“Great place for families” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$50 Daily Credit
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
San Francisco, California
“Great place for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Although I stayed here as a couple I could tell this was a very family friendly place. The beds were super comfortable. We had a room with a balcony facing the golf course. I used this balcony to dry my wet clothes from the pool. That 100 degree weather did the job quite nice. I was disappointed that there was not a deeper pool area, but with all the kids I understand. I think the deepest is 3 ft. With the hot weather I found it interesting that the Jacuzzi was running. Might be an area for the hotel to save cost, energy and maintenance. Any one using a jacuzzi in 100 degree weather is crazy. The staff was friendly and even offered to shuttle me to my car in the parking lot.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
RenaissanceEsmeralda, General Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments about our team members and our resort property and we appreciate your suggestion on the hot tubs. As amazing as it may seem, the hot tubs do get utilized in the summer, particularly on cooler evenings. We look forward to having the opportunity of serving you again one day soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I recently went here to celebrate our anniversary. It was great the pool was so relaxing, and the room was perfect. The people who really made the trip completley worth while though were the staff. They made sure everyhting was perfect, they had amazing pool side service, and even surprised us with champagne in our room after hearing it was our anniversary. I couldn't have asked for a better trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We are very honored that you selected our property to celebrate your anniversary and are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are very proud of our team and your feedback means a great deal to us all! Looking forward to seeing you back soon.
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We got a corner room on the top (7th) floor overlooking the golf course at 218.00 a night on AAA which was about 300 sqft larger than a standard room and the full package standard room for about $327 which included self-parking, one 60 minute spa per day, one round of golf with free balls on driving range and golf cart with GPS. It also included 2 full buffet meals per day. Since we stayed two days my son and I got to play free after 3:00 pm the day of arrival and all day the next day. My wife got a message on Friday and Sunday, which she loved and my wife and I had a full buffet on Saturday and Sunday morning. You can also hear live music and have breakfast, lunch or dinner at the Indian Wells Golf Club, and the Hyatt, both next door which the bellman will quickly take you to and from at no charge in a few minutes in their electric carts. If you were to buy all the packages we received with the standard room it would work out to be a NEGATIVE $8 per day for the room. Get a high room, close to each other if you have more than one room. You can choose to be close to the lobby elevator or pool elevator, but pick one as the hotel is large. The food is pretty good, not great, service is good, claim a chair (under an umbrella) by 9:00 am as the pool fills up quickly and is noisy. They have a sand beach and a children program that is great for kids. I am sure I am leaving something out so read the other reviews for ideas before you go. Hope you have a good trip. If you don’t have kids and want a quiet place around the pool, this is NOT the place to go. Additionally there is not an adult pool or enough pools given the size of the property.

Room Tip: Go with a package deal for services you are planning on using. Stay as high as you can for the view...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I read a lot of the reviews for this hotel before booking. It seemed that anyone who had a bad experience here was on a weekend trip. We started on a weekday in June and it was amazing. We only stayed for one night, but we really got a lot out of our trip. The pool was not at all crowded, and we were there from 3-6pm, then again in the morning from 9-11. We had no trouble getting chairs in the shade both times. The beach style entry pool is great. My two-year-old daughter loved that and the 1 foot pool. Although there were a lot of kids, this fortunately is the type of place where most of the parents have control of their kids, so none of them were obnoxious. My kids know how to behave in public, so I expect other people's kids will too; that is the case with the people here.

There were some great little touches that made this resort very nice:
- fruit infused ice water in the lobby
- candies for the kids at check in
- ice water dispensers all over the pool area
- waitress in restaurant very attentive to my children
- tons of outdoor furniture and outdoor fire pits

My husband took advantage of the fitness center and really enjoyed it. Decent size and well-equipped. We ate at the casual restaurant, Cava, and loved it. We don't eat meat, and while there were not a lot of vegetarian options, the vegetable penne pasta was delicious. Portion just right, perfectly rich sauce. We also got a dining credit for being Marriott rewards members, so that made dinner affordable overall.

• Stayed June 2013
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed for 2 nights (6/16-6/18).

Pros:
1. Great sandy beach pool that is not too deep for my 4-year old
2. Because we stayed during non peak days, there were plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas
3. Ice cold water is station at the pool area
4. Two tennis courts
5. Room was clean, comfortable, and quiet
5. GLO- the sushi bar was really tasty
6. Nice fitness center with a steam and sauna room
7. The staff was friendly and helpful

Cons:
1. $28 resort fee which includes wi-fi, however, the wi-fi signal is weak and I had to keep reconnecting to the network
2. There is not a lot of drawer space in the hotel room
3. There is no fan in the bathroom to speed up any "bathroom business" smells
4. High room service charge-$6 delivery trip charge and 20% gratuity for room service (we ordered dinner).
5. Tennis court lights were broken so we could not play tennis in the late evening while the weather was cooler
5. Very few fitness classes were offered (average of 1 class a day)
6. Needs more activities such as complimentary movie screenings

Overall, we enjoyed our stay. One last tip, if you go down Highway 11, there are lots of shops and restaurants (more reasonably priced than the hotel).

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RenaissanceEsmeralda, General Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort and we are delighted you and your family enjoyed your stay. We have advised our team members of your experience with slower Internet and the lights at the tennis courts not working correctly and will address immediately. We appreciate you bringing these to our attention. Looking forward to having you stay with us again one day soon!
Irvine, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Hotel rooms are very nice. Service is good, location is good, and grounds are pleasant, but if you're a visitor with a pool day in mind, this is not the place. A Million kids running around the main pool ( I'm talking little ones whose parents are in packs and not watching). I wish they had an adult pool or a quiet pool area and more umbrellas. I came here in October last year and it was a way better experience,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RenaissanceEsmeralda, General Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
We are delighted that you enjoyed your guest room and our grounds and appreciate your notation about the service you experienced. Spring Break is indeed a very busy time with families but we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in October and hope we will have the opportunity of serving you again soon.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed at the Esmeralda over Memorial Day weekend (Saturday to Tuesday). Despite the huge number of people there, we had a fantastic time!
The room and bathroom were spacious - not cramped at all. The beds were so comfortable! We stayed on the 6th floor, just down the hall from the area that opens up to the lobby below and the live music from the lobby bar was quite loud on the Saturday night. This only went until 9:00 pm so there were no issues for us. We had a view of the golf course and were very pleased not to face the pool area due to possible noise.
The pool was unheated and very large - split into sections. There was a sandy walk-in area as well as a toddler area elsewhere. Our boys (8 year olds) loved playing the pool all day every day. I was most impressed with the employee who saw me standing watching my kids in the pool and guessed that I wasn't able to find a free deck chair. He immediately found me two chairs nearby (removing the towels that someone had placed there who knows how long ago). I have never experienced such care. The hotel wasn't going to allow saved chairs to sit for long while guests stood around trying to find a place to sit. Excellent service! The pool side service was spotty because it was so busy. Once we made our orders, though, the service was excellent - very friendly servers.
This hotel really caters to families - which we appreciated. There were kids' menus at CAVA as well as at the pool bar. Every night over the weekend there were childrens' movies played on the large lawn area. We all pulled up deck chairs and relaxed as the sky darkened. Our kids loved it. They also loved the bouncy house that the hotel brought in for the weekend.
We enjoyed our meals at CAVA. On Saturday night, they had the most amazing childrens' buffet - my son has never had a hamburger, hotdog and ham sandwich all at one sitting. The adult buffet was fine - nothing spectacular. I enjoyed our breakfasts there the most. Again, the service was superb and the hostess sat us 10 minutes before closing one night when there was not another person there. It's these small things that add to a wonderful impression about htis resort.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and insightful comments. We very much appreciate all feedback as this helps us to create the best possible experience. Looking forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back one day soon.

Been to Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!