“Where's the housekeeper?” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 30 hotels in Inglewood
Los Angeles, California
“Where's the housekeeper?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

First of all, we called ahead for pricing info & were quoted a price of $85. Next, when I got there and asked for price the man told me "price is $85 plus tax but for you I give deal just $85 no tax." So we get in our room and it's totally not like brochure. FILTHY!!! Brochure says "all accommodations are newly remodeled. The Tivoli Hotel always provides to you a clean, new and comfortable room with a competitive rate." I couldn't help but notice that this place hasn't been properly cleaned since it's opening. Where's the housekeeper? Do they have one? Check out my pictures of this "clean, new and comfortable room with a competitive rate". Anyway, we checked in around 2 A.M. so we couldn't find much else plus our two kids were ready to sleep after travelling. After about an hour I saw a mouse run by the door. Called office and told about mouse and they didn't care. Then I started looking for the mouse and found a dirty pair of socks balled up beside the bed. So that's when I decided to start taking pictures of this dump. Next morning after staying awake all night I told the owner and he offered no apology nor remedy. He told me "I give bargain of $85. This good deal." He tried to tell me he normally charges $110 a night. Flat out B.S. Anyway this place should be stayed away from. TOTALLY FILTHY DUMP!! Go ahead, check the place out, you'll see. Oh yeah, the $85 doesn't even buy you breakfast here. Yup, no breakfast, no coffee or anything. Without exaggeration this place should cost about 25-30 bucks a night. It's the type of place where tweakers, dopers and prostitutes would be welcomed. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Sunne, Värmlands Län, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We arrived late night before flight and all other hotels were booked so we had to check in at Hotel Tivoli. It was the worst experience ever. Very filthy room, we requested non smoking room and they showed us to "a non smoking room" but there was ashtrays and a bad smell of smoke in the room. "Oh, the cleaners must have made a mistake" they said obout the ashtray "this is non smoking".
The beds were not cleans sheets in and all night long there were a couple fighting next door. VERY LOAD!
As if this was not enough, we discovered that they charged us more then agreed up on!
I´m not surprised that other guests have been bug biten in the beds! DONT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

We stayed here during All Star weekend due to all other hotels being completely booked. I would like to say nice things about this hotel since the owners were nice, unfortuneately we later found out that the hotel had an infestation of bed bugs! We were not aware while we stayed there, but we found out once we got home. In addition, the hotel requires you to leave a $5 deposit for the remote to the TV, which doesn't work as well as your room key, and they say they offer free wi-fi, but it does not work at all. Also when requesting more towels, you are only allowed to get as many towels as people that are staying in the room which are super small and you have to walk outside and down to the lobby to get them, they will not bring them to you. The place on the surface looks decent and like an okay place to stay if you need a cheap room last minute but the bed bug issue is one that I cannot look past, they get in your clothing and luggage and its totally not worth the Dr. bill for the bug bites and the $300 fee to have your own home sprayed to rid infestation. I will never go cheap again when staying in a hotel, and dont let the looks of a room appearing to be clean fool you.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Spokane, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

Best is driving up: gorgeous cobblestone drive; courtyard with greenery; pool. Nice.

They gave me literally the worst room in the whole joint for $49.99 plus tax, then I complained, got 2nd room, which was quieter as it wasn't exposed to the street, but was tiny, cramped, ancient tv, and I couldn't connnect to internet (I travel 15-20 weeks per year so I do this ALL the time), really annoying, you have to pay $5 cash deposit to get the key and the tv remote. OK, I'll skip the remote. Nope, still got to pay $5 for the key.

Walk-up entry, so exposure to Century Blvd and Inglewood. Value Inn Worldwide is much safer due to secure key-entry to the lobby, and all room entry from the inside. But Value Inn Worldwide more epensive, another $12'ish per night, but for me, worth it.

This place racket-y, annoying, but cheap, so can work, not for a woman alone, a woman alone safe at Value Inn Worldwide, not here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Eugene, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2005

I stayed at the Tivoli because every other hotel within 2 miles of LAX was booked. It was 1 am before I checked in here, and I had a 9 am flight so I think you can guess how tired I was. The room was well-used and slightly run down, decorated in '80's pastels, but clean. Not what I'd call cheap at $65 a night, but cheaper than just about any place else around. The hotel itself actually has quite a bit of character, being in an Italianate courtyard style with a pool in the center. It would be really nice to see this place cleaned up.

I wouldn't book it for a week if I wanted to be comfortable but for a night, it was fine.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business

Been to Tivoli Hotel? Share your experiences!