“Convenient to LAX and Value for Money” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Book on CrystalInnLax.com
Ranked #1 of 30 hotels in Inglewood
Brisbane, Australia
“Convenient to LAX and Value for Money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed at Crystal Inn Suites and Spa for 2 nights after a long flight from Australia. Ray on reception was very friendly and allowed us to check in early as could see we needed to sleep. Beds were firm but comfortable and even though there was a little traffic noise we slept the sleep of the dead. Rooms were comfortable and clean if a little dated decor wise. WiFi Signal was excellent and there was plenty of free coffee and free parking. The hotel was easy to find from LAX after picking up our hire car. If you are looking for somewhere to eat there is a Denny's about 5 minutes drive away nearby. All in all a good place to stay for anyone getting off a plane at LAX who wants a reasonable room rate.

228 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at the Crystal Inn for a few days. I reserved two rooms online. The first day I reserved a room which had a jacuzzi. The room was very clean and nice. The jacuzzi was large and looked just like the picture on the site. The second day I had a regular room reserved with a king size bed. In all the owner was very nice and the service was wonderful. They had my second room ready for me soon as I checked out of the first room. It would of made my day if they would of had military discounts but I still enjoyed myself. The location of the hotel gives you access to many stores and resturants that are within distance.

Chardon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed at this motel on March 9th, 2013 due to an early flight the next day. It was very easy to find, had a gas station right down the road for filling up the rental car and we enjoyed a good nights sleep. The staff is both friendly and helpful. They were completely full the night we stayed and were turning away customers. Despite the full house it was still quiet and comfortable, all at a reasonable price. A women did approach me for money at the gas station while filling the car so be alert to your surroundings in this area. We did not feel unsafe, just a warning.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

First, the man at the desk told my wife they didn't have any rooms available. Then after he saw me look into one of the many empty rooms' windows to confirm for myself that it wasn't full he walked outside to me and said, "Oh sir, we have had a cancellation. We have a room for you." Then, while I was checking in he asked me if we wanted smoking or non-smoking. Wait, I thought you said you only had ONE room available??? Now I see that they've turned the whole place into a non-smoking establishment, but at that time it was not. I still didn't appreciate being lied to though. Everything everyone else is saying is true. Price is good. Beds are great. TV is good. Lighting good. But the pool is only about the size of a bedroom and I don't get how they're saying on their website that this is the "only resort style layout in LA". Not quite like any resort I know of but still a nice place as is the case with all things when they are new. Another perk is that this place is situated right next to a freeway which makes it easy to escape the ghetto area in a hurry without having to ride through this armpit of America called Inglewood, CA. Overall it's a nice hotel though.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Warsaw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We booked hotel in the last minute following Tripavisor reviews and it was better than we expected. Big rooms, well equipped, fantastic bed and very helpful and friendly owners. What more do you want? It is simple hotel bat has all you need. Very convenient for the LAX - 10 min drive. Only one drawback is lack of a good restaurant close by, you need to drive to have decent food, not fast food.
We will surely return to the place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This was a very nice hotel. It is very convenient for LAX and car rentals and the interstate (I-105). The rooms have tempurpedic beds, refrigerators, and microwaves. The room had excellent lighting--poor lighting is one of my pet peeves regarding hotels. It was clean and large. The staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed here in December for a few days. As I was on a tight budget, decided to give this place a try even though the neighborhood is not idea (of course, I also can't afford Beverly Hills price).

Based on the reviews here, I came in with expectations of a reasonably well managed, clean hotel. Then, I was pleasantly surprised that it exceed all my expectations. Here are the highlights:

Location: reasonable
It's located right at the I-105 exit. Need to make a U-turn after the left turn as it's at the intersection and you can't turn left directly. I never had a problem making that U-turn 100 yard later, even during rush hour. It's about 5-10 min drive from most LAX Car rental places, i.e. very convenient to LAX and other destinations around LA The neighborhood is okay, but you probably do need a car to get around (typical of LA).

Please note that Inglewood is not the best neighborhood in LA but it's just about average LA for visitors/tourists who probably just staying this hotel to sleep. The hotel premises is well separated from the surrounding neighborhood.

Room: Very clean, spacious, and recently remodeled with good quality decoration you usually would expect in a much better hotel. The hotel premises are also very clean well maintained, showing its staff is taking pride in their job.
The windows are of good quality that I didn't hear much of the freeway noise.

Bed: good quality bedding and the bed is very comfortable.

Staff: very friendly and helpful. No problem checking-in/out.

There's no real breakfast but you can get a free muffin and bottle of orange juice. There's free coffee/tea in the front office. I personally would prefer a full breakfast, but it's really very few hotels will provide a good one so I usually ended up going out for breakfast anyway.

It has a pool but I didn't use it. Don't think it has a gym.

Comparing to most budget hotels I stayed in the past a few years, this is probably the best one, or at least one of the best. Will definitely consider staying here again next time I travel to LA.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly.