“Excellent Hotel Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
Long Beach, California
“Excellent Hotel Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this resort a few weeks ago for a mini-Honeymoon. Temperature was 118 Degrees when we got there--hot honeymoon. I had requested a room with some privacy, and they came through--room was quiet (although Mr. Pacer was heard in the room above us the next morning), and it was right next to the adult pool--great location. The pool hit the spot with the 118 degree heat, and getting a spot in the shade was mandatory. We had the pool all to ourselves for the majority of the time we were there--awesome. When we got back to the room, management sent over a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries--nice touch. For dinner, we ate in their restaurant. We had crab cakes for the appetizer which were excellent. Entree was the halibut special, which was good but not great. The next morning, we had breakfast there also--I had the ham and cheese omellette, which was decent but not outstanding. We did not use the spa.
Front desk service was excellent. My wife was impressed with the place and wants to come back for our anniversary.

Room Tip: For a romantic getaway, building 12 and the adult pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Foothill Ranch, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We love this place! We just stayed Saturday and Sunday night there and had a great time. We had forgotten how peaceful and relaxing the atmosphere is there. This is not a "box" hotel. The property is laid out like a large italian villa with separate buildings with meandering sidewalks, large shade trees, nice seating areas (some with large relaxing hammocks). They spa is wonderful and pool is nice and cool, even when the temp is 113 outside. We had breakfast there on Monday. My favorite item was the 7-grain pecan pancakes...wow. And the coffee was really good too. Staff everywhere was very friendly and accomodating (as you would expect). They have a regular concierge, or for those into golf a separate golf-concierge. We will definitely be back soon...like in August. The pool was large enough that kids seemed to have a good time there, but we (a couple) did as well. I heard there is even an adults-only pool, but we didn't go there so can't speak to that.

Room Tip: We like the separate villa-type buildings that have 8 rooms in each, rather than the large buildings...
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Like many hotels the rooms are spacious, well appointed, and very comfortable. Unlike most hotels your room is surrounded by beautiful gardens, grassy areas, and hammocks hanging from the Palm trees. There are no dark hallways here. To get to our room we walked down a curvy path lined by Boxelder hedges. The Italian themed buildings add to the feeling of being in the countryside not in a city. The staff was friendly and sincere. Evan the gardener who directed me to the ice machine did so with a smile and a very pleasant attitude. People my age will appreciate that there are two pools, one for families and one just for adults. I highly recommend the Miramonte Resort and Spa.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located in Indian Wells. We always stay in Palm Springs, but I have to say I like Indian Wells way better.
This hotel is a great place to stay. The rooms are large, very up to date and clean. They have
two pools, one adult and the other for families. They also have a very nice spa, as well as a great gym.
The on site restaurant is oh so good. Great food and great prices. If you order their 3 course meals it's even better!

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Complete package.. Dream getaway!! Fun for all ages there's an adult pool (needs updating and tlc) and beautiful larger community pool. Inside hotel looks like a dream in the dessert. Great friendly staff and easy grounds to roam.

• Stayed June 2013
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I booked this spur-of-the-moment and in a hurry. I didn't read reviews ahead of time so I was surprised at the front desk with the $28 resort fee. It's cool but it was a surprise. They charge $8 to park overnight which is reasonable and they only do this for the room. I had a local friend staying with me so I was worried she'd have to pay to park as well but no. They really don't monitor that and there was plenty of parking so I paid the fee but parked closer to my room rather than in overnight parking and nothing happened.

The room was great and I almost stayed an extra night. The bed was VERY comfortable - so much so that I wanted to take the bed apart and find out what kind it was but i forgot. I stayed n the Piedmont part of the hotel and my room setup worked perfectly because they had plenty of mirrors. The closet had a mirror, there was a big mirror in the bedroom and they had a separate sink and mirror from the bathroom (which also had a mirror). This works well if you have multiple girls getting ready at once.

I spent two full days at the pool. The first day the waitress seemed cool but I noticed cups everywhere and wasn't sure if they had separate people for that or if she was just not doing her job. I had also ordered food and the waitress didn't bring silverware (granted I ordered a hot dog) and my dish sat around for a good 60-90 min. On the second day the waitress, Melissa, was much better. She'd bring water from inside without asking, she made suggestions on drinks, and she picked up cups and my empty dish in a reasonable amount of time. The small adult pool's water was way warmer than the larger, family pool which was weird b/c they had the same amount of sun/shading.

I did really like the place and would definitely stay again. Reception was VERY professional and the property is well maintained. They should just have waitstaff pick up more around the pool though.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Laura Hunt L, Public Relations Manager at Miramonte Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience overall. We also appreciate your comments about where we fell short. I have brought it to the attention of our management. It helps us to improve our service so that all of our guests have a relaxing experience. Speaking of relaxing...you mentioned how comfortable your mattress was and wanted to know the brand. We renovated just last year and upgraded our mattresses to the "Sealy Desert Dream". We look forward to welcoming you back to Miramonte the next time you visit Indian Wells.
Santa Monica, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed there over the 4th and had the worst experience at the "resort" itself.
I would never call this place a resort but rather a run down hotel with identity crisis. Be careful as they will charge you a $28 "resort" fee but I'm confused because there were no resort amenities at all. They didn't have my reservation when I checked in and they tried to charge me for an extra night when I checked out this morning. I just called back to make sure my bill was correct and there was another outstanding charge on my card that was not mine. The best thing about this place was the food but even that isn't worth ever going back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Miramonte Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!