“Great family hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
Calexico, California
“Great family hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Great family hotel had relaxing time. good overall service, professional staff. As far as hotel and lobby and rooms, hotel is a little dated, compare to some of newer ones on the block, but getting some major remodeling. Liked free parking, pool and breakfast, worth stay and price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
LOS ANGELES, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I was completely disappointed with this hotel. In person tye hotel did not look anything like the photos on their website. The pool was a lot smaller, the rooms outdated and the breakfast buffet they call "deluxe" was basic toast, butter, hardboiled eggs, cereal and coffee. The worst part...I switched rooms 3 times. The first room they gave me was right next to the elevator, needless to say it was so noisy due to traffic. I addressed that with the front desk and gave me another room, this time the ac did not work (this is the dessert we're talking about...a working ac is a must). Once again I was moved to another room. This time the room smelled like someone smoked inside (supposedly a non-smoking room) and the TV has green lines across the screen. I was too tired to argue with the front desk so I just controlled my anger and said to myself.."oh well, whatever". I will never book a weekend stay at this hotel again...I'm actually still in the hotel room while I write this review.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Whittier, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I know other people are not happy with the stay that they had, but please read my review and decide if this is the place you would like to spend time and money on!!!

My Hubby and I stayed here on a Groupon deal over the weekend. We both got out of work early on Friday and made our way to Indian Wells for a last time getaway for the summer.
We were greeted by Will at the Valet and from there, our experience was one of friendly, helpful and knowledgable staff.
The room was exactly as we thought it would be...big and spacious. We had a Mini Suite with 1.5 baths, livining room and bedroom. The bed was comfy (maybe a bit too comfy because now I want new mattresses for my bed at home!!)
The continental breakfast was just that...continental breakfast...but it did tend to be a bit bigger and offered more options than at other places where we have stayed. We also were able to order off the cooked breakfast menu and those items were wonderful.
We had drinks in the lobby (Bloody Mary was so spicy and good) and listened to the band playing in Frank's Place (the bar, which was open to the lobby)...
We will stay here again when we are in the mood for another getaway

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

I absolutely LOVED staying here! My boyfriend & I came here for a mini-get-a-way trip and everything was wonderful. The staff was super nice and very helpful. Right when we walked into the lobby, we were absolutely blown away. It was incredible! The pool was super warm and the spa was nice and hot! The only thing I didn't like about it, was the continental breakfast. They only had cereal, bread, English muffins, oatmeal, fruit and muffins. You can get a better breakfast, but it's $6.95 a plate. Other than that, I loved this place!! :)

• Stayed August 2012
BBC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

First off the bat the lady at the counter could barley smile. Then they wanted a $20 + Tax per day resort fee on top "the great rate" from price line. Turned out to cost me twice as much as what I could have paid at my time share "The Sands" down the road with twice as many amenities.
Only one Elevator worked on one side of the building, and construction in the lobby.
The whole place had an odd odor but smell in the room was even worse. Granted the room was huge and could have had way more in it than it did. If felt awkwardly empty. I would expect that for a "three star" resort that there would at least be a refrigerator and or a microwave in the room. But like i said it was empty.
Old TV that gave a high pitch ring when on.
Balcony...HA! You could put a chair on it but you'd have to sit sideways because it was so small.
The "Deluxe Continental Breakfast" was a joke...stale bread...and crappy muffins, ya that's about it. Hard boiled eggs that could have been days old who knows. coffee and juice. So...what's deluxe about it?
Pool had a giant hair ball...YES, A HAIR BALL, in the pool for three days that no one took care of. Couldn't even find the pool towels that were supposed to be available.
Keys only worked on the rooms, not on the exterior doors that came from the pool back into the building.
The only good part about this place that I experienced was the workout room Multiple machines, treadmill, stair climbers, weight machine. Only three sets of dumb bells 25, 30, and a 5.
For a hotel to call themselves a resort...you'd think there'd be a higher standard to live up to. I've stayed at the Marriott Fairfield in of Anaheim hills every year for five years now. It's only rated 2.5 stars and they are way cleaner and up to date on everything. AND they have a Deluxe Breakfast that is actually Deluxe AND it's only a fraction of the price on price line AND there's no pseudo Resort fee.
This place was a waste of money to me.

Room Tip: You may get a free "Deluxe Continental Breakfast" but Go out to eat...You'll be happie...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stayed here with a Groupon. It was actually better than I expected after reading some of the reviews on Tripadvisor. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable, and the bed was good - not too hard or soft. The bathroom was clean and the shower was good. We arrived on a Saturday and checked out Monday. The pool was good on Saturday where we met some good folks and the bar was just a few steps away. On Sunday, the pool was pretty nasty and the bar was closed, so that was the worst part of our stay. I would stay there again.

Encinitas, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed one night on a last minute reservation, and were pleased with the value for the dollars spent. You could tell when you walked in that this place had a former splendor, and we were told that it was originally built and owned by Desi Arnaz Sr. Our room was very large and comfortable and at $49 plus $20 "resort fee" it was a bargain with breakfast included ! We would certainly stay here again, at least during the off-season. I have no idea what they charge in the winter, but $150 would be my upper limit...

Room Tip: Ask to not be put too far from the elevator as it can be a long walk if you get an end unit !
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Indian Wells Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!