beach (when its not busy). But to see and hear how the guests were treated and the owner just ignored the scene as if nothing had happened was completely absurd.

The driver then unsuspectedly made an out of the way detour and brought her co-worker (the one that just got off her shift) to her nieghborhood. During this time we had wasted another 30mins from the detour.She couldve brought her co-worker after she dropped everybody off at the airport! In the end, we got to the airport with 45mins and made it on time! Of course, this was accomplished by reckless driving just like a movie scene!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Hilo, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

Drug dealers, hippies, and drunken fights, oh my! First of all, I must preface my review by saying that I stayed here in 2009, and it is now 2011. I blocked out most of the memory of this trip in the meantime, and as I was sharing a funny "travel adventure" story with a family member, the nightmare of all of it came flooding back. My family member thought I was exaggerating about my experience, so I googled the "Tradewinds Hotel Inglewood LAX" (as it was called when I booked it through Travelocity in 2009) and found all of these other reviews that corroborate my story. My first clue that this was not going to be a good experience should have been when my cab driver asked for the address that I wanted him to take me too. When I told him the address and hotel name, he turned to me (being a young married woman with children in tow) and said, "Are you sure???" and not in the clarification sort of way, but in a warning type of way. As he was driving me to the hotel, the neighborhoods we traveled through got progressively worse the closer we got to the location (and I'm a native Dallas, Texan; we have some of the worst "hoods" in the country down there). Finally, the cab driver pulled into a driveway that had no apparent address, no apparent signage, and a building that was covered in overgrown ivy and greenery, probably in an attempt to make it look tropical but the achieved aesthetic was scary and dark. We went in and were met by a youngish woman who was very scantily dressed, and seemed to be extremely "friendly" with the young men hanging out at the front desk. She went over all the ammenities by telling us about the "free buffet dinner", the managers reception mixer by the pool that includes free champagne, the available internet service (which was a sleezy room filled with pay the minute internet computers), and the free shuttle service to LAX. We were given the keys to our room, which was supposed to be a double queen suite. Upon entering our designated room, we found a two room, filthy, outdated, musty smelling "suite" with a green 70's era pull out sofa and a queen bed that had linens on it that needed to be burned and countertops, sinks, and a bathtub that had old cigarette burn marks in them. I immediately went back to the front desk and voiced my concerns. She was very friendly and told me she would give me the appropriate room, which was an updated suite with 2 actual queen size beds instead of a sofa sleeper. When we entered that room, we found a completely updated room, with nice linens, a flat screen tv, and lots of upgrades, which is weird since it was right across the breezeway from the other room. I momentarily breathed a sigh of relief, until we headed down to the free buffet dinner. We were greeted by a waitress that told us that the buffet special was nachos and tater tots. After looking around for a buffet and not finding one, we sat down, thinking maybe we were early and they had not set the buffet out yet. The waitress approached us and told us to help ourselves, as she motioned us towards a folding table covered in an old tablecloth. The table had three bowls on it: one bowl of cold tater tots, one bowl of crumbled up tortilla chips with a few sprinkles of burned cheese, a bowl of cold popcorn, and a bottle of tobasco. Oh, i forgot about the pitcher of lukewarm tap water. We returned to our table and decided to have a look at the menu instead. I was scared to order any hot food based on what I had seen on the buffet, so I opted for a chef salad. Before ordering my salad, I asked for an iced tea, to which I was told they only had water and champagne. The waitress brought me my salad about 40 minutes later, and it consisted of a ton of iceberg lettuce, a small handful of questionable processed ham, some shredded cucumbers, and a tomato wedge. I had to ask for dressing, and they brought me a super tiny dish of ranch dressing and charged me for it. The dining room was rundown and in need of some major cleaning and refurbishing, and while we were eating our iceberg lettuce, we watched a drug deal happen right outside the window that we were facing. After the disappointing dining accommodations, we decided to forego the managers champagne reception mixer by the pool and headed straight for our room. At 9 pm, the pool side mixer was still raging. We figured we'd let it go a bit before complaining. By midnight, the party was not only still raging, but getting louder and rowdier. A fight erupted right outside our hotel door, and my mother who was travelling with me, and my children swear they heard gunshots from the outside entertainment area outside by the pool. We complained, and the front desk employee advised us that a fight had broken out and the cops were handling it. The walls were paper thin, the door had a huge gap between the actual door and the frame, and you could hear everything that was going on several doors down and even in the lobby and pool (and we were on the 2nd floor at the very west end of the hotel, away from the lobby and pool) The next morning, we immediately left the premise and took the free shuttle to LAX. That is the only positive experience about this place was the free shuttle and the appropriately friendly shuttle driver. You would be safer sleeping in your car, as another person suggested. Do not stay here for any reason, unless you like to party, deal drugs. trip acid, or have casual sexual encounters with random people or prostitutes. That's the vibe this place has. But then again, I should have known all this already, since Tupac raps about "Inglewood being up to no good". LOL

Room Tip: How to choose a good room? Stay at another hotel!
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Canberra Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I just wanted something that would do me for a 10 hour layover at LAX between Washington and Sydney. Booked this on line because of the shuttle and price. The shuttle pickup was more difficult than I thought since all the phones and motel phones at LAX Terminal 3 were out of order. Typical. My cell phone was not working but the guy on the information desk reluctantly phoned up.

One of the dirtiest shuttle buses arrived within 15 minutes with a guy in a grubby shirt sucking on a cup of coffee, surrounded by trash, old coffee cups and etc garbage. However, the trip to the motel was very close and quick (and I did leave a coupla bucks in the guy’s tips coffee cup), and the check in was quick and efficient with my prepaid printout plus photo ID and Visa card. The counter staff were having arguments with a Spanish speaking group wanting to check in with the internet coupon but no credit card. This requirement was clearly in the rules but didn’t seem to be understood by the Spanish speakers. I guess they never know when they may want to nick a 19" black tube type TV, eh?

There's a pleasant looking pool and quite a few happy family groups with kids splissplashing around, nice.

This seems to be a rough neighbourhood so walking around is not advised. There is a cheap chicken takeaway on the opp side of the road. As I didn’t want much more that a shower and a sleep this motel was OK, even though the rooms were decidedly 40 years out of date and in need of renovation. The happy hour was a plus with adequate booze (“champagne” aka sweet bubbly white Ca wine, from memory) and surprisingly OK hot snacks. I found the happy hour good, with reasonable bar attendant. Again, leaving a coupla bucks in the tip jar don't hurt none.

All in all, it was cheap, safe, recommended, and what I wanted. But don’t go looking for 4 star value in a 2 star layover hotel

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Tradewinds Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!