Got a great deal to stay at the luxury Piedmont suite of this lovely hotel during my birthday weekend.
It certainly is a nice hotel with wonderful customer service. The entire staff were delightful to deal with. From the hotel manager Cornelia, Patty to Sheila who gives a wonderful massage, its service with a smile and everyone is attentive to your needs and requests.
We loved our room which is nicely furnished, spacious and clean (with the exception of the beer bottle in the patio -- ** housekeeping needs to be a tad more diligent in cleaning out after each guest).
My only criticism? Upon arrival at the hotel, we were met by an intoxicated gentleman who was giving a statement to the police. He immediately told us (much to the annoyance of the officer) that he and his wife had been robbed while at the pool (wedding rings etc all taken). He stated they were at the pool ordering drinks which they charged to their room and lo and behold, when they returned to their room they discovered the theft. He was certainly very agitated. Who can blame him? It was disturbing hearing that as we were checking in. I questioned the desk clerk about it and she seemed rather dismissive of it which set me on edge throughout our stay and of course heightened my sense of security. Furthermore, while visiting the spa for my massage, I was given a tour and shown the locker rooms where I noticed there are no keys but codes to access the lockers. You are given a pass code. Mine, she said was C129. She punched it in demonstrating to me how to close and open the locker, all within earshot of other guests in the locker room -- literally announcing the password to where I am supposed to place my purse to all and sundry. Naturally, my purse remained with me during my massage!
This hotel needs to be more attentive in the area of security. Great customer service is one thing, but when traveling and staying at a hotel, I don't think its too much to expect peace of mind and security. You are travelling with electronics, money credit card and valuables. The gentleman's theft was one thing but the locker room incident clearly displaced their lack of diligence when it comes to security so pls beware when booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Indian Wells, 15 miles from Palm Springs, the AAA Four Diamond 215 room Miramonte Resort & Spa features a world-class day spa with nearby championship golf courses. Parking fee. Resort fee includes in-room internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Orbitz so you can book your Miramonte Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miramonte Resort And Spa
- Miramonte Hotel Indian Wells
- Miramonte Resort Indian Wells