“Great stay in Indio” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
California
“Great stay in Indio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We traveled with 2 adults and 3 children to Indio for a lacrosse tournament. We lucked out to find a place so close to the Polo Field. We had a great 2 story, 2 bedroom condo. It seemed more like an apartment. It's not luxury accommodation, but a very functional place to stay. The apt was newly remodeled, new furniture and an exceptionally comfortable king sized bed! The kitchen was stocked with good quality pots, pans and dishes. The kids opted to eat in both nights and enjoy the pool (not fabulous but okay) and the big screen tv/dvd. We BBQ'd by the pool (gas grill, super clean). The front desk staff was great, they loaned us a transponder for quick in and out of the property. (with $150 no return fee) as we checked out they nicely reminded me to get it from the car. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Close to the pool is nice if you bring kids.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Puyallup, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I just got back from a 7 day stay at Indian Palms. This place was not my first choice, but was the only option during the dates I needed. I was in a 2 story Townhouse. The bathroom downstairs is super small and if you are an average sized person you will have trouble closing and opening the door while you are in the bathroom. The couches are super uncomfortable and hard. Our maid never only briefly came in to take out the trash. They leave an envelope for you to leave a tip, but I didn't feel like I was given any service. I prefer to stay places where they make the beds, take out the garbage and refill the towels often. There are some patio chairs in one of the closets downstairs. The stairs are steep, creaky and on my last day I stepped on a needle of some sort. The master bed was comfortable as were the pillows. The other bedroom was small, but we just had our 1 year old son in a crib so that didn't bother us. We requested a crib and highchair, but upon entering they didn't bring one. Luckily we noticed before the office closed for the night. We tried to call the front desk but there was no answer so we walked down there and the receptionist was just sitting there. Someone did finally bring the crib, but we never did get the highchair. The units are not too clean, the shower never got really hot, just lukewarm. As far as the reception goes, the girl who works there is very nice, but before booking when we tried to call as well as when we were at the resort she never did answer the phone. I don't know how they take reservations when no one is available to speak with. There are two pools, one had really warm water so we opted for the cooler of the two pools. They use salt instead of chlorine, so one of the pools (warmer one) stung my eyes, but the other one didn't. They offer grills in the pool area to use and we did that more than once. I traveled with my parents who had their own unit and it was the same as ours. Both are dated and run down. They do have flat screen TV's which are nice. We ate in our units a lot of the time and the kitchen stuff was nice. My dad used the golf course and he enjoyed that. Overall, I would probably not stay there if I was going to be in my unit a lot. If I were only going to sleep there then it would be fine.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

When checking in it seem that the place was going to be fine once we got in the room it had the worst smell ever room were to small all the bed had stains carpet was dirty shower was dirty we couldn't walk with no shoes in the room that how dirty it was would not recommend any one to stay there

• Stayed August 2012
no california
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

We have a timeshare we traded for this! Although setting is nice, country club, nice 27 hole golf course, great fitness center good restaurant. Unfortunely the unit is as stated by other comments 70's motel, dark, couch is the worst I have ever seen! It is so saggy and dirty it is unbelieveable. Originally we were given a unit that backed up to a busy street. We said that it was unacceptable and the next day we got a unit on the golf course, nicer setting, but the unit was exactly the same. Same couches! There are no outside chairs or table. This is a resort you would think that there would be some kind of chairs etc for outside seating. We have been trading our timeshare for many yrs and have never been so disappointed. I will definately do much more due dilligence next yr!

Room Tip: If you must stay here ask for a refurbished room on the golf coure
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
California, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We knew before we arrived that we were booked into an average property. From the reviews that I read the units show sign of age but did not realize that it is 30 years old. The furnitures or at least the upholstery should be cleaned or replaced. We left the unit for 2 days for out of range tour. Asking for unit to be cleaned before we got back. The bed was made up but pool towels and shower towels were left in the unit untouched..never faced this type of midweek cleaning before. We were assigned with a unit backing to a street. The traffic noises in the second bedroom was quite loud. Even my 9 years old grand daughter complained about it. The. Windows should be replaced to help to reduce the noise. Front desk young lady was very helpful and friendly. The property locates in a unique set up. It is in the back of a country club; a gated community with golf course and hotel. It is not a convinient spot to get to.

Room Tip: Avoid all units backing to street.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

Unit was well equiped and recently updated. Pool was heated even though the air was cool.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

I had attending the Country Festival with my daughter and granddaughter in April 2010- When we arrived the staff was very friendly and helpful as I dont travel often. They helped us find stores and any other questions. The resort was in a great location for the concert and is quiet and relaxing.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Indian Palms Vacation Club? Share your experiences!