“Square Dance Haven” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Mesa, Arizona
“Square Dance Haven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Went to Indio to participate in the 16th Annual Rivco Square Dance Festival and stayed at this property. It was clean, quiet, and well maintained for its age. The desk staff was very knowledgeable about the local area and offered excellent choices for dining. They provided a full hot breakfast each day we were there which was sponsored by the Cactus Jack's Restaurant.

Stayed in a King Suite and had plenty of room to move around in.

Absolutely will be back for the next festival and will stay here again.

Room Tip: Any room with a North or South exposure.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I arrived at this hotel early sylvia and alberto were so nice and helpful, my room was clean, smelled nice and it was a bit cool, but I guess good AC is a plus in this desert city, close to everthing and excellent restaurant bar on site , great rates !
I will definetly stay again in the upcoming festivals.
Great hotel and new mgmt.

Room Tip: 2nd floor offers private balconies
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

My company and I stayed at the Royal Plaza Inn in Indio California while working the Coachella Music Festival. We stayed a total of 16 nights, and couldnt be happier with the place or the staff. They treated us so well each day we were there.. We kept odd hours and Had many different people in and out through the 2+ weeks, and the staff was so great at accommodating our needs. The Hotel Manager Slyvia was like having a mom away from home. She was great! I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it to anyone passing through Indio. Other things to note: The Hotel has an array of restaurants, shopping, and entertainment, all with in walking distance. And if you are there for any of the Music Festivals... it's only 3 miles away from the event site. PERFECT!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Riverside, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I made an online reservation for this hotel with no cancellation policy posted online. However, I went to check into the hotel and asked to see a room because of objective reviews both good and terrible. Upon arrival asked to see the best room I could see, and when I did, I looked around in horror and then turned around and went back to the front desk and said I would need to find other lodging. Folks, I would not want my dog walking on that grossly dirty carpeting. Who really cares about old fixtures and tattered, old, and stained furnishings. While I have a strong stomach the room had been perfumed to a nauseating level to cover up something? I did not trust sleeping on that bed and left. But I stated there was no cancellation policy posted when I made my reservation (I have proof) and asked to cancel but was told my credit card was already charged before I arrived. The hotel won the dispute by providing the credit card company with a phony written cancellation policy that was not provided to me. And it is because of their unscrupulous business practices, greed and substandard lodging that I recommend you go elsewhere. I did. I found far better and cheaper accommodations a short drive west.

Room Tip: Pay a few extra dollars for a clean and room elsewhere.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I wasn't planning on staying in Indio, but I played in Joshua Tree National Park too long and I needed to find a place to stay that wasn't too far away. I had the names of 2 hotels (the Royal Plaza Inn was one of them) from Trip Advisor, but I thought that I would drive around town and see what other hotels were there. I should have just gone straight to the Royal Plaza Inn! This hotel is clean, neat, and not too expensive. It seems that a lot of people who travel through Indio on a regular basis for work stay there. I was very comfortable and slept great. If I ever find myself in Indio again, I would definitely stay there.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I have been staying at the Royal Plaza Inn once a week for over a year for business in Indio. I tried a couple comparably priced motels. Royal Plaza Inn is a better location - far enough away from the railroad tracks for restful sleep. And the rooms are much Larger preventing claustrophobia!

The staff is wonderful - welcoming and helpful beyond expectation.

It is always a relief to arrive after a long day of work in Imperial County knowing I will get a good night's sleep for work in Indio the next day and the long drive home to San Diego.

It is also great to have the refrigerator with freezer and microwave for quick meals in the room.

• Stayed March 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed going to the Date Festival week with my family and staying at Royal Plaza which was within a walking distance of the fairgrounds. The hotel staff let its guests sit in the parking lot and we watched the President’s day parade with all its variety of floats. We were very well looked after. Our evening was spent in the heated spa followed by a steak diner at their restaurant, Cactus Jacks. Given their reasonable room rates as well, Royal Plaza is going to be our new pit stop between LA & Phoenix!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family