“Great Family Vacation Spot” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   42151 WorldMark Way, Indio, CA 92203   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 16 hotels in Indio
Santa Maria, California
“Great Family Vacation Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I loved this resort. I am a Wyndham Vacation Resort timeshare owner and this is only the second Worldmark location I have visited. I read previous conflicting reviews and didn't know what to expect when I arrived. The grounds are well landscaped and the drive leading to the resort property is well landscaped as well. We were greeted by at a 24 hr security guard station upon our arrival that asked our reservation name, this gave us a safe feeling. The check in was fast and easy, we were asked to join a presentation, but declined and it was not pursued, so that was nice. My family loved the pool, spa, gym, and recreation area. We especially enjoyed the lazy river, yes it is small but it is so relaxing and refreshing on a hot day. We enjoyed relaxing and grilling on our room's private patio in the evenings, enjoying the warm desert nights. We did visit nearby shopping and restaurant spots in Palm Desert and Rancho Mirage about 20 minutes away, but if we returned again we would allow more time to enjoy the ammenities at the resort.

Room Tip: We stayed in Building 8 which overlooks the golf course and the pool area. This was a convenient lo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

174 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Santa Ana, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Yes! Bed Bugs at this beautiful resort! All over the bed and on my friend. It was the most awful experience that we have every experiance on vaction. Please beware because it is not worth it for all the trouble you will have to go through. We cut are trip short and wasted alot of time over these bugs. that is why I am posting this so you all know ahead of time before you decide to stay here. And to make matters worse their was no urgency with the front desk and Management. This just happen May 1, 2012, so for those of you that read this do yourself a big favor and stay somewhere else......

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Driving to the resort, I noticed all the bunny roadkill all over the road. I thought I was approaching a war zone. The blonde concierge lady was rude. She didn't even ask if I wanted to attend the presentation. I guess I wasn't good enough for her. The lazy river was under construction our entire stay. The jack hammering of concrete was very soothing and relaxing. The kid pool and two Jacuzzi's were both under construction too. Due to construction, they moved us to building 4. We had a really nice view of a large pond and the sun only hit our room 2 hours a day early in the morning. My daughters loved the ducks roaming around. The surrounding atmosphere sounded like an amazon jungle. Birds and wildlife chirping the whole time, which was cool. The room was nice, and my wife liked the style of the kitchen. The private BBQ on the balcony was cool. The guy below us burned all his pork chops cause he doesn't know how to BBQ. My daughters loved the kid pool on the other side of the resort. I loved all the Russian women who were walking around the pool in bikinis. I thought I was in Moscow & I wasn't complaining either. The store was nice, modern and well stocked with a great selection of wine to get your wife drunk. The recreation center was the best I've seen. This is a great resort to lay out by the pool and get some hot sun. The grounds looked great and the weather is nice at night. Warm wind feels great from the balcony while wearing a Speedo. Overall, my family loved this resort and we will definitely return. It will be even better next time with all the amenities available. Would highly recommended this resort.

Room Tip: The sun will pound your room if your facing south...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Canyon Lake, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Worldmark seems to be the best maintained timeshare company in the USA. It is not cheap but at least units and grounds are maintained in excellent condition. The rooms at Indio are spacious and clean. Love the gas barbeques in every unit. Great location on the 'good side' of Indio near the Fantasy Springs Casino and an excellent WinCo super store nearby. Internet for our membership class is included. Bed was a little harder than I'm used to. Pool areas are very nice and there was plenty of room and spaces in the shade when we there with the Coachella Stagecoach crowd. Wish the lazy river was longer. Nice grounds, courteous staff, but we still prefer to avoid the owner update sessions. No matter how much they say otherwise, they still come across as sales presentations with a certain amount of pressure involved.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

We stayed at the Wordmark Indio the end of March through the first week of April. It is beautifully landscaped, has a nice pool, hot tub, lazy river, and wading pool. There is also a small play area with slides and such for little ones. My boys enjoyed the arcade with ping pong and pool tables. Free movies are shown nightly in the 'movie theatre'. There are also movies available to rent. It has tennis and basketball courts and a golf course. I think it even has shuffle board. All staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.

We had a two bedroom condo complete with washer and dryer. They even provide detergent. It was perfect for our family of four. We had groceries delivered to our room so we didn't even leave the resort for several days at a time.

Some negatives....no onsite restaurant unless you count the one at the golf course which I don't think is actually part of Worldmark. That restaurant only has two things on the menu that aren't appetizers and they were out of both when my husband and son went there. Secondly, It's really far from Palm Springs where the cute little cafe's with outdoor seating are. We had trouble finding restaurants nearby that aren't big chains. We probably should have done more research before just jumping in our car and searching for a restaurant.

Unlike a previous reviewer, I was not hasseled about taking a time share tour. They asked while I was getting my parking permit, I declined and that was it.

Would definately recommend unless you want to be closer to all that Palm Springs has to offer.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Great resort - wonderful pools, activities, concierge desk is very helpful. Activities meetings to help you decide what to do in the area. Easy access to freeway or bypass road to go to Palm Springs. Casion nearby.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
West Valley City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this resort with our five children and we loved it. The rooms were spacious and well stocked. Because our children are small it was great to have in room washing machine/dryer and vacuum because messes just come with the territory. The master bedroom was luxurious and let us have a nice place to hibernate once we got the kiddos settled into bed.

We aren't golfers so we were a bit concerned that we would get bored, but with several on site pools, tennis courts, game room, walking paths and the lazy river (my personal favoriye) we stayed very happy. The kids loved the on site play grounds as well (which were covered with sturdy canopies so they didn't get too hot in the summer sun).

One of our favorite activities was feeding the ducks each morning. There is a large pond in the center of the complex and most of the rooms look out onto it (did I mention the grounds were GORGEOUS and very well kept). From our second floor balcony our children would drop bits of bread to the excited ducks while I prepared their breakfast and they LOVED it (both the ducks and the kids).

The resort did call incessantly trying to get us to come to their 2 hour pitch to buy a condo and that got very annoying. We have been to several resorts over the years so we've been pushed to attend before, but these guys did not give up. Eventually we just unplugged the phone (we use our cell phones anyway for calls) and that pretty well fixed the problem.

Also while there was an on site store things were ridiculously priced and it was a 10ish minute drive to the nearest grocery store so that was a bit of pain (with five kids in tow) but not that big a deal.

With a nearby zoo, local hikes, movie theaters, miniature golf etc we stayed busy all week and loved our vacation.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to WorldMark Indio? Share your experiences!