“Just okay” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Indio
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I used Indian Palms strictly for convenience. I was renovating a house and needed a place to stay that was close. I found the hours of the office are really inconvenient. They need to be open from 8-8. On one of the weekend days, not sure if it was Saturday or Sunday, they aren't open at all. Their hours are really different. Also the units are old and need updating. Some of the units are actually used as year round rentals. Therefore, I never got to use the pool due to the large amounts of family members having gatherings around the pools and barbeques on a daily basis. Also, VERY noisy. The people that resided year round, tended to have low rider cars that had loud exhaust systems. Difficult to sleep especially after you have worked all day. You need a transponder to get IN and OUT of the facility. I was without one for almost a week, because I was told the manager hadn't ordered them. I was not the only one. I met others in the office on several mornings that were in the same situation. So without the transponder, I had to wait for someone to leave in the morning so I could get out. I was told to check in every day to see if anyone had turned in a transponder, but their hours again weren't convenient for the working person. I would be up and gone before they were even open. The girls in the office were nice enough, but I feel that the place as a whole really isn't what I am used to. Sorry to ruin anyone's day. It really needs to be looked into.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

IPVC, General Manager at Indian Palms Vacation Club, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Hello dlsheeran2,
Thank you for reviewing your recent experience with Indian Palms Vacation Club. We apologize for the difficulty you endured during your stay. We take all feedback from our guests very seriously and will share this with our team. Our office hours are: Mon to Thur & Sat 9am - 5pm and Fri & Sun 9am - 9pm. We are working closely with the Indian Palms Country Club regarding the gate transponders. We have increased the amount of transponders for our guests. We thank you for your review and hope that we can one day welcome you back to restore your faith in our property.

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed six nights and loved the clean apartment living in our two story condo. The pool was right outside our front door and was very nice. Our friends have a home close by within the gates - it was a convenient walk. The receptionist was very friendly and we found check in and check out speedy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Corona, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Wonderful every year (12 years in a row). Always look forward to having a cocktail with Jack at the La Palma Grille in clubhouse. Bloody Mary & Breakfast Burrito's to die for. Swimming pools tend to be a lil crowded memorial day weekend. WE always bring a group of about twenty people and everyone has a good time. Near Fantasy Springs Casino & Bowling.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Really nice,clean just need to have a key to exit the side gate, clean pool close to shopping and dining and freeway, clear cable reception which seems to alway be a problem at hotels we stay while traveling to softball tournaments throughout the country

• Stayed July 2012

Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed 5 nights here and really enjoyed our stay. 2 story condo with older furnishings but to us that really is not an issue as long as it is comfortable, clean and convenient. It was all of that. Our condo was right next door to the office and while it did not have a view of anything we were always out and about. It had 2bedrooms and a full bathroom upstairs, lounge room plus a big kitchen and very small toilet down stairs. It is also very very close to the Indian wells tennis garden. They do have tennis courts here plus a very good gym with everything that you need. Actually more than in most places. You do have to pay extra to use it though as it is for residents and hotel guests. They also have different pools that you can use which is very handy as it was very very hot when we were there. We really enjoyed our stay and will look at this place again for this year as it was great value and a very good location to everything. Had no issues what so ever with this property so really hope to get back there again. Thanks for great stay.

Room Tip: Ask if you can get a condo on the golf course as that would be very picturesque.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We traveled with 2 adults and 3 children to Indio for a lacrosse tournament. We lucked out to find a place so close to the Polo Field. We had a great 2 story, 2 bedroom condo. It seemed more like an apartment. It's not luxury accommodation, but a very functional place to stay. The apt was newly remodeled, new furniture and an exceptionally comfortable king sized bed! The kitchen was stocked with good quality pots, pans and dishes. The kids opted to eat in both nights and enjoy the pool (not fabulous but okay) and the big screen tv/dvd. We BBQ'd by the pool (gas grill, super clean). The front desk staff was great, they loaned us a transponder for quick in and out of the property. (with $150 no return fee) as we checked out they nicely reminded me to get it from the car. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Close to the pool is nice if you bring kids.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Puyallup, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I just got back from a 7 day stay at Indian Palms. This place was not my first choice, but was the only option during the dates I needed. I was in a 2 story Townhouse. The bathroom downstairs is super small and if you are an average sized person you will have trouble closing and opening the door while you are in the bathroom. The couches are super uncomfortable and hard. Our maid never only briefly came in to take out the trash. They leave an envelope for you to leave a tip, but I didn't feel like I was given any service. I prefer to stay places where they make the beds, take out the garbage and refill the towels often. There are some patio chairs in one of the closets downstairs. The stairs are steep, creaky and on my last day I stepped on a needle of some sort. The master bed was comfortable as were the pillows. The other bedroom was small, but we just had our 1 year old son in a crib so that didn't bother us. We requested a crib and highchair, but upon entering they didn't bring one. Luckily we noticed before the office closed for the night. We tried to call the front desk but there was no answer so we walked down there and the receptionist was just sitting there. Someone did finally bring the crib, but we never did get the highchair. The units are not too clean, the shower never got really hot, just lukewarm. As far as the reception goes, the girl who works there is very nice, but before booking when we tried to call as well as when we were at the resort she never did answer the phone. I don't know how they take reservations when no one is available to speak with. There are two pools, one had really warm water so we opted for the cooler of the two pools. They use salt instead of chlorine, so one of the pools (warmer one) stung my eyes, but the other one didn't. They offer grills in the pool area to use and we did that more than once. I traveled with my parents who had their own unit and it was the same as ours. Both are dated and run down. They do have flat screen TV's which are nice. We ate in our units a lot of the time and the kitchen stuff was nice. My dad used the golf course and he enjoyed that. Overall, I would probably not stay there if I was going to be in my unit a lot. If I were only going to sleep there then it would be fine.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Indian Palms Vacation Club? Share your experiences!