“Overnight Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Indio
Palm Desert, CA
“Overnight Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I live locally but decided to take advantage of free night offer. I like playing the slots at the Fantasy Springs so by staying the night at the hotel my sister and I could stay and play as late as we wanted. The hotel room was clean and bright. Had a view of the pool and mountains. Looking forward to the completion of the remodel of the casino.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Idyllwild, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are great. Hotel staff has vastly improved. Restaurants are good, however they stopped the late night breakfast buffet, which is disappointing. The casino is a mess. After many comments to them to ADD more double deck BJ, they actually took one table away. Half of the machines were out of service and drink service was non-existent. Most casino employees appear snub and disinterested in me and their job. Pit personell look down their nose at you. Not a player friendly casino at all. I eneded up going to Spotlight 29 for a friendlier atmosphere, and more of the games I like. Only bright spot this visit is my host, Kelly.

• Stayed November 2012
fantasyspringscasino, Guest Relations Manager at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Hi,

First let us thank you for reviewing our property. We value our customers and all types of feedback is always welcome. Your comments regarding casino staff have been sent to management.

Unfortunately, things are in a bit of disarray currently with the remodel - deactivated machines, closed tables, the appearance of a mess. But rest assured it will all be over with shortly and new and improved.

Late-night buffet is gone away for now - it was a seasonal offering, but we do have several late night options available for you to enjoy.

We will tell Kelly you appreciate her hard work.

FSRC
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have never stayed in a casino resort in California before and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this place. Easy to get to right off the freeway and not far from the Palm Springs airport. Very nice staff, from the parking valet to the front desk and the restaurants. Room was very nice and comfortable and above average. I was there for a meeting, and the meeting facilities were first class. Ate at the POM restaurant the first night and the salmon was delicious. Tired the buffet for lunch, and I was really pleased with all of the healthy choices. The desserts looked very inviting, but had to resist. Great views from the lounge on the top floor. I walked around the gaming floor, and even though that is not my thing, very active. Nice pool facilities as well. Would highly recommend this as a place to go when in the area. Unlike hotels in Las Vegas, this place was comfortable but not overwhelming.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Redlands, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Went to Fantasy Springs Hotel Casino for a getaway night with my husband. The room we stayed in wasn't anything special. The decor was average, there was a flat screen tv inside an entertainment center, the carpet looked like it was ready to be replaced. There was no refrigerator or microwave. For $200 a night on a Saturday I would have rated it Average, but the bed was very comfy. The Bistro restaurant was great. There is a beautiful, large pool area. We went to the Wine Bar on the 12th (top) floor for a drink which was nice & new. It has an outdoor seating area. We also checked out Lit which is their dance club, but didn't go in. It's rather small and that night they had a band that played older, pop/ r&b hits. I didn't have any luck in the casino, but they have a wide variety of slots and a few tables. As other travelers have mentioned, the air system is awaiting a very much needed upgrade. I left one area of the casino just because it was so stuffy and I felt like I couldn't breathe.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Carson, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The hotel was first class!!! The room was clear with a excellent veiw of the mountain. I slept better then I have in along time. I enjoyed playing in the casino. The machines where very loose. The food was excellent (you get your moneys worth)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Visalia, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My first time staying at Fantasy Spring Resort Casino. I checked in my room, the floor was wet and my big mirror was about to fall off the wall. I talked to the front desk receptionist and the only room they could transfer me was a dirty smoking room. I changed room, i had to sleep in a smoking room on my first night stay. i drove 5 hours to this Fantasy Spring Resort Casino and this is what service i get. Very bad experience. The next day, i had to move all my belongings to transfer to another room. So, far i had to move room to room. What the heck is with this Resort Casino. I came here to relax at this casino resort, but i had to do the run around. I'm totaly not satisfy with this. Check ou the pictures i took. It proves the poor quality of this Fantasy Spring Resort Casino. Pictures proves it. Customer service is very important, but htis casino doesn't care about customer service. Later, that evening i went to the food court area called, "Lique." I order a egg omelet and half way eating my food, i found a hari in my egg omelet. Nasty. Very poor quality food safety standards. I notice the employees working there doesn't wear hair net at all. They do as they please. OSHA should be sent their to do a walk through safety inspection check there. The slot machines are old, alot of old reel slot machines. The machine there doesn't pay out at all. The casino floor has lump bumps on the floors. Trip hazards are waiting to happen. Liability issues for the casino. The casino management is highly recommended to look into this matter concerns before it's too late. If this continues, the casino will close it doors for good. I highly recommend customer to stay away from this Fantasy Spring Resort Casino. It's a waste of your money and time. F+ service and quality. Morango Resort Casino is three times better and more fun than this casino. This my experience at this Fantasy Spring Resort Casio. I wanted to share this to people out there. Customer, Steven.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
fantasyspringscasino, Guest Relations Manager at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Hi Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate the feedback, it's important we know when a guest leaves unsatisfied. The conference you were a part of occupied nearly the entire hotel and given your late check-in time and already small availability we simply did not have an alternative room to provide you with at the time. We are sorry, but there were no other available options at the time. We have forwarded your remarks concerning the food to our head of F&B. He will ensure staff are properly reminded of procedure and use your review of as an example of why it is important . Thank you again for your review.
Santee, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

1. My husband and I have stayed twice at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino. We have been very pleased with our rooms. The rooms have been very clean and comfortable.

2. The pool and spa area are great.

3. We have eaten at the Buffet and the POM. The meals have been good.

4. The Casino has a large selection of machines and they also have Bingo.

5. Overall, it is a very nice Resort and Casino.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indio
BEST WESTERN Date Tree Hotel
WorldMark Indio
WorldMark Indio
#4 of 16 in Indio
4.0 of 5 stars 273 reviews

Been to Fantasy Springs Resort Casino? Share your experiences!