“Well Done by All Aspects” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$100 Nightly Credit
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
Chagrin Falls Ohio
“Well Done by All Aspects”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa delivers in every aspect of customer service. The minute you enter the driveway the lush landscaping, colorful flowers and perfectly cut lawn is the first indication that you are probably going to we treated well.

My first interaction was with the valet/bell staff at the front door. When they saw my golf clubs they quickly offered information about the driving range and club storage arrangements. One really polite guy from Minnesota (Sorry, I forgot this name) offered to deliver my bags to the room, wait to me to change to golf clothes and drive me directly to the golf driving range so I could hit balls before the range closed for the day. This same person greeted me by name every time he saw me for the next six days...what a pleasant surprise. I sure hope the Renaissance realizes how important the valet/bell staff can be in the big picture.

The rooms and bathrooms were pretty large. Recently renovated, decently done and pretty good value for the $$$ spent. The rooms and entire resort were spotless...everywhere.

Ice and vending machines on the floors are well hidden off the main areas which seems to keep the noise levels down.

I loved the fact that citrus infused ice water was available in the lobby and fitness center just about 24 hours a day. 100% refreshing even when I didn't think I wanted a glass of water.

The fitness center was just about the right size...not too big, not too small and centrally located with a view off the pool on one side and the golf course on the other. I was a bit miffed on day one when I could not find anti-bacterial wipes to clean machine. The following day a dispenser appeared and stayed full for the rest of the trip.

The pools and surrounding area is awesome. Plenty of seating both near the water and away should you prefer a little more quiet for reading or sleeping. One nice feature is an area where children can walk into the water with a depth of 2 inches or so which gradually gets deeper.

Make an effort to walk the grounds of the Esmeralda Spa even if it's just around the building. The grounds are beautiful and really well maintained. Walking on the nearby golf course is discouraged unless you get there early or late in the day. Rangers keep an eye on non-golfers and prevent "joy walkers".

Room Tip: Are you a "Senior" traveler ? The shape of the resort is such that one can end up taking...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Chesterland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I arrived at night but it was beautiful just the same. By early morning I walked the grounds and they were so calming, so colorful! The pools, the mountain views were spectacular as was my early morning swim!

The rooms were perfect for me - as Ian not fussy about huge rooms. I had a nice balcony and because of he great weather and quiet of the resort, I could leave my patio door open.

I especially liked the open patios, fire pits at night, excellent bar staff. It made the social part of our conference even more special.

And I cannot say enough about EVERY staffer at this hotel. Friendly doesn't say enough! They even went out of the way to make my friends birthday a little special by sending chocolate strawberries to her room!

Room Tip: You may want to upgrade for a pool view - which I thought was the best view while others preferred t...
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa for 4 nights. We made our reservation as a name your price on priceline at a screaming good deal and when we arrived were offered a king suite for a small upgrade in price per night. We were both very happy and impressed with the room and the hotel staff. The pool area and grounds are gorgeous. We stayed during spring break so it was best to get to the pool early to get a spot you want for the day. The only con during are staying was the service from the hotel restaurant which talking to our waiter said the cook staff was understaffed. It took way too long to get our food, however rather than making a giant scene I went to the front desk the next morning and they gave us a credit on the room to cover our dinner. All in all they knew exactly how to take care of their guests.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We've been coming here for over 10 years starting when my son was 7. He's now 17 and he still loves coming here. Very family friendly. The pool is fantastic and not over 4' you can bring your own floaties and balls. Great bloody Mary's at the pool bar too. Everything centers around the pool and it doesn't disappoint. Good lunches at reasonable prices. Great service. Only wish a they had a teen room

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RenaissanceEsmeralda, General Manager at Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We so appreciate your comments and loyalty! We love seeing you year after year and helping to build special family memories. Cheers to you all and we will share your great suggestion with the team!
Fountain Hills, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Originally we could not get into this hotel due to 3 conventions going at the same time. We stopped by to register for the convention when my husband went to talk to the front desk. Raul worked with us and got us a room as something opened up--he was delightful and made us feel very welcome. We had a certificate to use and it was tricky to get it to apply and Raul made it happen. We ended up needing to leave early and when we checked out Corey Kul helped us checked out and again the service was incredible. We would HIGHLY recommend this beautiful resort!

maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

On a college visit trip with our son, we decided to spend a few days of r & r in the Palm Springs area. The hotel is well-appointed, relatively new and part of a complex off Route 111 that includes Indian Wells Golf Club and the Hyatt Resort. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and lush.
The building weaves around the periphery of the pools, so that it can be quite a distance from the check-in lobby to your room. However, those far-off rooms are closer to the pool elevator and resort entry.
The rooms are spacious and feature plantation shutter systems instead of drapes and are ecofriendly in that if the sliding door is open the a/c shuts down. Newly decorated in the mid-century Palm Springs look, both the king and double rooms have ample space for lounging, desk use, and a full bathroom with a separate w/c. The reservations desk actually put us in connecting rooms without request and a broken towel rack was quickly repaired with a chocolate left for the inconvenience.
Because it was a holiday week, the resort was teeming with young families; there was a daily race to "reserve" chaise lounges around the pool-starting at 6 AM. The pool workers seemed ill-equipped to handle this and the signage stated that chairs could not be reserved, but......
We were able to find a quieter location and the resort has a beautiful lawn adjacent to the pool area for overflow.
The fitness center was well-equipped with both a sauna and steam and guarded by a lovely worker so that children under 16 could not monopolize its use.
The food was excellent as well. We arrived late the first night and opted to eat sushi and a few appetizers at the bar. I ordered a glass of champagne listed as Chandon, the California Moet, and was delighted to see the waiter pour out a Moet and for the reasonable price point of $8.
The breakfast buffet was substantial ($24) with an array of hot and cold items including smoked salmon, waffles, made-to-order omelettes, fruits, cereals, homemade granola and yogurts.
A great respite for a few days. No need to go off site.

Room Tip: Our rooms 5114/5116 overlooked the far end of the pool and gave us easy access to the pool elevator...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Laguna Niguel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We love this resort and have stayed here numerous times in recent years. The resort is beautiful, the refurbishment looks really good and the staff overall provide great service. We spend a lot of money on hotel stays for our family vacations and do not mind paying for excellent service.

The pool staff here are seasoned, attentive and quick. This Easter weekend was no exception. The pool area was crazy and these folks were running constantly to keep up, and we noticed no drop in service at the pool. Some guests get carried away with reserving pool chairs by throwing a couple towels down at 7 am, but the staff handles this very professionally by enforcing the rules when necessary and going out of their way to find you a place to lounge, complete with umbrella if you request.

Our room was clean and the new furnishings and designs looked great. The lobby and hallways that looked dated last year, have been tastefully upgraded. The place feels and smells new.

The hotel provided a great egg hunt and Easter bunny that our kids have learned to look forward to.

Not everything with our stay was perfect. Room service was supposed to deliver at 8 am and delivered (waking up our kids) at 8 pm. The next morning, they delivered at 8 am but forgot one of the breakfasts. Due to the hotel being full of families, they also "ran out" of cribs for a time. But, in each case, when we mentioned it to hotel staff, they corrected the error quickly and with apology. We realize there will be a service mishap now and again; but, where they make it right, we can't ask for anything more. So, despite these minor lapses, I still think the hotel, the management and the service staff at this hotel are excellent. We look forward to going back frequently.

Room Tip: Pool view is worth the extra $$
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!