“Good hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Had a great stay at the Renaissance Esmeralda. We enjoyed the breakfast at Cava and the pool as well. The rooms were nice. it does get light very early with the shutters so don't plan on sleeping in. We had a good experience at the bar downstairs but the nightclub was closed when we tried to go (Saturday night?). Good property with good food and service. Highly recommended

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

In March of 2013, my husband and I stayed for 3 fantastic nights at the Renaissance Esmeralda in Indian Wells. We were in town for the BNP Paribas tennis tournament. The location was perfect and the hotel shuttle to the tennis park made coming and going very convenient. Everything about this hotel is superb. The front desk, bellmen, spa personnel, restaurant waiters,.... all were friendly and welcoming. The room was a double with two queen beds and was very roomy and comfortable. The bathroom and amenities were perfect. The closet opened on two sides with access from the bathroom and bedroom. Breakfast was superb. We will definitely stay here on another visit to Indian Wells.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RenaissanceEsmeralda, General Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your gracious comments and we are so delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay during the tennis tournament! Looking forward to welcoming you back to Indian Wells and the resort one day soon.
Thousand Oaks, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This hotel is tired and in need of updating. The room was so boring and dated!!
The outside pool area is very nice, but what about the rooms!! We had a King room it needed paint and the blank white walls were very blah!! now behind the bed it had some hideous abstract mural on the entire wall!! So ugly!!
The sheet had ink on it when we got there and the towels seemed old and not so white. plus the carpet was plaid!! It didn't seem sparkly clean either!!
Now the walk to the room had a gray carpet with ugly pink faux petals all along the carpet!!
the windows in the halls were covered on the outside by some kind of cinder block which blocks the views! Dumb!!
I got room service for breakfast and the cream was bad!!
The only good thing was they make fabulous Arnold Palmers with frozen lemonade!!
The staff was very nice with the exception of the girl checking us in. she was not that nice and failed to inform us about the cost of wifi and the resort fee!!
If you use self park there aren't enough spots because valet chains off too many spots. Valet is $25 and you end up doing that!
I would not stay there again! Also small TV's and very few channels!!

Room Tip: Try to upgrade your room, but there is an extra charge!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive comments about our pool area and overall experience with our staff. We apologize that our resort fee was not explained to you and we are disappointed to hear that our guest rooms did not live up to your expectations. We recently underwent a multimillion dollar guest room renovation and the response has been very positive overall.
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The resort overall was very nice. The rooms have obviously been updated and very spacious (and the beds comfortable), the grounds are well kept, and the food we had both at the sushi bar and the Italian restaurant was quite good. It is a very large resort so I didn't expect service that was worth remembering (it wasn't), but nothing stands out as negative in that area either.

The pool looks spacious and looks great at first glance, but it was so overcrowded, it was almost unbearable. We finally found chairs after 20 min. of looking and standing around. As the day progressed they kept bringing chairs out, but to the point where you felt like you were cozy with about 10 other neighbors on top of you. Inside the pool was also way overcrowded and there were so many kids that there was zero ability to avoid getting hit by a beach ball or splashed even if you were trying to avoid it at all costs. Granted it was Mother's Day weekend, but I would never recommend this hotel to anyone without kids. Even if I was there with a family, the pool would not be enjoyable to anyone who wants a little bit of space and relaxation -- if that was indicative of a normal weekend.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed at the resort as an adult family. The amenities are excellent as are the grounds and the pool. It is a very large hotel and in no way cozy or intimate. The breakfast restaurant was very slow but the food was quite reasonable. The service in the bar in the evening was impressive.

The rooms were disappointing given the resort as a whole. The room had a basic, unfurnished balcony. The rooms were tired but clean -- the bathroom as well. I will likely look around to what our other options are when we go back to Palm Springs.

Room Tip: Make sure you request balcony that looks over the green space.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Aliso Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I ended up staying at this resort for the last two weekends, each for a different purpose; one was a golf outing with friends and the other mother's day weekend with the family. This resort was perfect.

There is plenty to do at the resort and immediately around it including golf, spa, pool, and restaurants. If you are looking to do more things outside of the resort, I would recommend having a car as not much else is walking distance.

The room was very clean and spacious with a nice view whether it be of the surrounding golf courses or of the pool. The beds are some of the most comfortable I've slept in at a hotel. If you plan on sleeping in much past 9:30am, I would recommend not getting the pool view since there will be some noise.

The pool are is great for everyone. There is plenty of room for kids to play and plenty of room to not be disturbed by children including a nice bar.

Lastly, all of the staff is very friendly and accommodating!

Strathmore, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

To begin with our room keys did not work, they rescanned them and again they did not work we waited approximately half an hour for security to finally come to our room to let us in, we were not impressed. Cleanliness was very bad for example, we found old mouldy food in our fridge, we called down and they did come up to clean it out. At our conference breakfast I found bright red lipstick marks on my coffee cup, they replaced it. Then at the lunch I bit into my sushi and found a 1" x 1.5" chunk of glass in it. That was not the worst of it, we did not ask for room service till our 3rd day into our stay because we like to conserve so we re-use our towels. The next day after they cleaned our room and replaced our towels, I showered and decided to leave the hanging towels for my roomate so I took one of the folded towels that was in the cupboard and was absolutely shocked to see that the cleaning staff had just folded my dirty towel and stuffed it into the shelf. Not only was that disgusting for me but what if I would not have chosen that towel and left it for the next guest. I knew it was my towel because of my obvious makeup marks that I always leave on my towels. Overall the hotel room and hotel was not kept as clean as it should be. Then to make matters worse when I got my VISA bill they had charged my card for charges that I had not been advised of. I told them that no one told us of a resort fee that would be charged to my credit card but they didn't seem concerned and felt that I should already have been aware of it.
Needless to say I will not EVER stay at that hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RenaissanceEsmeralda, General Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay. We are very sorry for the challenges and want you to know that they are being reviewed by our team and addressed. I would like to discuss with you directly and appreciate receiving your contact information which you can send to my assistant at Dilly.Perera@renaissancehotels.com.

Been to Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!