“Relaxing” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This was a nice relaxing resort. The food was not the best, especially for the price, 23.50 for a buffet with very minimal choices, hot cereal, bagels, fruit..Would like to have seen a bar at the adult pool too.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Upland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This was my husband's and my 3rd time staying at Miramonte. Our goal was to have a relaxing 3-day weekend out in the desert, and Miramonte did not disappoint.

check in: Our check-in was excellent. Minimal wait time, and the woman who handled our check-in was lovely. We had a special rate and she made sure we understood everything that came with it. It was one of the best welcomes I've had at a hotel.

room: The rooms at Miramonte are tastefully decorated and extra large. Our room was impeccably clean, and the beds were super comfortable.

service: Everyone we encountered during our weekend was friendly and ready to help. Our room service order wasn't picked up on Friday night. When I called on Saturday to let them know, the immediate response was to take care of our order for us. That night, our light wasn't working in the cabana. An engineer came out, attempted to fix it, and then apologized that the bulb was broken and he was out of replacements. He and the server brought over another light I could use so I could read. : )

pool: The Miramonte grounds are gorgeous as is the pool area. We got a cabana for the first time and mainly enjoyed it at night. The roof of the cabana is like a dense mesh, so you still get a lot of sun. They are equipped with ceiling fans (and light). Keep that in mind when deciding how you want to relax by the pool. They do have a lot of umbrellas which might be more useful for sun protection.

food: We had dinner at The Grove restaurant, and it was great. I love the farm-to-table dining, and you have a great view of the grounds and the mountains. For breakfast, I had the multigrain blueberry pancakes. They were amazingly yummy, and the best part was they were generous with the syrup. Sometimes hotels give you these puny syrup containers - not Miramonte. : )

spa: We had massages at the spa and they were amazing. I think The Well Spa is one of my favorite places on the planet. 5-star service all around, beautiful facility, and a wonderful selection of services.

best for: families, couples, friends getaway

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stayed here with my husband and our kids. We had a GREAT time. The grounds are beautiful so are the rooms. My son (9 years old) insisted that I write a review and let everyone know how wonderful this hotel is.

• Stayed July 2014
Sunnyvale, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Quick summary:
* Resort fee of $28 per day (tacked on at end of stay, not part of the online booking price)
* Parking fee of $8 per day (again tacked on at the end of your stay)
* Old buildings, old amenities with minor strategic "modernized" updates

Detailed review:
My wife and I booked a stay at this "resort" over the 4th of July weekend as the pictures of the place looked pretty nice. (We don't mind the summer desert heat, and wanted to get away from overly cool weather at home anyway.)

The lobby was fairly impressive but once we actually started walking to our room did we see the old 70s-era stucco buildings, old carpeting in our room, etc. It was clear that Miramonte tricked people into thinking it was a modern resort by doing the following:
1) Update the lobby (first impressions), take pictures and upload to websites
2) Add marble countertops in otherwise outdated bathrooms, take pictures and upload to websites
3) Take some strategically placed pictures of other things outside
4) Possibly create shill fake reviews on sites like this? Because they certainly don't deserve 4 out of 5 on tripadvisor!

When we booked online we even paid extra to have a nicer room, and the layout was awkward at best. The desk pretty much faced a corner, a livingroom chair was too close to the TV to be useful, but couldn't really be moved anywhere else without being right in the middle of the room and in the way. There was no room for any kind of coffee table or side table next to the chair, so it pretty much was just a place to drape clothing and put a suitcase.

To be fair, I will say that the mattress did seem to be a good quality pillow-top, probably a step below the quality of mattress at the Venetian in Las Vegas. (If you haven't stayed at the Venetian-- their beds are incredibly comfortable... so much so that the wife and I ordered the exact same Venetian mattress for our own home, even though it cost nearly $2000.) Anyway, Miramonte's beds aren't quite at that level, but they were decent.

The adult swimming pool was a bit small and again, not modernized at all.

And to top it all off, Miramonte charges a $28 per day resort fee for this outdated "resort"! Additionally, they charge $8 per day for parking! These are additional fees tacked on at the end of your stay and *not* included in the package price. What a ripoff.

Miramonte: Lipstick on an old pig. And an overpriced pig at that.

Room Tip: Rooms in other resorts are almost certainly newer
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I was there for 5 nights with a group. The hotel is in great condition and the staff are very friendly. Many that I spoke to had problems with their door locks, I had mine torn apart and replaced as I could not get into my room.

I had some urgent business communications to attend to but I (and others) could not send even the most simple email despite a fairly strong wifi signal.

These things were only minor annoyances and the staff apologized profusely for the inconvenience.

The biggest concern was the hotel bar. A group of us would come together in the lobby bar after dinner but by 10 pm the staff were pushing us out and shutting down. I guess 10 pm is bedtime in Indian Wells.

The next time I book a beautiful hotel with friendly staff, I will ask if I am able to stay up till 11!

Room Tip: A common problem that I experienced was constant heavy footsteps in the room above me. If this anno...
Green Features: Did not see any practices that were particularly Eco friendly
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Just spent a fantastic weekend at this resort. We were in room 911 which was the perfect location because literally, the pool and the spa were right outside of our patio. This was a girls' spa weekend, and we went during the off-season. Despite that, the spa itself was quite busy. The accommodations were great and plenty spacious for three women. The service at the restaurant and the spa was impeccable. And let me highly recommend the Map of the Body massage...omg, that was the most blissful experience that I have ever experienced. The only reason I did not give full marks is because for two nights, I awoke to go to the bathroom and I found a couple of bugs (I think silverfish? ) Anyway, stepping on those by accident in the middle of the night barefoot was not the most pleasant. The other reason I did not give full marks is because the entire time there they had issues taking visa debit cards. Not the biggest deal, but horribly inconvenient when you plan your vacation by using a different payment method. Luckily it worked out, but it would have been great if they had let guests know ahead of time since this issue had been going on for several days. Otherwise, it is a great resort and worth going to again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
San Juan Capistrano, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I love this place! The resort is beautiful and the staff are welcoming and helpful. It started with Tom who took my reservation by phone to the staff at check in, and everyone we encountered throughout the resort. We checked in at 11:00 am and our room was ready. The room is spacious, the beds are super comfy and I love the two separate vanity areas with sinks. The pool is my favorite!!! There is always a fun mix of people from singles to couples and families. This is a great place to relax. It is my favorite place in the desert!

Room Tip: I love the 500 building
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Miramonte Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!