“Square Dancer Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 16 hotels in Indio
Mesa, Arizona
“Square Dancer Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Went to Indio for a square dance weekend and stayed at the Royal Plaza. Third visit to Indio for dancing and definitely recommend this property for lodging. The staff is awesome! Price is reasonable with the square dance discount and you get a free hot breakfast each day. The breakfast bar has many choices and the food is from Cactus Jacks restaurant hot and fresh every morning.

Walking distance to several eating establishments and even a grocery store to stock the in room refrigerator with.

Property is a bit old and worn, but is maintained well.

Overall great value for the stay.

Room Tip: Upstairs facing the pool seems to be the quietest area.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Hermosa Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

It was 111 degrees outside and out room was very cold. The Manager is nice let me check in early and stay late. Room itself is not bad, there are some ceiling water marks, nail holes and minimal upkeep it needs, but overall not too bad. I would stay here again because of the price and service.

Room Tip: booking.com allowed me to make requests such as early check in and late check out as well as pool vi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Although this hotel is older, they maintain it well and the staff are the absolute best! It isn't shiny, sparkle from every angle or look built yesterday, but the rooms are clean and tidy and the staff is very welcoming and friendly. Plenty of food choices in the area-for the price of the room, probably one of the best values in Indio. Don't hesitate to select it for your stay, you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We came to Palm Springs for Coachella weekend and booked a room at Royal Plaza. The front desk manager is such a friendly person and made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived. The staff always went the extra mile to ensure we had a great experience at the hotel and during our weekend getaway. The rooms were very clean and the pool was perfect for the weather. I’m definitely returning next year!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Do not stay at this hotel! They have terrible customer service, a horrible cancellation policy, and a general lack of empathy. They charged me over 1, 000 for staying there during Coachella weekend when I had to cancel my trip. Please do not stay here. I plan on telling the Better Business Bureau about them next. My friend who ended up staying here says it was a dump.

Room Tip: Go some where else.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Upland, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This place will give you a disease and charge you for it. I should've trusted the reviews I read but I was in a bind and needed a place to stay. This is not a hotel and it's barely even a motel. My wife and I pulled into the deserted parking lot and suspected right away this was not the place advertised on the Internet. So the first thing we did was walk to the pool. OMG, there was a plastic bag floating in the pool, a bunch of hair, and all other kinds of debris. And God knows what else. And not a single person around to be seen. And I don't blame them because this pool is disgusting!

We got back in our car and called the front office to cancel our reservation. Of course, they told me I would still be charged because I didn't cancel within 48 hours. I said I can't trust your level of service if you treat your guests like you treat your pool. She said, and I quote, "I'm sorry if the cleanliness of the pool isn't up to your standards." Really? My standards are too high if I want a pool that doesn't have debris and bags and hair floating in it?

I said I wanted to dispute this. She told me to hang on while she talked to her boss. 10 minutes later she came back on the phone and told me the charge would stick. I said I wanted to talk to her boss. She then told me he just stepped out. Haha, so convenient.

We then booked a stay at Indian Wells Resort a few miles away for about $40 more and it was awesome!

You'd be better off sleeping in your car than catching a disease with this "motel." If I could give it 17 million negative stars I would!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Berkeley, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night during our spring break vacation. The other hotels in Indio were booked. This was a forgettable hotel with nothing to discuss. It was average in cleanliness. I don't remember much about the room or its amenities. We could not use the pool because there was a private party going on. The town was also unattractive and forgettable. The only good thing was the Mexican restaurant that we found on Trip Advisor.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Royal Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!