“The Good, The Bad and The Ugly” 4 of 5 stars

Receive 20% Off!
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Indian Wells
GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, California
“The Good, The Bad and The Ugly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hotel has beautiful grounds and the landscaping is very well maintained. The roses and fruit trees you encounter as you walk through the hotel are a pleasant surprise. The food is very good and the staff very attentive. There are two pools. The larger family pool is quite lovely, however the small adult pool is rather uninspiring and quite old. The rooms too leave a bit to be desired. They are a good size, however low ceilings, bad bathrooms and a luke warm shower does not help the cause. Our room was on the ground floor and the neighbor above us could be heard walking about. We did call the front desk to see if this was a common occurrence and they basically implied that it was, although they did offer to move us. No bathrobes, no real extras to be found in the room and a resort fee and parking fee for an un-attended lot is rather overkill, but ok. I guess most hotels charge these fees. You can park close to your room though so that is an added plus. I will say that it was nice to be in a smaller property where you did not have to walk forever to get to the lobby, pool or restaurant. It is fairly good value for the money, however I don't think this hotel will be my first choice until they make a few updates.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

680 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Arrived on a Monday for a 2 day conference. From check-in to check-out, the service was very good, the facilities nice and the room very comfortable. Was scared after hearing some reports of smelling like mold, but I did not experience this.

Check-in was easy, the bellman and valet were very easy going enough to joke with, but professional and courteous. A short drive to park near your room is really the only time consuming part of check in. There was Valet available, but wanted to have immediate access. Room was on the lower level of building 20. Upon entrance, it reminded me of a older hotel with some nice upgrades. Here is the thing with older hotel rooms, they are huge!

The bed was large and comfortable, the TV was on a large sideboard, entertainment unit which housed the Mini bar and drawers for clothes. There was also a desk to work at with charging station which was very useful. I arrived at night, so I had to shut the wall of window with sliding glass door to a semi private patio with chairs and table that was surrounded by lush greenery. In the morning, It was very surprising to see the amount of light glowing into the room. It made it warm and comfortable.

There is a sink outside of the bathroom with mirror if you just needed to refreshen. The Bathroom was the only part of the place that showed age,. Some of the tile work and retrofitted counters are not done with alot of attention to detail, so it looks dirty or awkward. The bathtub is older as well and although is clean, looks dirty because of the tile/grout and refinished tiles. I really liked the water pressure in the shower and the size of the Bathroom made it easy to get ready and leave it all.

The resort itself was incredible. The service was very good in the bar, which I visited 2xs. I also ate breakfast at the restaurant, but it seemed a little pricey. It was good and the service excellent. The best thing about the area, you can hop in your car and drive to any major chain restaurant, or local eatery in a 5 minute drive. Took advantage of that and visited the In-and-out a couple of times!

No spa, but everyone I met was raving about it. Good reason to come back!

Room Tip: Get an upper level room, you can hear all the activity above you in a lower level room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I made my first trip to Indian Wells/Palm Springs in early November, and I will definitely be back. The purpose of the trip was for business with a bit of pleasure mixed in. This was the perfect location. The scenic setting was amazing. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating either. The quality and price of the food was even better than expected. I truly thought the food and drink cost would have been much higher. What a great surprise. I didn't have an opportunity to visit the spa, though some of my travel partners did and had very complimentary things to say. Our room, though we didn't have much of a view, was well worth the rate. If you are planning a trip to the area I would highly recommend this resort. It's proximity to golf and other leisure activities is also great.

NOTE: Some of the restaurants in the area were still closed for low season, but many were beginning to open up. It wasn't an issue for us, but it is something other travelers should consider when arriving in November.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. We didn't and had a large tree obscuring the view we did have.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Laura Hunt L, Manager at Miramonte Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you, Julie, for sharing your experience. We love to share this beautiful place with our guests. I am glad to hear of your positive restaurant experience with us and will share your feedback with our staff. Although our valley is seasonal, we have many wonderful year-round establishments...and our well-versed Concierge is always happy to direct a guest to find the perfect restaurant. Please feel free to use that resource the next time you visit...which we hope will be soon! Thank you, again.
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I absolutely enjoyed this place. It is as described Beautiful and Relaxing with an amazing Spa and all the comfort and good service imaginable. From the property to the excellent service and beautiful scenery, to the food and comfort. The hotel has daily resort and parking fees so be prepared and open minded, the most beautiful places on earth do cost a bit more ;)....

Room Tip: Rooms in the South side are quieter, corner suites are larger if you bring family and if in the seco...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Palm Desert, California USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Just completed my stay at the Miramonte in Indian Wells and have some mixed reviews about the Property. I know this place well as my residence was just 5 minutes away for 15 years. I have previously stayed at the Hyatt in Indian Wells and it was much more of pleasure.

I did have the same experience as previous guest regarding the moldy smell and really old design of the room I was occupying. This is an old structure (Was the Erawan back in the 70's) that was remodeled by another hotel operator.

Yes I agree, the grounds, swimming Pool and common area's are really wonderful and commend the 5* rating. However, the rooms are a different story! Old low ceilings, old and moldy smell ( I went and purchased a can of Air Freshner to make the room smell better. It was very cold and the heater, besides being incredible noisy could not keep up with the cold air and ran all night and day.

After my three nights I moved over to the Westin Desert Willows Villas where I am currently. Wonderful One-Bedroom modern units with all the amenities for much less money! One other thing I don't agree with the 5 star properties in Indian Wells are the RESORT FEES. How can you charge $28 per day for using the pool etc. if you are already paying for the hotel?? Also they charge a $7 a night self-parking fee!! Amazing they can get away with that!!

Dr. K

Room Tip: Inspect your room before unpacking and make sure that there is no smell and everything is in working...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I absolutely LOVE this hotel! Before moving here, this was my go to place to stay! Always clean, the staff, friendly, the rooms beautiful, as are the grounds! I especially LOVE the spa! Amazing treatments! Definitely the best in the Coachella Valley! Now that I'm local, I still come all the time for the spa, and always put my friends and family up here when visiting!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you, Lisa, for your review! We are particularly honored to have your loyalty because as a local, you know how many resorts and spas are available. We strive to provide great opportunities and experiences for our neighbors here in the Coachella Valley and we look forward to seeing you again, soon!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We have going to the miramonte almost every months for now four years , we are always welcomed by the staff that knows us by firt name. It is like coming home. Place is spotless, rooms are always in perfect condition. Linens are very high quality. I cans find a one thing that is wrong with Miramonte. Food and bar services are consistently perfect. It should be a 5 Star resort.

Truly amazing place.

Boris

Room Tip: The dolce suite are the way to go. All newly remodeled.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Miramonte Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!