“Incredible service.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
Chicago, IL
“Incredible service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The hotel is beautiful. Much smaller than most hotels in the area, so you can actually walk back and forth from your room to the pool and restaurant without a hike. The smaller size also gives you a feeling of personalization.

One incident was remarkable and incredible. One night, our child had a stomach bug. The child is also a vegetarian and lactose intolerant. We had no idea what she could eat. We called down to the restaurant, and the restaurant manager understood the problem, and went to talk to the chef. The chef actually made a vegetable broth from scratch for us. He also made white rice, and offered to make whatever else she wanted in order to feel better. We couldn't believe that a hotel chef would have the experience to whip up dishes from scratch, and be so accomodating.

I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Laura Hunt L, Manager at Miramonte Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for sharing your kind words about your experience here at Miramonte. We value our guests and work very hard to make each one feel at home. Our culinary team is exceptional and I am happy that our Chef was able to make a special dish for your child to feel better. I will share your feedback with him.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I was ROBBED at the Miramonte Resort in Spa on December, 30th 2013. Someone got inside my Hotel room and stole my purse.
I was at the room 503, building 5. My husband and I were having dinner at the restaurant at that resort and when we came back to the room, my purse was GONE!
There are no cameras on the parking lot, no cameras outside of the rooms on the ground floor, no security person at all .
Then, I found down later reading the reviews on TripAdvisor that I wasn't the first person to be robbed at that resort!
i WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THE MIRAMONTE RESORT AND SPA TO ANYONE!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Laura Hunt L, General Manager at Miramonte Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
The goal at Miramonte is to provide all of our guests with a safe experience that is authentic and inspiring. I am saddened that we fell short of our goal in your case. Rest assured that this incidence was isolated, and we have taken additional steps to ensure that all of the guests at our resort enjoy a relaxing visit.

Stan Kantowski, General Manager
(posted by Laura Hunt L on behalf of General Manager, Stan Kantowski)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We only spent a night at this very nice hotel & wished we had been able to spend a few more nights there. As soon as we arrived and as we approached the lobby desk we had 3 smiling clerks greet us. They interacted with us in a friendly manner & made us feel relaxed.
We had a room in the Padua building, very spacious and comfortable.
The large pool was very inviting with a feel of a European hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We arrived to the hotel a bit early and were pleased that they were able to check us in to our room promptly so kudos to the efficient front desk. Our room was very spacious and nicely appointed: 2 flat screen TVs, nice robes, small fridge (so bring your own wine!). Nice patio to lounge on overlooking one of the many gardens. We also had a large living room to relax in as well. Our suite was in the Bellagio Bldg. which is conveniently located directly across from the adult pool. The bathroom was small but had everything you needed and was upgraded nicely. So, no complaints whatsoever about the room. Moving on to the Spa... let's just say that it is "petite". The staff are very pleasant and helpful and our treatments (the Tranquil body treatment was quite special) were very good but we were expecting more amenities; larger locker rooms, separate whirlpools & quiet rooms for women and men, etc. The quiet area is anything but as it is sandwiched between the women's area and the doors leading to the outside. We only ate one breakfast here and sadly my meal had a hair in it! Well, we all know that these things happen and the waitress and management handled it beautifully by comping our meal. There are so many fantastic restaurants now in the desert so I recommend that you venture out to El Paseo (for example) and you will find many fine dining choices.
Overall, I would recommend the Miramonte to people who are looking for a smaller more European style hotel during their desert stay.

Room Tip: Request a room in the Bellagio Bldg. The Dolce Suite is located across from the more quiet adult poo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hotel has beautiful grounds and the landscaping is very well maintained. The roses and fruit trees you encounter as you walk through the hotel are a pleasant surprise. The food is very good and the staff very attentive. There are two pools. The larger family pool is quite lovely, however the small adult pool is rather uninspiring and quite old. The rooms too leave a bit to be desired. They are a good size, however low ceilings, bad bathrooms and a luke warm shower does not help the cause. Our room was on the ground floor and the neighbor above us could be heard walking about. We did call the front desk to see if this was a common occurrence and they basically implied that it was, although they did offer to move us. No bathrobes, no real extras to be found in the room and a resort fee and parking fee for an un-attended lot is rather overkill, but ok. I guess most hotels charge these fees. You can park close to your room though so that is an added plus. I will say that it was nice to be in a smaller property where you did not have to walk forever to get to the lobby, pool or restaurant. It is fairly good value for the money, however I don't think this hotel will be my first choice until they make a few updates.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Arrived on a Monday for a 2 day conference. From check-in to check-out, the service was very good, the facilities nice and the room very comfortable. Was scared after hearing some reports of smelling like mold, but I did not experience this.

Check-in was easy, the bellman and valet were very easy going enough to joke with, but professional and courteous. A short drive to park near your room is really the only time consuming part of check in. There was Valet available, but wanted to have immediate access. Room was on the lower level of building 20. Upon entrance, it reminded me of a older hotel with some nice upgrades. Here is the thing with older hotel rooms, they are huge!

The bed was large and comfortable, the TV was on a large sideboard, entertainment unit which housed the Mini bar and drawers for clothes. There was also a desk to work at with charging station which was very useful. I arrived at night, so I had to shut the wall of window with sliding glass door to a semi private patio with chairs and table that was surrounded by lush greenery. In the morning, It was very surprising to see the amount of light glowing into the room. It made it warm and comfortable.

There is a sink outside of the bathroom with mirror if you just needed to refreshen. The Bathroom was the only part of the place that showed age,. Some of the tile work and retrofitted counters are not done with alot of attention to detail, so it looks dirty or awkward. The bathtub is older as well and although is clean, looks dirty because of the tile/grout and refinished tiles. I really liked the water pressure in the shower and the size of the Bathroom made it easy to get ready and leave it all.

The resort itself was incredible. The service was very good in the bar, which I visited 2xs. I also ate breakfast at the restaurant, but it seemed a little pricey. It was good and the service excellent. The best thing about the area, you can hop in your car and drive to any major chain restaurant, or local eatery in a 5 minute drive. Took advantage of that and visited the In-and-out a couple of times!

No spa, but everyone I met was raving about it. Good reason to come back!

Room Tip: Get an upper level room, you can hear all the activity above you in a lower level room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I made my first trip to Indian Wells/Palm Springs in early November, and I will definitely be back. The purpose of the trip was for business with a bit of pleasure mixed in. This was the perfect location. The scenic setting was amazing. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating either. The quality and price of the food was even better than expected. I truly thought the food and drink cost would have been much higher. What a great surprise. I didn't have an opportunity to visit the spa, though some of my travel partners did and had very complimentary things to say. Our room, though we didn't have much of a view, was well worth the rate. If you are planning a trip to the area I would highly recommend this resort. It's proximity to golf and other leisure activities is also great.

NOTE: Some of the restaurants in the area were still closed for low season, but many were beginning to open up. It wasn't an issue for us, but it is something other travelers should consider when arriving in November.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. We didn't and had a large tree obscuring the view we did have.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Laura Hunt L, Manager at Miramonte Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you, Julie, for sharing your experience. We love to share this beautiful place with our guests. I am glad to hear of your positive restaurant experience with us and will share your feedback with our staff. Although our valley is seasonal, we have many wonderful year-round establishments...and our well-versed Concierge is always happy to direct a guest to find the perfect restaurant. Please feel free to use that resource the next time you visit...which we hope will be soon! Thank you, again.

Been to Miramonte Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!