We stayed one night after arriving in Los Angeles for an extended stay in Anaheim and Hollywood.
The hotel's exterior belies the standard of the room. The welcome wasn't the friendliest and the location, while close to LAX, is not a district we would choose to stay in for more than one night. That said, the room was clean, spacious, and of a good standard even compared to other, higher priced, hotels. The rooms are not well sound proofed, and we heard the guests on the upper floor walking around. The towels were small and thin, but okay for a one-time use. The free wifi was occasional and intermittent at best. We would rather pay to have a more reliable service. We did not try the breakfast, as the room had a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker (although no cutlery or plates).
We had a room on the roadside; however, we didn't find it particularly noisy.
There are a couple of fast food restaurants located within 100 yards. We would recommend the El Pollo Loco - the food was fresh and tasty and excellent value for money, compared to the MacDonald's across the road.
Other TripAdvisor comments about the $50 deposit for 'incidentals' seems appropriate for this type of hotel, and is the same process used by larger hotels that place a 'bond' on a credit card. The check-in time of 2pm is rigidly enforced, so be prepared to wait if you arrive early. Although check-out is 11am, we were called at 10.40am to confirm if we were checking out or wanted to book another night, so timing seems important to the hotel's management.
All in all, for the price we paid ($50 per night, booked directly via the chain's website), we found the hotel good value for a one night stay, because of the spacious and clean room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - LAX/El Segundo. Our Inglewood, California hotel has 48 spacious and comfortable guest rooms featuring complimentary hi-speed wireless Internet access, microwaves, mini-fridges, cable TV with HBO, ESPN and telephone wake-up call service. We serve complimentary continental breakfast Conveniently located just outside of LAX, with easy access to freeways 405 and the 105 Make sure to visit famous Manhattan, Hermosa, Venice and Santa Monica beaches along with Hollywood, which are all less than 20 miles away from our hotel. Public Transportation is easy and close by, along with restaurants and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - LAX / El Segundo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn And Suites - Lax / El Segundo
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Lax / El Segundo Hotel Inglewood