“Good for me” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
Chicago, Illinois
“Good for me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I had just come from Joshua Tree for a few days staying in Yucca Valley and was looking around the Palm Springs area for a relatively inexpensive place that would have a good bed and place to relax.

I loved the "old feel" to the room (it had a desk in between the two beds with a chair for people to put on makeup like in a 1950s sitcom). It just felt very comfortable to me and did the job perfectly. Nice shower; nice sleep.

The lobby was nice. I felt I was barging in on something though when I checked in since the Frank Sinatra impersonator was on. Hah. I wasn't overjoyed with the breakfast the next morning, but it does have the basic staples.

Room Tip: I think it's pricier, but the ones facing the pool have a much better view than the ones facing...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Hanover, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The location and the overall appearance of this is good. However it has areas that need to be improved. The rooms are ok and our suite had a beautiful window overlooking the golf course but it had heavy sliding doors that prevented one from enjoying it. The worst thing was the breakfast "buffet". Convenience stores have better quality and options than this. For $28/day you should be able to do better. Also I don't think that open containers of yogurt would pass health inspections.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the golf course are the best.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Pete D, Front Office Manager at Indian Wells Resort Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
We are glad that you had a very nice room for your stay. We do constantly try to change the menu for our continental breakfast. Your comments will be forwarded to our food and beverage manager. Sorry once again for the continental breakfast options.
Palm Desert, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

The worst hotel experience I have ever had!!! The room smelled like poop. The beds are from the 50's, the mattress is over ten years old. The service here is horrible, there strange, and rude... The staff are obese, they destroyed my appetite!
I would almost rather sleep on a trash can.

• Stayed April 2014
Laguna Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I spent only one night and almost two days in March for the BNP Paribas Tennis Open. The hotel building is very well located and the rooms are big but old so the furniture, carpets and the decoration needs to be refurbished. Breakfast is just a disaster and the food at the bar is awful. All salads have chicken and although the barman tried to make me happy getting some fish for my salad, the fish was not good. Do NOT ever try it out as it is TOO expensive for an old hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
We are very sorry that the food was not to your liking. We do try to offer a continental breakfast to all guests to start the day off right. It is not always going to be to every individual persons liking, but for the most part it is a good value. I see that the bar tender did try to help out with a different choice... sorry once again...
Palm Springs, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Rooms were outdated in a creepy way. Our room smelled like human feces. Staff was beyond rude and weird. Felt like we stepped into the twilight zone. Don't even get me started on entertainment. Lucile would appalled with her picture hanging all over this place with the disgusting condition her hotel is in. I would almost rather sleep on the sidewalk than stay in this piece of crap. Indian wells resort hotel can go screw themselves. I can't wait till the sun is up so I can get out of here.

• Stayed April 2014
So sorry you had a bad experience. As for our staff, I know that we are not rude or even weird. but you must have had an unusual situation. I wish you would have approached myself or any other manager to let us know what caused your bad stay. Truly unfortunate and very sorry.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Lovely evening listening to Frank DeSalvo in the lounge at Indian Wells. He is a terrific entertainer and impersonator. The $10 cover charge is well worth the entertainment he provides. Mostly it is graded to the over 70 crowd, with Sinatra, Davis and Martin being his mainstay. Our dinner selections were good and the costs reasonable. I believe he entertains weekend nights through most of the high season.

Room Tip: We did not stay at this hotel. Just visited the dinner show.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Clean and fine for a budget experience. We paid for a "view" room but only got a lower-level pool view so that was a little disappointing. I left a personal item in room after check-out and they claimed it was never found. We passed on the lounge act and went to Vicki's next door for the fun piano bar entertainment.

Room Tip: If you are paying extra for a view room, make sure you request a higher level with a golf & moun...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Pete D, Front Office Manager at Indian Wells Resort Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
We are sorry that you didn't receive the higher floor room for your view room. You can definitely ask for a specific floor and we will always do our best to accommodate your request, if we can due to occupancy.

Been to Indian Wells Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!