“Ok” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Well my wife booked this hotel for the family for summer vacation without my knowing. The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was actually ok, clean and up to date, the carpet did feel like concrete but the beds are comfy. There is a mini fridge in the closet which was cool because we had children's medicine that needed to be refrigerated. The lobby, dinning and the pool is nice, it was great for night swimming because it was still 100 degrees and the lit blue water was cool the kids loved it. The things that sucked was our parking lot view that we could upgrade to a golf view for an additional $25 per night, and a $20 resort fee (not a resort), the hall way is really dim and there is Nothing to do in the area therefore you need an ACTUAL RESORT, but if you need the room to sleep or just lay back a relax it works. It came with a free "DELUX continental" breakfast, this was the worst I've ever had and I've had a few continental breakfasts theres is a joke. All in all it was a relaxing getaway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed here in early July with some friends and family. We usually go to Desert Hot Springs Spa Hotel, but we can't handle what a dump the place has become. So, we decided to try something new we saw on Groupon. We paid $49 for a room and $79 for a suite, plus $20/day per room resort fee and the usual taxes. It came out to $190 total for 5 people, which is under $40/person...what a great deal! The package included free breakfast for 4 of us, along with 4 free cocktails at the bar.

I never went in the regular room, so I can only tell you what I thought of the suite. It was spacious and comfortable, featuring enough room for us all to relax comfortably in the living room area. It had two separate bathrooms, which was really nice. The main bathroom featured a nice tub and separate shower. The room was very clean and in good repair. My only complaint is the beds were somewhat firm, didn't have enough pillows, and were far too narrow. Who uses "full/standard" bed anymore?! They were barley big enough for one person, so sharing the beds in order to accommodate 4 people(as the room claims to) would absolutely be out of the question! Luckily we had bought an extra room for 2 of the guests and one other guest took the couch in the suite, which was good enough for him.

The pool/jacuzzi area were excellent. The deck was extremely clean, as was the water. Both bodies of water were heated to the appropriate temperatures. The pool deck overlooks a golf course, which adds to the relaxing feeling one gets while lounging about.

Overall Indian Wells Resort made a great impression on us and we will definitely be back, with or without another deal from Groupon. This place is worth full price, in my opinion.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Upland, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel the first time I visited the Palm Springs area many years ago and I have enjoyed staying there countless times since. This time, however, I felt that the rooms really needed some TLC. The common areas are still nice and they've built a fancy new pool area (I suspect so they can charge a $20 resort fee), but the rooms just felt tired and old. We paid for a delux pool view room (hardly!) but it was dark and the room appointments were just tired. We were also shocked to see a pile of soiled linens in the hallway, which stayed there overnight and into the next day when we checked out! The "resort" fee is outrageous, since this is really not a resort at all. It's a hotel with a nice pool area. Please, Indian Wells people, fix this.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
san diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had a girls weekend of laying by the pool, shopping, and great dinners. This hotel is in a great location and has excellent restaurants around it! Love this place highly recommend it! The staff are nice, decent rooms, and they have a shuttle bus to take you to near by places.

• Stayed June 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Great customer service at check in but the rooms really leave a lot to be desired. Filthy carpet and how can you call yourself a "resort" and still use bedspreads and Big Lots blankets on your bed?!?!

• Stayed July 2013
Arroyo Grande, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Okay, so I booked this room months in advance for a stay last October. I booked it because it was a AAA-Rated 3-Diamond Resort. I work at a AAA-Rated 4-Diamond Resort - I know what level of standard should be upheld but am also not the naggy, rude, guest who is never satisfied. I arrived on a beautiful October afternoon in the middle of the week. We reserved only one night, although I assured the agent at check in we would be staying longer if we liked it. Upon arriving at the porte cochere, there was no valet to greet me. I walked into the lobby and saw a male employee just, kind of, standing there. It was confusing. I walked up to the front desk and was greeted by a young lady, whom I did not catch the name of. She was very friendly and made the process pain-free. There was at no point any offer of luggage assistance, however, which I desperately needed.

After lugging all of our bags from a 10-day roadtrip into room, I noticed it was very standard-sized, nothing special. Beds were a little uncomfortable. There was pen and pencil drawings all over the night stands and desk. The kind that can easily be removed if someone actually wiped them. I immediately noticed a small roach-like bug on the wall. I killed it. It happens! Our poolside room was very convenient.

We decided that the first thing to do was order room service. I call and they tell me that they don't serve food between, I believe, 11a - 4pm. REALLY?! Okay. So it was decided that we would leave, after driving 4 hours, to go get lunch. Luckily, I previously lived in the area for years, so knew exactly where we could go that was close. We picked up pizza and came back to the hotel when I realized that we forgot drinks. I called room service and was told that they also don't serve drinks during these hours either. I wasn't looking for alcohol, I wanted water and/or soda. I then have to leave, yet again. I come back with drinks and place them in the mini fridge.
We eat and now it's pool time!

The pool was very large, beautiful and seemingly clean. A couple hours later, I returned to the room to find that none of the drinks had been chilled - they were actually all warm. The mini fridge was not working. I called the front desk with my issue and was told that there were no more minifridges and the agent apologized. I approached the desk a few minutes later to see if there was a bucket, or box that I could use to put ice in. I was given two plastic bags...

The bar was now open so we decided to have a few glasses of wine. The bartender did nothing to strike up conversation with us and actually kind of avoided us. After returning to the room, I am in the bathroom and see TWO MORE BUGS! I took pictures of them, the hair in the toilet, and sheet stains. I approached the front desk again with my pictures, and a finger-covered in dust that I had wiped off the closet shelf. The agent apologized and offered to move us into a suite for the remainder of our stay. We were more than grateful and moved all of our belongings, ourselves. The agent assured me that the manager would call me in the morning as I was not sure I wanted to stay any longer and was VERY disappointed. The suite was large, and a nice room (absent the issues). The tissue box which was built-in to the wall, was literally hanging out and could not be secured. There was, again, hair in the bathroom, dust on a night stand and the screen door onto the grass kept coming out of it's track.

The next day we received no call from a manager, ALL DAY. I didn't want to be that guest calling and nagging so figured a manger would call me when they had the time. We ordered food that day and were let down by the quality and portions. We were also only given breakfast vouchers for one day because no one contacted us about our extension. We even actually wondered if anyone knew we had moved rooms because housekeeping never serviced our suite and we got no call. Upon departure, I made it a point to go the front desk. I asked for the manager and spoke to Alison - the Front Office Manager, I believe. She seemed to care very much about everything that we experienced throughout our stay. Alison generously had my charges reflect the let-downs. She also let me know that a gift certificate for a return stay would be mailed out to me. I received it a couple weeks later.

My experience was less than average; however, Alison's assurance that this was a one-time incident will have me come back. I am currently looking at dates and am confident that this trip will be better than the last.

Room Tip: The 1-Bedroom Suites are worth going for - MUCH larger.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

An entire late Saturday afternoon and evening wasted waiting for hotel personnel to fix a broken a/c which was a necessity on that 122 degree day. The maintenance person came once to swap the a/c unit which ended up also not functioning and never came back. We kept being told he was busy.

I went to the front desk and asked for another room and the on duty manager (Joseph) said there were no other rooms available. When I told him that was not good enough and demanded they do something he said to hold on and went into the offices behind the front desk and never returned. After figuring he wasn't coming back I asked another staff member to ask Joseph to call my room and I returned to my girlfriend who looked like she had been sitting in a sauna all day. After receiving no call from Joseph, I returned to the front desk. When Joseph saw me coming, he promptly went back into the offices again and wouldn't come out. Needless to say, we booked another hotel, packed our things and left never to return.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Indian Wells Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!