“Poor service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - LAX / El Segundo

You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - LAX / El Segundo to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - LAX / El Segundo
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Inglewood
Canada
“Poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Front desk staff not nice. $50 for incidentals.They offer a shuttle service for $15 dollars, well there is none at midnight nor at 6 am. So finally paid $25 + $30 return. No point in paying for a cheap hotel if you have to add $55 for getting there from the airport. No breakfast at 6am either, maybe it is too early for them?

Room Tip: Go to other hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
East Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This hotel is very conveniently located near the airport, which was a bonus since my mom and I had an early morning flight to catch. The service was excellent and the staff were warm and welcoming. The room was fully equipped with a microwave and fridge. The sleep quality was the best we had on our trip and made us feel right at home. The beds were "super-size-me" big and comfortable enough to put me to sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Even my mother, who has trouble falling asleep so far from home surprisingly fell asleep rather easily. The breakfast was yummy! They had freshly baked donuts, muffins, pastries, and of course coffee and juice. It was the perfect start to our morning. Although it was sometimes a pain to be buzzed in each time you wanted to get up to the room, it was a safety precaution and we were very grateful for that. My mom and I are really glad we chose this hotel to stay at and will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Corner suites are more spacious
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Copenhagen
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My girlfriend and I needed a place to stay one night after almost a whole day of travelling so what we needed was basically just a bed and a place to eat some junkfood.

This was my impressions of the stay:
Nice roomy carpark.
Smooth check-in though the 50 dollar deposit for incedentals was a bit strange.
The room/cell had bars infront of the window and overlooked a somewhat busy road.
The area felt horrible. We were approached by several people while walking a 100 yards to McDonalds. And that was in daylight - I wouldn't think about heading out in dark.
We had a small earthquake in the middle of the night but the hotel building coped well (maybe a bit surprising) and we could go back to sleep.
The room was pretty tired and as I remember there was one tv-channel.
Forget about the breakfast. We found some stale donuts and some empty juice dispensers.

I wouldn't recommend staying here. I felt unsafe in not only the area but also by some of the other guests who looked annoyed/angry at me. The location is covenant to the airport but I wished we had drove on to find something better. Even though the place is cheap it isn't good value.

Room Tip: Double lock the rooms and check that the bars infront of the window is good?
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
US
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I give this location two stars for the following:

Plus:
1) Nice room with micro and refridge.
2) Most of the staff very friendly, 6 of 7.

Negative:
1) Surprise extra $50 separate credit card charge at check-in for “incidentals.” This in spite of clear total charge for stay guaranteed in writing. Staff claims this charge is spelled out on their web site, and I was told to “read the web site”. I had read the web site. Their assertion is not true. I even showed staff their own web site on my computer, and there is no such charge there. Still lost the discussion. Charge is refundable upon check-out if no “incidental” charges (undefined). At morning of check out, the first time I asked for the extra $50 charge to be cancelled, I was denied - because my luggage was still in room. After bringing down luggage, I had the extra charge cancelled. Particularly frustrating to show staff sentences in English and be told they say something else.

2) Breakfast of donuts, muffins, etc., included. However, when I tried to take a muffin to my room for my wife I was stopped and not allowed upstairs, I was stopped and told it is not allowed to take any items from breakfast to rooms. (door to rooms, card controlled, is next to window to office). I was stopped from even going through door. I don’t understand this problem. Rooms have micros and refrigerators and when one enters the locked door, the only place you can go with a food item is to a room.

3) Both bathroom faucet knobs (sink and bath) were non functional in that they simply spun in circles without being able to control water temperature. Sink was always on very hot and bath on always cold. Problems were fixed fast with call to desk. However, wall light was also reported broken and stayed that way during entire stay.

The first two negatives above made a very poor impression, and no way would we stay there again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Culver City, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

This America's Best Value Inn does not have the same quality of free breakfast as the one in Vista, CA does at all. The breakfast is a pastry in a package. (One of those Costco kind you buy
in bulk) Coffee is lousy! (That's the breakfast period) We had to run to Carl's Junior to get
a breakfast sandwich and good coffee! Microwave plugged in but did not work so could not
microwave our popcorn I brought 2 packets of as a snack the night before. Windows do not open
and are shut..........maybe someone tried to jump out the window? Also you have to be buzzed
in and out of the building each time you come & go which gets annoying! Room was musty and
the furniture OLD looking. NOT fresh & modern like the one in Vista at all and not a suite!
(Just one room) Would not go there again............I am not hard to please.............went to the one
in Vista twice now and will be going to the one in Vista again. Oh and the gal at the front desk
was kind of rude to my husband & told him he could not carry his cup of coffee up to our room
and although two of us were registered he was only allowed one free cup of coffee!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Do not get scared because on the outside it looks like a jail! The rooms are clean, housekeeping service every day, staff is very responsive, kind and polite. The king bed is huge and so comfortable. I stayed 7 nights for 312 dollars!
On the negative things: internet does not quite work. But the front desk can help you set up your computer to get online.
Do not try to wake up early to catch breakfast because you will be dissapointed. But if you are already up, and wanna have something basic to start off your day, they do offer that. Coffee or tea, juice and something to eat with that.
Decent place, for people on a budget. Definitely going back.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Mansfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Stayed after our flight from the UK and prior to our flight back to the UK, it's about 3 miles from the airport and is a great place to chill after a flight or a long drive, don't be fooled by the looks on the outside the rooms are very good, the beds are comfy and there is free WiFi and a complementary breakfast is included, it's only a danish and coffee, tea or juice buts thats fine for me, staff are very friendly and next time I go to LA, I will stay in this hotel again, the only downside there is a bit of road noise, it is a bit and didn't cause us to lose any sleep

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - LAX / El Segundo? Share your experiences!