“LOVE THIS PLACE! WILL DEFINITELY GO BACK” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Happy Valley, Oregon
“LOVE THIS PLACE! WILL DEFINITELY GO BACK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

We stay August 8th to the 12th 2010 I went with my husband and 3 kids, 6, 4, 1. First of all we got a complimentary upgrade on the room which had the most amazing view of the pond and mountains! Second upon arrival we received a surprise bottle of wine and chocolate dipped strawberries (we had mentioned it was our 8th anniversary). Not only were WE excited but the kids too!(for the strawberries lol)
We were married here back in 2002 and try to come back at least every two years and it just gets better and better. There were nickelodeon themed activities while we were there that the kids LOVED. Its definitely a family place with the sandy beach that leads into the pool to the environment in general. Three different pools to choose from. One was a 1ft kid pool that my 1 yr old loved because she could stand in it on her own.
Everything was kept clean and the service was FAST at all times. We got a great package that allowed us to order ALOT of room service and pool food. The food was great and the AMOUNT was enough to feed two people! Tanya Harris the Program Coordinator went ABOVE our expectations and was a HUGE help with all the minor details. The guys at the front door that take your luggage even remembered my husband. Shows how personal the staff gets with their guests "were NOT just another face". We love that. Thanks Esmeralda ONCE again for making our stay great..with a family that has grown over the years each and every one loves this resort and we will be back in another two years if not sooner! :)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Pasadena,CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

We did the Dora weekend here and it was amazing fun! The kids get a Dora backpack fun kit and a breakfast with Dora. There was movie watching in the pool at night, a sand beach, a 1 foot pool which was great for our 2 year old. They even provided FREE swim diapers!! If you are going without kids stay somewhere else because this is kid heaven and loud like that. Also the room service food and restaurant were amazing.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

My husband and I have been to this hotel several times. I happen to love the pool grounds and the poolside service. The rooms are big and clean and the restrooms large, too!
I recommend this hotel but I do not recommend going to this hotel during Labor Day. I went there Labor Day last year and it was extremely crowded to the point where we couldn't find
lounge chairs nor to enjoy the pool because the pool was extremely crowded with boisterous kids.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Langley City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

Wow what a place to escape to! We stayed here for 4 nights enjoying the lush landscaping, super friendly staff, and absolutely the biggest and best salt water pool with waterfall and mini sand beach. Kids were totally entertained with beach and Nickelodeon programs every day. This is a family resort, but because of the vastness of the pool area..room for adults only to snooze and sunbathe without bother. Loads of umbrellas for all, pool bar service outstanding.
Location from shopping and restaurants perfect..5-10 minute drive. Very large property, so cannot walk to eateries off the reort. Good food on location, but pricey. Be sure to try out Jackelope Ranch (10 minute drive on same highway111) for the ultimate in southwestern decor and great chicken wings to die for! Pulled pork sandwich with prickly pear BBQ sauce a close runner up to the best ever in the west!!
Our king size room was located on the 5th floor facing the pool with an oversized patio. So quite and bed was so comfy. Decor was bright and updated, large flat screen tv and terrific enormous bathroom. Ask for room in main tower facing pool to get the bigger patio. Others are for two chairs only. Great holiday all around..too hot to golf, but grounds were kept to perfection.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

They cancelled my reservation for no reason After they took 400.00 out of my account. They said I cancelled my own reservation after I paid for it.Than has to be some kind of fraud the hotel can't take it upon themselves to cancel a reservation. I'm not the only one this has happened to. Save your money! i reported them to the Better Business Bureau.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
los angeles, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

My family and I stayed Renaissance Esmeralda in early July. We contemplated staying at another hotel that appears to cater to families. We were very surprised at the offering -- particularly for kids. Although the hotel's website mentions the Nickelodeon events, the website does not fully explain all of the offerings, as well as the kid friendly pools. All in all, a good family choice.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

We have gone here every year to celebrate our anniversary. We usually go in May or early June and are very pleased. This year we went in mid July and should have just stayed at the Disney hotel. Kids everywhere, the pool is so croweded people are waiting for your spot. When I spilled my $10 nacho's (I had not had anything to drink) I was given a really hard time. Half hour later he brought my chips ( NO salsa, no cheese no guac) It was a joke. The restuarant took my whole plate before I had a bite when I got up to get a extra plate and didn't apologize.
The rooms have gone downhill since last year. The hotel needs to go under a huge renovation and should be noted this is a kids hotel with dora and spongebob running around with hundreds of kids. (I Have three kids, I love kids but this was crazy) We spend over a thousand dollars for the WEEKEND every year and this year we were treated like second class citizens. I refuse to spend my money here again even if I brought the kids.
OH and they shut their famous restaurant down while the "owners" are t"raveling". It's a lie, The husband wife team no longer run it and it's a overpriced joke with horrible food. It's such a shame, I had the best meal of my whole life their last year!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!