“Super 8 in Indio” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Indio
OMAHA
“Super 8 in Indio”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The front desk ladies were great and worked hard to accomodate my needs. Basically, this hotel sits on the main highway in the poorer section of Indio where most of the imigrant residents can be challenging to say the least. The room is more a of "working man's" type of accomodation with a need for updating and scrubbing. It is an older accomodation with things a little worn. I suspect that if the cars are not closely watched at night, that they could encounter some theft in the parking lot due to it being right on the main street. They have different codes for rates and there seems to be a big difference in the room price if you do not know the right words or code.

Room Tip: This area is an expensive area to stay with marginal accomodations. If you are looking for a good a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

indioman, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Indio, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hello Mr. Roger W,

I regret that we did not completely met your satisfaction during your recent stay. Please know that we value your business and your satisfaction is of utmost importance to us. I assure you that your concerns about the safety of vehicles from theft, quality of clean in the room assigned to you and prevailing rates that were quite unclear to you will be submitted to our management for evaluation. I assure you that they will look into the matter carefully.

I hope you will come stay with us again the next time you are in town for business or vacation and allow us to offer you better, improved accommodation in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Yuma Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We enjoyed the stay at the Indio Super 8 because it was set back off of the highway so you did not have all of the highway noise.It has very nice,clean rooms.Although we did not take advantage of it we observed that the have barbecue grills available also.
The are around the motel was clean and well maintained.The lobby area was clean and had a nice continental breakfast for guests.
The stall was helpful and answered questions about future stays.We enjoyed talking to Anna at the front deskas she was very helpful with our questions.We were impressed with the overall stay that we are already planning our next stay in Indio at the Super 8.It is also close to many places to eat,shop and a theater is within walking distance.
If anyone wants a nice place to stay while enjoying your stay in Indio.I would say this is the place to go to.
John and Maggie Sherwood

Room Tip: Very nice,quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello laundryman01,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience. I shared your review with the team and they too are very pleased to know that we have sufficed your expectations. We appreciate your time in sharing your experience and for taking note of our teams effort to provide you and all of our guests comfortable accommodation and for your commendation of Anna’s efficiency. Your positive feedback truly inspire us to work continuously focused and committed to offering you the best value services at all times.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We had a double queen deluxe room, and everything looked almost new. Nice furnishings, flat screen TV, kitchenette. Anna at front desk was awesome! Drawback - water was super hot in sink & shower - no cold water even after letting it run 10 mins. Reported it to front desk and they were going to have a plumber out. Shower had great water pressure, carpet was clean, beds were comfy (pillows were hard but I bring my own). Very clean nice room with a balcony too. Set off the street so pretty quiet. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
indioman, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Indio, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Hello L C,

Thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel I apologize for the momentary inconvenience on the water temperature in the shower sink and the bathroom. Nevertheless, I am glad that you were overall satisfied with our services, the quality of clean in the room assigned to you, the carpet and the bed (except for the pillows, I will submit your feedback to management for evaluation). I am sharing your review to the team, I am sure that Anna will be very pleased to know that she has sufficed your expectations. We value your business and we hope to have you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

The Good: The staff was kind and attentive. The room was clean(ish) and the bed was amazing.

The Negative:
It is understandable if there is not an operating kitchen on the premises, which prevents the staff from providing fresh breakfast foods (oatmeal, eggs), beyond coffee. However, instead of a breakfast bar consisting of only processed carbs (instant oatmeal, packaged muffins, cinnamon rolls, and bread), please consider adding fresh fruit to the offering. A bowl of bananas, apples or plums is much appreciated for those guests who are not accustomed to eating a processed breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hello Miss Aime R,

Thank you very much for your business and for giving us your feedback about your recent stay. I am glad that you were satisfied with our customer services, I will accelerate your comment about the quality of clean in the room to make certain that everything is in place prior to assigning to our guests.

We appreciate your candid feedback on the breakfast selection, I will submit your comment and suggestions to our management for evaluation. Your satisfaction is always our goal to achieve.
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We came through here for a one night stay. I had read some reviews that were unfavorable, but some that were good. I usually like to stay at Super 8 motels when traveling because they USUALLY are pretty decent...big mistake on this one! The poor reviews are not an exaggeration...and this is from someone who usually stays at this type of lodging.

First off, we arrived at about 10:30. Greeting us at our door is one large smashed cockroach and one lively one. Oh well... hopefully they stay outside right? Hospitality consists of two water bottles for our enjoyment, however they charge you $1.50 if you drink one...get real! Anyway, we entered our very warm and muggy room and figured...they save money by not turning the a/c on. I can deal with that, so first thing we turn on the a/c. It hums and every few minutes it turns off. Our room is not getting cooler. I think the fan wasn't blowing so as soon as the unit got too cold, it would shut of. Now 11:30, a call to the front desk and they tell us that they will send someone to LOOK at it. Instead I go to the front office and tell them that we are tired and don't have time for a repair person in the middle of the night and demand a different room. She comes to verify the a/c truly is not working, because she isn't sure I know how to work an a/c unit. Then gives us another room. (BTW...While waiting for a new room, another guest comes down the stairs and seeing the front desk employee with me, he tells her that his a/c is not working...hmmm, I see a trend.) I am pretty sure the new room was a "Pet Friendly" one they advertise. We had no pet, but we got to smell the previous guests' pets.

Oh well...we are tired and are going to ignore the pet smell. Crawling into bed, I noticed the blankets are full of pills...you know how the old, old felt like blankets get. The top sheet has a cigarette burn hole in it. Now, this hotel has not allowed smoking since 2000...as per the sign in the front lobby...how old does that make this sheet?? If the bedding could only talk...wait....I don't want to know.

Oh well...at least it was cool. I got up that morning, slightly grumpy from not getting sufficient sleep...because of the no a/c and room changing thing. But we get breakfast...I love breakfast...only not here. Yes it is Continental...pure starch!! No fruit, very bad juice and SKIM milk for your cereal. I looked at the selection...white bread (I guess for toast), frozen waffles, little cinnamon rolls like you get in the clear plastic packaging at the grocery store, some oatmeal packets and 2 kinds of cereal...frosted flakes and special K. It took me a while to decide what I could tolerate and decided on frosted flakes, but when I poured the skim milk on them, I grossed out and just tossed the whole thing in the trash. For heaven's sake at least give the people some 2% or better milk...it doesn't even cost more...unless it wasn't skim and it was watered down instead. I guess that would save them money.

Bottom line...AVOID!!! I would have gladly paid an extra $20 for a decent place to stay and perhaps a little better breakfast....if I had only known. There is no pride in management of this motel. It is a flop house...and for the $68 I paid and expensive flop house at that. I know $68 is not much...but it is for this place. I have stayed at Indian Wells Resort in the past and it was WAAAAYYYY better for just a little bit more. I wish I had stayed there this time. Consider yourself warned!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Indio? Share your experiences!