“it's the little details that is missing” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$50 Resort Credit
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Indian Wells
Fresno, California
“it's the little details that is missing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

stayed here for valentines weekend 2014 and it was quite disappointing. i had heard and seen this place and it seemed to be really nice. it just didn't go very well with our particular weekend. the grounds and pool area are excellent and beautiful, but the rooms are aged and need upgrading. the first night, the plumbing in the bathroom made banging noises so loud it made sleeping impossible. the desk clerk, beth did a good job explaining that finding an engineer in the middle of the night would be difficult. she offered to move us. after two more episodes of the banging noise (it stopped when you flushed the toilet) we told her we needed to move immediately. at 4:30 am we moved and basically had 2 hours of sleep the first night we got there. they offered to not charge use for the first night and after meeting the the resort manager he offered a discount from the next two nights charge and reverse the resort fee for the next two days. that was appreciated but our new room, the closet door was off the rails and the safe was open in the locked position. i called the front desk and they said they would fix it immediately. the next morning i had a message on my phone and the manager (cornelia) said that the engineer went into our room to fix the safe but it was locked and they didn't want to open it lest we had valuables locked in it. i informed cornelia that the sale was open in the locked position and it was impossible to close the safe so the engineer must have gone to another room or never really bothered to see the problem. regardless, i told her don't worry about it and left it at that. we went about our day and returned to our room at 3 pm saturday only to see our room had not been made up. i called housekeeping and they said that daily maid service could be done as late a 5 pm. that seems awfully late for maid service. i asked that they make up the room immediately. that took about an hour to finally get the room made it. i would seem to me that 5 pm maid service is a little late, but that is their policy i guess. lastly, the first night we got there, my wife took a shower and she showed me the towel they had available for use. picture below. this is for real. the maid actually put this towel in the room for guest use. it just seemed that a lot of little things were bad and when added up together, i would rate this resort average at best and i will almost certainly not return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

654 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Alhambra, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

My boyfriend and I enjoyed spending the day in the Spa...I has an excellent massage by Christen. She was amazing...she helped treat a lot of the tension I had and went out of her way to customize my treatment. She didn't just stick to the regular 60 mins...and a week later, I'm still feeling great. I had to write a review just because of her. The grounds for this hotel are really nice. We did not stay in the hotel because we actually had a Groupon for another hotel that claimed they were a Spa but totally do not compare to this place. The next time we visit the Desert we will def be staying at the Miramonte.

Room Tip: Look online (expedia) for daily room rate specials...the day of booking is a lot cheaper. Might make...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a small business meeting. The property has beautiful scenery, is compact and the rooms are comfortable. I really liked the villa-style layout versus a traditional hotel building. I would recommend this hotel for a golf trip (Indian Wells Golf Club is immediately across the street) or for a weekend getaway. I would not bring my family to this hotel since the pool is small and there would not be a lot for kids.

The toiletry situation is interesting. This property has large pump bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body wash affixed to the shower wall. They position this to guests as "environmentally friendly" - for an upscale hotel, it felt off to me.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

The most beautiful setting for a hotel! The backdrop of the mountains, the cottage like buildings of rooms, the Spa and the pools - make it easy to relax at this hotel. The restaurant on site is also pretty good. We went there for breakfast and dinner. Will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The hotel is beautiful. Much smaller than most hotels in the area, so you can actually walk back and forth from your room to the pool and restaurant without a hike. The smaller size also gives you a feeling of personalization.

One incident was remarkable and incredible. One night, our child had a stomach bug. The child is also a vegetarian and lactose intolerant. We had no idea what she could eat. We called down to the restaurant, and the restaurant manager understood the problem, and went to talk to the chef. The chef actually made a vegetable broth from scratch for us. He also made white rice, and offered to make whatever else she wanted in order to feel better. We couldn't believe that a hotel chef would have the experience to whip up dishes from scratch, and be so accomodating.

I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Laura Hunt L, Manager at Miramonte Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for sharing your kind words about your experience here at Miramonte. We value our guests and work very hard to make each one feel at home. Our culinary team is exceptional and I am happy that our Chef was able to make a special dish for your child to feel better. I will share your feedback with him.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I was ROBBED at the Miramonte Resort in Spa on December, 30th 2013. Someone got inside my Hotel room and stole my purse.
I was at the room 503, building 5. My husband and I were having dinner at the restaurant at that resort and when we came back to the room, my purse was GONE!
There are no cameras on the parking lot, no cameras outside of the rooms on the ground floor, no security person at all .
Then, I found down later reading the reviews on TripAdvisor that I wasn't the first person to be robbed at that resort!
i WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THE MIRAMONTE RESORT AND SPA TO ANYONE!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Laura Hunt L, General Manager at Miramonte Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
The goal at Miramonte is to provide all of our guests with a safe experience that is authentic and inspiring. I am saddened that we fell short of our goal in your case. Rest assured that this incidence was isolated, and we have taken additional steps to ensure that all of the guests at our resort enjoy a relaxing visit.

Stan Kantowski, General Manager
(posted by Laura Hunt L on behalf of General Manager, Stan Kantowski)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We only spent a night at this very nice hotel & wished we had been able to spend a few more nights there. As soon as we arrived and as we approached the lobby desk we had 3 smiling clerks greet us. They interacted with us in a friendly manner & made us feel relaxed.
We had a room in the Padua building, very spacious and comfortable.
The large pool was very inviting with a feel of a European hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Miramonte Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!