“Wonderful Experience!~” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   43505 Monroe St., Indio, CA 92201 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Indio
“Wonderful Experience!~”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

My experience at this hotel was refreshing. After searching for a hotel for over 10 hours I came across this establishment. The General Manager Arun was more than helpful arranging exactly what I needed. The full experience and the price was beyond comparison to the prices around this location. Just to give you an idea of my mind frame, I had packed extra sheets in my luggage just incase I would have to use my own linens. This hotel was clean and just right. I didnt use my own linens. lol Great Place!

Room Tip: Request Arun
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Roeselare, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

very nice man at the reception. Rooms (and whole hotel) could do with some refurbishing. We had a clean room annex bathroom, but you smell in the hall that not everything is as clean. Truckcompany next door makes sure you don't sleep too long...
Poor breakfast. Typical motel: for one night and up to the next.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

I stayed here over Stagecoach weekend and left a very dissatisfied customer.

I originally made reservations for Friday and Saturday in February. My plans changed before my arrival and I called the hotel to change my stay to Saturday only. Arun, the manager, said he would charge me at the current increased rate- a difference of $45. I have not encountered this situation with other hotel changes. Upon my request, he failed to provide me the hotel's policy regarding my situation.

I called the 800 # too and asked for this policy, which they also failed to provide.

I ended up changing my reservation through Arun. When I received my revised email confirmation the rate line item was $30 less than the subtotal Arun and I agreed upon. There was no other line items included. Something was wrong.

During my stay I asked the Arun to clarify this discrepancy. He didn't have an explanation except the subtotal was correct and refused to adjust or explain the the rate.

I told him I wouldn't stay at his hotel again. The whole situation sounded suspicious from the beginning. For all I know he manually inputted the rate he charged me at. His poor business practices and lack of customer service left me with a bitter taste.

Don't waste your time and money giving this guy anymore business.

Top it off there was mold growing in the bathroom and the shower curtain was too small.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights to see the BIG 4 and got great service! The folks at the front desk were totally helpful and even recommended a cab-service to the venue and that saved us a lot of time! Jerry, the driver picked us up after the show and we avoided the cab stand lines that were hundreds of people thick. (Jerry is at 760 701-9007 if you need a ride somewhere call him). For the money, this was a great value! Will stay again if in the area!

Room Tip: Book early if there is a festival/concert in town
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Upland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

From the minute I called to let them know that I was going to be a late check-in to the minute I checked out, I received great customer service. The owner was there every day working with his employees and making sure that his customers were good to go. It was nice to see him go in the breakfast area one day and ask how everyone was doing. My room was nice and big, everything in my room was in good condition. They served hot breakfast, which was better than I expected. they had a lot of options to pick from and the hard boiled eggs were nice and warm versus being frozen. The only thing that I was not to comfortable with was the connecting rooms.

Overall, I was very pleased with my stay and would definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Roseburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

My family and I were traveling to AZ for Thanksgiving and our plans got changed at the last minute due to weather. We were coming thru Indio late Sunday night and had no choice but to stop. We were give a AAA discount, ($80 + tax) for two queen beds. Our room was clean and spacious, free Wi Fi, but the bathroom and shower (and I'm only 5" 1") needs A LOT of work. I have never had a shower head as low as I did at this place. The tub floor also seem to be "springy". We did have the hot breakfast which was a good way to start the last lag of our trip into AZ.

Our room was clean and the price was okay, I would stop again. Also, eat next door at Taco Jalisco. Excellent food and the people were SO nice (I reviewed and submitted a photo of my dinner).

A good stay but could use improvements.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

This motel is run by a family who obveiouly cares about their customers and what they think. We had such a bad experience in Santa Clertia and thought all CA motels were wretched, But when we found this one in Indio we couldn't be happier. ( It was a Jewel) The staff was attentive, & cared about our comfort and was very happy to be of service, and they had a wonderful breakfast. Will and have recommend this motel to my friends.
M & M Mesa AZ.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!