“Romantic & Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
DRKOKO
“Romantic & Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stayed at the hotel April 4th and 5th. We had a very amazing time. It was my birthday and my husband decided to surprise me with a romantic getaway, without the kids so I could enjoy some sunshine and loving.

We stayed in the 800 building and our room faced the herb garden. Upon arrival we were greeted by Miranda. I had requested a downstairs room but she mentioned that perhaps we might enjoy a 2nd story room with a better view and slightly nicer room. I appreciated her help and thought was so sweet since I actually requested the first floor. We were then walked out to the car by the manager, Cornelia opened and closed my car door for me, later that night my husband and I got back from dinner and Cornelia had delivered a hand written birthday card to our room, again beyond what is expected and required.

Our room was clean and the beds were soft but very comfortable. I have to agree with some of the reviews I read regarding the pillows being small. Which brings me to the next reason I am writing this review. My husband checked trip advisor ratings and booked the hotel, however on my way up I was beginning to read some of the reviews and started to get scared.

With that said, our room was clean, our bathroom was nice, yes there was a shower curtain but it was clean. The hotel is remodeling and updating later this year, so I am sure that the bathrooms will be much more impressive. The grounds were breathtaking. Little bunny rabbits hopping around, birds singing and amazing hammocks throughout the property, perfect for napping and cuddling. We were greeted at the pool and asked if we wanted any drinks or food and if we needed anything. We did and ordered lunch and drinks. The pools were great and there are 24 hour saunas available too! We stayed at the adult pool and enjoyed the peace and quiet.

I didn't eat at the restaurant so I can't review it, but we did order breakfast in bed. We woke up at 9:30(sleeping in for us) and the property was quiet and calm. The prices were reasonable. We had coffee, cutest pot I have ever had during room service. My husband ordered the corn beef hash and I got the steak and eggs. Oh my goodness, was it delicious! The eggs were cooked perfectly as well as my steak and my husband was thrilled with the large serving sizes. To wrap it up, we loved the property, the service and will be back again to try out the spa.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
MiramonteManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Miramonte Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share all of the nice comments about your recent stay with us. We are so glad you got to experience the Miramonte Resort & Spa in sunny Indian Wells, CA. We certainly appreciate your patronage and look forward to having you and your husband back with us in the near future. Thank you again from all of us here at the Miramonte Resort & Spa.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

A few girlfriends and I planned a mommy weekend getaway. The grounds were lovely, however for a world class resort; the staff could handle themselves in a better and friendlier manner. We were content with our Friday and Saturday stay, but Sunday was a complete disaster.

We arrived Friday and decided to lay out by the main pool; the adult pool was closed for a private party. On Sunday, the main pool was closed at noon for an extravagant, private party. At 9:00am, vendors were already shuffling around with enormous props for an Indian themed party. I feel it is unfair that Miramonte rents out their pool for private functions and closes it off to paying guests.

Sunday breakfast was a disappointment. It was impossible to get anyone to our table. The restaurant staff was not friendly and didn’t even crack a smile. We had to ask four servers and a manager to get our order placed. It took another 10-15 minutes to bring our coffee. A party of eight had sat down after us were already enjoying our breakfast. We were about to cancel breakfast, when it finally came out. I had five minutes to scarf down my corn beef hash. It was not the best choice to have indigestion right before a $200 spa treatment; however I did not want my stomach rumbling. The restaurant manager did come again to our dining table to apologize and offer us lunch at the spa.

After our spa treatment, we ordered lunch at the spa (compliments of Jesse the manager for our bad breakfast experience). We ordered four sodas, one drink, two appetizers, a salad and five entrees. The server brought out our appetizers with our lunch and said that’s the way they do it here. It would have been nice to enjoy our appetizers beforehand.

I also didn’t expect to nickel and dimed. We were charged for the soda’s ($4 each), appetizers and a salad, plus a 20% tip. Our so called complimentary lunch came out over $90.

Some of us headed back to our rooms to pack up. In our third room, there was a balloon with a male part drawn on it. My girlfriend was terrified because she thought someone was hiding inside the room. None of us had placed this balloon inside.

We had a “no privacy sign” hung on the door. Someone working here had access to entered our room. We are a reserved group of mom’s and don’t know why anyone would do this. The rooms are not secure and I wouldn’t feel safe staying here alone.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. We take our guest safety and security with the highest sense of urgency and is our absolute number one priority. I was made aware of the balloon in the guest room as soon as it was brought to the attention of the manager on duty that Sunday morning. We immediately conducted a lock interrogation of the guest lock and did not show key entry from any of the resort staff. I personally spoke to the guest in the room to explain and apologize that my findings were inconclusive. I certainly express regret for your experience in our restaurant and I have addressed your concerns with our Food & Beverage Manager. If you would please reach out the resort and speak to the Manager on Duty we would like to finalize your lunch charges at the spa. Again, I apologize and would appreciate the opportunity to have you back with us in the near future.
Manhattan Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

First of all, I'd like to say that the grounds to the resort are well kept and pleasant to the eye.

We came here on a mom's weekend away from the kids and husbands. We were looking for relaxation and memorable experience. We are a conservative group and not your typical wild group.

When we arrived we were pleased to be allowed to check-in because normally it is a 4pm and we arrived a little before 4 p.m. We placed our bags in our room and made our way to the pool for a bit of relaxation and an adult beverage. The service was well at pool side; we can't complain except having someone with a bit of knowledge of drinks and how to suggest something would be good for those of us looking for something new.

We checked in on a friday and made our way to dinner in the area. Good choice for us because as i will explain to you the service at the hotel restaurant does not meet the awards they have received by alledgly hotel experts.

The hotel staff around the resort had to be pushed to greet you. I always try to make contact and show appreciation for there servitude during our stay, but this crowd did not have a good demeanor. I ran into a housekeeping lady a few times and she never greeted us. She seemed to be judging us which i can't quite understand why.

OUr last day at the resort we had reservations at the spa The Well. We all decided to meet for breakfast at the hotel restaurant. (Big MISTAKE). We arrived without a problem except for some trash in front of a villa which tells us they had a wild night, but hotel staff didnt mind the trash. Anyhow, we were seated and 20 min later no server ..no water and most importantly coffee! I along with another of our guest tried to get service and they said they would be sending someone over. The restaurant was not hectic when we arrived, so trying to be sympathetic was not in the cards. The last attempt i tried making i noticed a large group seated and already with their food/drinks which we did not understand since they came way after our party of five. IN any event, we ended calling the restaurant manager and by this time some of us had to go to our spa treatments. this was about 30 min later! He apologized and had coffee over, but it was too late for some of our group. He apologized and told us that we are more than welcome to order lunch at the spa and to mention his name, Jesse. So, we took his offer.

The Well...Not so "well". After our spa treatments we waited for service in the pool area and we were not speaking louder than the spa employees coming in/out telling guest of the amenities AND we got scolded to keep voices down. Really, they were speaking at a higher pitch than us. So we obliged and placed our order for lunch. The salad i ordered was yellow romaine which for a 4 star hotel i wouldn't expect. The portobello sandwich was great as well as our appetizer which was bruschetta. The problem came with our server when she came in with an attitude then she proceeded by selecting which items to remove from our bill after we explained to her that Jesse was covering lunch. We understood everything wouldn't get comp'd just lunch and she took off the cheapest things off rather than our real meals. She had a bad attitude and unfortunately there wasnt' anything we can do. They tack on 20% service fee for her coming with an attitude.
While this was occuring one of our friend's went back to the room to pack up and when she arrived in her room there was a lewd balloon in her room. The hotel manager apologized and stated that they would never let anyone into a room with the guest permission. Frankly, this is a lack of security. My poor girlfriend was scared and looked around the room to ensure there wasn't anyone in the room with her. Luckily, she was ok. Weeks later and she hasn't received a call with an explaination.

Basically, if you aren't too worried about someone coming into your room, not being greeted and being forgotten at a restaurant in a hotel ..i would recommend you come here. Otherwise, keep doing research and let me know where we should stay next time.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

The grounds and pools are great. A quiet one for adult time, and a big one for mingling. We had a great time enjoying the property. The mix of people at the resort was great. The rooms are nondescript, but spacious and comfortable. We ordered an upgraded room and didn't get it. We disputed the charges and they were promptly removed. The management is clearly conscientious, as is the staff.

• Stayed October 2011
San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I love this place. I usually stay here or the Westin Mission and I think this place is superior. The grounds are beautiful, the spa is great and I was very happy with the rooms. I have never experienced a noise problem like others. They dont include a fridge, but will bring one if you ask. Depending on the season the pools are crowded, but I have always got a chair. The resort is on the smaller side so there isn't a spread out feel like others, but definitely bigger than a "hotel". I love the vibe of this place and almost feel like I am in another country. Last thing: I love the hammocks placed all around.

Room Tip: Bottom floor is a must because your sliding glass door opens to their grassed areas with two chairs...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
northridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Great resort with lots to do at resort and nearby. Cold weekend we were there but the spa was nice and just outside room and very private. Good restaurants close by and a visit to the "rodeo drive of the desert" was interesting. Nice gym interesting gift shop Found the parking fee a bit annoying but otherwise a nice stay - didn't use restaurant but other guest gave good report.

Room Tip: Get a room in one of the small 4 plexes away from main building- very quiet and close to parking...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
MiramonteManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Miramonte Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
We very much appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with regards to your most recent stay with us in lovely, Indian Wells, Ca. We apologize for not having our usual sunny skies, but it was nice to hear you got to explore the number of shops and restaurants in close proximately to the Miramonte Resort & Spa. We look forward to your return visit.
los angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

terrrible room & very poor customer service to remedy the problem. very pricey this time of year & definitely not worth it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
I certainly apologize that you did not enjoy your accommodations. Our resort will be completing a guest room renovation that will take place this summer. So we hope to have you back with us to experience our “new” rooms. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments as we take our guests feedback very seriously.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Wells
Indian Wells Resort Hotel
#4 of 4 in Indian Wells
3.5 of 5 stars 495 reviews
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Miramonte Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!