“Worst hotel I have stayed at in years.” 1 of 5 stars

Super 8 Indio
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   81753 State Route 111, Indio, CA 92201   |
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Pacific Grove, California, United States
“Worst hotel I have stayed at in years.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

This is the worst hotel I have stayed at in years. The cleanliness was below par, it was comparable to a Motel 6 or worse; however, priced like a upper-mid-level hotel.

In the morning I found out the shower didn't event work. The manager was nice enough to offer a $7 refund. Really, a $7 refund for a room with a non-working shower?

Just avoid this hotel if at all possible.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
indioman, General Manager at Super 8 Indio, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for your response. We conduct a courtesy calls to help guest make the most out of their room investment. If we would have known we could have offered another room. In December 2011 our standard room sold for $55. Refund of $7 would be 15% of the rent. Our head housekeeper and maintenance engineer inspects all the rooms before they are rented. This could be the one they may have missed. We will certainly take this to our heart and will do a better job.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

The rooms are clean and the bed is very comfortable. It was reasonably priced and well kept. You can tell that they just got done remodeling. The customer service was great! We needed to check in early and they were able to help us with that. Not all hotels would even think about letting you do that. I would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great review. We are so glad you recognize that we have renovated our hotel. We added 21 suites and upgraded 14 rooms to mini suites with breakfast bar and remodeled all 71 standard room with 3 color paint, travertine bath room floor and new pillow to beds in all rooms. We added elevator for our guest as well. Come stay with again.
Eagar, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I'd like to start by saying that this is not a four star hotel! However, it was clean and the beds were very comfortable. We were headed to six flags and didn't want to leave our luggage in the car all day for things like deodorant to melt. We called ahead and asked if they could help us out. we passed by them at 9:30, wa-a-y before check in time and they had our rooms ready for us so that we could not only have a place to stash our stuff, but we could also check in early! They went out of their way to make our trip better. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for letting us know you were treated well. Our front desk associates work very hard to please our guest. They try and help every way they can. You like the early check-in, quality of our new beds, cleanliness of our rooms, and service of our front desk. When you visit next you will find that we offer free breakfast that includes 2 choice of juices, cereal, bread, beverages, waffle and cinnamon rolls. We have added elevator for guest. We offer free wifi and local calls. Again as you have seen it, we are in the heart of the restaurant district on most desirable Hyw 111 location.
Diamond Bar, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

This hotel is a total rip-off! I checked in to this fleabag palace because they had free wi-fi. Checked into my room, fired up the laptop and....nothing!!! Immediately went to the front desk to check out & get a refund, and they refused! Said there must be something wrong with my computer. I went to another motel & it worked just fine. Had to go to small claims court to get my refund. The owner is the most dishonest person I have ever met.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for the review. Our free WiFi is designed and implement by Deep Blue a Wyndham vendor and has not received any complaints so far. They have 24 hours help desk. We do have policy that after check-in, and after reasonable time in the room, we will not refund the money. If there is a issue with the room we will go a head and change the room. Ones the room is used it can be rented until housekeeper clean it again . We are glad you liked Royal Plaza.
Vancouver Island, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

I was skimming through some of the aweful reviews and noticed that a few of them have some similarities. It has to do with hotel rooms being booked online and prepaid for and then getting cancelled. Then the manager offers a king bed for 30.00 and when declined he goes to 2 dble beds and then when that is declined he calls you a liar and tells you to leave and he would not let you stay there no matter the circumstance. This exact thing happened to me when I arrived and was informed that my reservation was cancelled. I don't know if this is just a coincidence, but , it sure seems fishy to me.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
david w, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Indio, responded to this review, September 1, 2011
This guest made a reservation with an Online Travel Agent. They cancelled this reservation before they arrived at our property. When they arrived we informed them they had cancelled their reservation. They asked for a room with the same rate they had gotten from the Online Travel Agent. We informed them we have no control over rates offered by Online Travel Agents. This guest then decided not to stay.
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

My husband and I were in town (4/22/11-4/25/11) for the Big 4 Concert in Indio, Ca. We flew into the Ontario airport, rented a car and drove to Indio. By the time we got to the hotel we really had to use the bathroom, one too many iced teas will do that to you! Once we got there, we figured we could use the bathroom in the lobby. However, once inside we realized that the lobby was small, and the bathroom was only for staff. I can understand the policy. So I informed the young lady who was checking us in that we urgently needed to check in. I tried hard not to do the pee pee dance. She took our info and credit card, got us checked in quickly and off we went to our room.

The room is your standard Super 8 room, 2 queen beds, a TV, desk/dresser, small round table 2 chairs, 2 night stands, lamps, phone and a safe. The sink area was outside of the toilet and shower area, which I always appreciate. We got ourselves situated...urgent matters taken care of, and we were going to go meet friends for a late lunch. We had our concert tickets and cameras, so we placed the items in the safe, but the safe wouldn't close. We checked the locking device and found that it was missing a battery. No problem, we carried our stuff in my BIG purse and I went to the front desk and let them know what the problem was with our safe. The manager, or at least I assume it was the manager said that it would be fixed immediately. Well, once we were done having lunch with our friends, we decided to stop back at the hotel so see if the safe had a battery installed. We got into the room, and sure enough a fresh battery was in the locking device and we were able to use the safe.

Overall, our hotel room was clean and surprisingly quiet. Our friends stayed at the Motel 6 which apparently had a raging party in almost all the rooms. Their bathroom was also super tiny. We were very glad to have chosen Super 8. We were even more pleased when we saw just how close we were to the concert venue. We walked from the concert back to our hotel once the concert was over, we didn't want to pay for the cab back to the hotel. In all fairness, we just needed a clean room to sleep and rest in, we felt that this hotel was a very good choice for us. I've read some of the other reviews and we just didn't have that bad of an experience. We didn't use the continental breakfast there since, we were with friends who were staying at the Motel 6 and wanted to go out for breakfast with them. Check out for us was a breeze, I think the same lady who checked us in also checked us out.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
indioman, Owner at Super 8 Indio, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. We will continue to meet the best expectation of you and all our guests for the concerts.
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Good priced hotel. We just needed a hotel for the night. There was a nice/clean pool, although I did not see anyone use it. The rooms were clean;but could of used some remodeling. The air-conditioner worked great. Coffee pot in the room was a plus. The continental breakfast in the community room was good/convenient. If you are looking for an inexpensive safe place, this is it. I would not have chosen this hotel to hang out in the room all day.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
indioman, General Manager at Super 8 Indio, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. Appreciate. Hope you can come and see our recent improvements.

Been to Super 8 Indio? Share your experiences!