“Perfect setting, high attention to detail” 5 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
“Perfect setting, high attention to detail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

Booked the Renaissance using Marriott Rewards points and was given an excellent room overlooking the pool, mountains, and lagoon. Room was well appointed and had everything you could wish for. Check in was a snap - we were allowed to get into our room at 12:30pm - immediately following our spa treatments (kudos to Jessica and Carlos in the massage treatment room). Did not order room service but had the finest dining experience ever at Sirocco! From the moment we arrived, we were treated as if we were a guest in the chef's home. Chef Livio visited our table and made suggestions and also provided the option to split dishes (one person can order two entrees and have two smaller portions on one plate - amazing touch). Everything was fresh and delicious. I highly recommend this hotel - but caution couples looking for a kid free environment. While there were a lot of children, it was not intrusive, but those looking for solitude should keep this in mind.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

My husband and I travelled here in Feb for a conference and all I can say is WOW- what a fantastic resort! Rooms, view, food, drinks, spa---- all wonderful. I would travel here for a "pleasure" as opposed to business trip in a HEARTBEAT. Hope to return again soon~

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

Stayed here by myself for a conference. When I arrived carrying a garment bag, dragging a wheelie bag, the bellman said, "You all set, maam?" no offer to take my bags up to the 5th floor. I schlepped them up myself. When i checked out I called the bellmans desk 3 x and no one answered. I walked down w/o my luggage and spoke to the front desk and then a bellman. It took them a full 1/2 hour to bring me my bag. My ride to the airport arrived and waited patiently while we waited for my bag. I had much higher expectations for the service than I received. On a positive note, the grounds were beautiful and the exercise room one of the best I've ever used!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Boise
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Renaissance Esmeralda Resort for two nights for a quick weekend getaway. The property was very impressive. As previous reviewers have said it is spread out and the self park lot can be a hike depending on where you room is. We did find the staff to be very helpful. Although our reservation was a little messed up on check in that was about the only problem we had.
We utilized the spa for a couples massage. Although pricey it was a great start to our weekend. We spent a lot of our time by the pool. Found plenty of chairs, towels and servers who were helpful but not obnoxious.
We stayed in a 1 bedroom executive suite and found the room to be clean, the beds nice. Ordered room service several times and found they had a 30 minute delivery guarantee for breakfast and 45 minute delivery for all other meals. Very useful. Ate at the Italian restuarant onsite and the food was outstanding. The chef/owner very friendly as he visited every table to visit with dinners.
Overall the property and stay were great. Things are pricey at the resort as to be expected.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Santa Cruz, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

I arrived in the evening. Indian Wells is beautiful and the hotel is impressive but a little shabby. The next morning I stopped at the gift shop for some sun screen. I gave the woman at the desk my room number and name. Suddenly she began acting as though she'd just caught Osama Bin Laden. Apparently her computer showed a different name in that room so she decided that I was some thief who had trespassed into the hotel to steal $13 worth of sunscreen. She humiliated me in front of all the other peole in the store. Eventually she made a phone call & found out that the computer was wrong but refused to apologize. I was furious and went to the front dest and complained.
They weren't at all phased, couldn't have cared less. The staff ruined what was supposed to be a relaxing vacation.
There is just no excuse for treating guests like this. I'll never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

We just spent spring break at the hotel and talked another set of friends into coming down. They advertised on their website a "kids club" but what we discovered is that they really cater more to California's spring break week and they didn't offer much of anything to our kids the week we were there. The service seems nice and the kids love the pool with the sand on one end and a pool on the other. Our room was pretty dirty when we arrived and they didn't do much to clean it while we were there and they always left our room until the end of the day - about 5 pm to finally clean it. Our friends had the same experience. We had to call a few time about extra towels and issues with the cleaning. Overall we liked the hotel and the staff and enjoyed the stay. The kids eat for free is great but you have to ask for it because some waiters won't offer it unless you ask. We probably would visit it again because we like the location and pool area but we won't seek it out as an excellent place to stay. They seemed to take really good care of conference people and we had one night where the conference people partied late so I would say that this is a good spot for a conference but if you are going there personally and want some sleep, maybe not as good of an idea. Nice fitness area.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
san francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

we were there 4/8--4/12/2009 to celebrate my husband's birthday
We love to travel. Coming from Washington we were looking forward to sun, swimming, tennis, hiking, sight seeing.
It was a huge disappointment to find the hotel overrun with families and kids.
Turns out it was spring break for public schools in California which we did not know.
We never got to use the pool as it was so overcrowded there were no towels or chairs available. By 7 am all the chairs were claimed!! forget trying to get one in the afternoon after shopping and sight seeing.
Even more insulting was the way the hotel dealt with the overcrowding was to issue hospital type wrist bands color coded for Friday, Saturday and Sunday to be worn while using the pool area.
Our other issue was with the "resort fee". $25 PER PERSON PER DAY added to room charge for parking, using the gym, 2 small bottles of water in the room each day, internet use if you bring your own laptop, use of bicycle, local phone calls!!
I explained my concerns to the manager about not even being able to use the pool due to overcrowding (no chairs, no towels everyday in the afternoon ) and asked that the resort fee be waved for at least one of us as all we used was the parking . She was quite rude. She finally agreed to delete only one $25 charge.

Needless to say we will not go back. Probably if we had not been there on one of their busiest weekends we would have had a better experience.
But the manager's response to our complaints was rude and insulting.

the room was fine, but not especially clean. The CAVA restaurant was good.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!