“Don't stay here, Go a couple of blocks toward LAX: Value Inn Worldwide.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Westfield Inn at LAX Inglewood

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Inglewood
Westfield Inn at LAX Inglewood
4652 W Century Blvd, Inglewood, CA 90304   |
Ranked #18 of 30 hotels in Inglewood
Spokane, WA
“Don't stay here, Go a couple of blocks toward LAX: Value Inn Worldwide.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

Graffitti on 2nd story, to the right of the side, we're in Inglewood! Scary review about bedbugs, so I said I had to see the room first. The less-than-enthusiastic desk clerk strained to hear me behind the bullet-proof glass and the jets were flying over.

Same owners 10 years, redid and upgraded about 3 years ago. Pool small but clean. Value rooms $39.95 but no internet yet in those rooms.

Upgraded $60 room, ground floor, stale smell. Room ok, stale smell, room felt too dark, small window to the parking lot, didn't feel right, I bolted. Outside environs mostly clean,

Almost ok for a male solo traveller pitstopping (checking in late, leaving early). A far better place, $65, a couple blocks closer to LAX, 4751 W. Century, is Value Inn Worldwide: EVERYTHING better. From outside appearance, to check-in to the room itself from where I write this on the 3rd floor, I can see trees. A suite, bright, good light, cleaner. (Noise from Century Blvd, which is ok with me).

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

19 people have reviewed this hotel

North Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

wow, i left a comment a few years back for "penny pinchers",,, well have not come back till now, let me say this hotel made a hugh upgrades from then till now. I love the way they changed the look and feel of the place. The staff is excellent, breakfast ok (but really what more can you ask for), I have to agree with everyone else, get the king size the silver doors with the airplanes on it, makes a world of difference.

Well just wanted to put my two scents in, remember YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, dont expect to them bend over backwards for you....

hope this helps future renters...

penny pincher

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
arkjam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

We decided to stay here our last night of our trip because we had an early AM flight out of LAX.

The hotel staff was not friendly, and we woke up with BED BUG BITES all over us! It was so gross! and to top it all off when we went down to the pool there were DEAD cockroaches floating in the water, and laying all around the deck! DISGUSTING!!!!!!

DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

I booked our trip on travelocity before I actually read the other reviews. Then when i read them i got scared and tried to change my booking, but realized it was too late and that i would have ended up paying for this room anyway even if i canceled. Since I could not afford that i just prayed for the best and packed my own sheets, towels, and waterproof mattress and pillow covers. Well when i got to the room, i was pleasantly surprised. I mean it was not a 5 star resort or anything like that, but the room was clean, the bathroom was new and clean, and there was also a microwave and refrigerator, and they were clean and looked new. The carpet looked decent, the bathroom floor had nice new tile and was clean as well. I think the sink counter was granite, or a great imitation at least! The beds seemed new and comfortable. The furniture was old and cheap and not in the best condition, but who's there for the furniture? i don't use the dressers even if i'm in a nice hotel. So that didn't really matter to me even though it was not pretty to look at. We didn't want to spend our trip in the room anyway. Location is great! And even though the neighborhood doesnt look great, it's kinda in the cut. The pool looked creepy. In our room there was a shower curtain, but no liner so every time we showered the floor got soaked, but that was fine, because we had our own towels so we used theirs for the floor. (FYI-u might wanna bring towels).
Breakfast... Coffee was coffee... donuts were....... extra moist... almost mushy.. they gave us a whole dozen for 2 adults and 2 children bc we missed breakfast.. it was a nice gesture but the donuts went to waste.. they were bad...if u want donuts Krispy Kreme is on the corner or crenshaw and Martin Luther King blvd.

So.. we followed my daughter up the elevator one day and found ourselves in what i assumed was the "bad" part of the motel... it looked really old and creepy.. there was a smell in the halls. and it was just scary. we noticed that the rooms in that area didn't have the silver doors with the airplane on it like the ones in the area we stayed. So, my advice would be that if u don't need or can't afford all the fancy 5 star stuff , and u just need a place to store ur stuff, sleep, and shower, then as long as u get a room with the silver door and the airplane, , then it is well worth the stay at that price.

I was actually very happy considering what some other reviews said. i thought there were going to be bed bugs, roaches and skin disease waiting for me in a stinky moldy dirty old room that looks like something u see in a 3rd world country in the movies... Thank God i was wrong! (even though there was a wild chihuahua in the parking lot one morning!-he was cute though!)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
San Jose, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2008

I reserved this room onlilne for 2 nights, check in was fine. First impression of the hotel was it looked fine from the outside apperance. Got to rooom and was disappointed. The entry to the room was through a narrow hall and the door was dirty looking and old. Opened the door and the room was outdated which I was not surprised about. Was not the cleanest room. I felt dirty upon walking in and couldnt get comfortable. I decided to ask for a room with an door facing the parking lot, was informed those were king rooms and cost more. I paid the difference and was much happier with the king room. Upgraded bathroom, clean, comfortable king bed. TV was ok. Location is good. Continental breakfast was not great. Overall, stay was good for the cost. Only thing I would complain about in the king room was the dead roach on the bathroom floor when i first got to the room.

• Liked — The restaurant onsite.
  • Disliked — The first room we checked into...old and outdated, which gave the the dirty feeling.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

When I read the reviews on here I was so worried because of Inglewood's reputation and what everyone had to say about the area and the hotel. Anyways, it was a lot better than I expected. The area is not scary at all, it's decent with a lot of food shops close by in a walking distance. There's a lot of blacks and Mexicans so maybe that's why people are scared of the place, I had a pretty good experience in California even though I was in Inglewood too. Try Norma's down the street, it is a GREAT and delicious diner!

The customer service isn't spectacular, it's OKAY. The lady doesn't know much when you ask her questions like "Where's your hotel located?" when you ask for directions or any other questions. The elevator is kind of creepy and smells a little but you'll get used to it.

The rooms are decent. My bed had clean sheets...I removed the comforter though because I hear comforters aren't washed much in hotels...and I removed the blanket underneathe it cuz it didn't look comfy or pleasant. The television set is decent, the fridge is cold and works great, the maids clean and replace our sheets when we want, and I had a good stay overall. The A/C kinda sucks cuz if you turn it on, the room turns into a freezer in a matter of minutes! No big deal though...

I think this place is great for only 48.50...dirt cheap but decent room. Don't expect fancy walls, pictures, and whatever. Everything is cheap but it works. I didn't bother going to the "continental breakfast" because I heard it was just coffee and donuts.

The hotel isn't too far from nice places like venice beach, china town, little tokyo, hollywood, etc. so you can take the busses.

This place isn't ideal for a gf/bf getaway, but I stayed with my bf and had a fun time in California. =) I'd glady stay again.

• Liked — Close restaurants, close to LAX, close to attractions
  • Disliked — A/C, elevator
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
barcelona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2008

Convenient if you need a night near the airport. Nothing special.
Coffee and donuts for breakfast.

• Liked — near the airport
  • Disliked — the neibourghood and the lady at reception
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Westfield Inn at LAX Inglewood? Share your experiences!