“Very enjoyable top notch hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Advance Purchase 15% Off
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Indian Wells
GreenLeadersBronze level
Encinitas, California
“Very enjoyable top notch hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is a very nice Hyatt, Nice pool area, great atmosphere conducive for family fun & relaxation, plenty of chairs, VG pool side service..2 young guys Tyler & Jesus both were so polite, professional & fast! Beautiful room..everything was spotless. V comfortable beds, Room service was fast & food was on the money. EVERY employee in this hotel from the valet guys out front...to EVERYONE inside including housekeeping were so professional, friendly & polite. Obviously this hotel hand picks the cream of the crop & trains them well. Thank you to Elizabeth at front desk who was so was very helpful & pleasant to deal with.. & Jim at front desk also very helpful & was always full of good cheer. We’ll be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

972 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

First I would like to start by saying I come to the Palm Springs, Indian Wells, and Palm Desert area every year around this time for a golf tournament. Over the years I have had the pleasure of staying at some very nice properties. This year was no exception. I had visited this resort in past years when it was the Hyatt Grand Champions and not only did Hyatt make a great choice in name change to the Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa; they are heading in the right direction with the service and staff changes as well.

The last time I was here the lobby was under construction, the lobby bar was only open certain hours in the early evening and in general the property seemed to be unorganized. What a difference a couple of years make. We were met, as many have commented, as soon as we drove up by the valet staff. After a friendly greeting we were off to the lobby and this year the check-in was a breeze. Ericka, I apologize if I misspelled your name, at the front desk made our check-in almost an adventure letting us pick from several options of where our room could be located and educated us as to what our surroundings and amenities would be. Her conversation was friendly and her professionalism exceptional.

We chose to use self parking as I would be needing access to my car more frequently than some who may stay at a resort property. It was ten dollars a night, but that was waived for the tournament players/guests. The parking lot does have an attendant but gets full fast in the very early evening with the overflow going back to the valet. Resort properties can be very spread out so this can eat into your time going back to park your vehicle if there is no space. This time of the year the desert can be very hot, well above 100 degrees, so that is something to also keep in mind.

Our room was very well laid out with what would be expected in a modest resort room. We had a sitting area with couch and sofa table, a small balcony outside, desk area and a fairly large bath area with separate tub and shower. We did have some a/c issues in that it was sensor controlled. At night when you were sleeping the a/c would not detect any movement and therefore shut off. For those of us who prefer a cool/cold room to sleep in it is a problem. There is a way around it and an easy fix for the seasoned traveler, however a quick call to maintenance can get you that info most of the time. In general the room was what I expected and met almost all expectations. Note: there is an additional fee for internet usage. I did not access it so I do not know the fee.

The resort has several pools. The main pool hosts everyone, but families with children seem to occupy this area for the most part. There is a small water slide, large hot tub area, a lap swim area and a nice place for lunch. There is also a smaller adults only pool about 100 hundred feet from the main pool area which is a little more secluded and quieter. It has a bar with several staff servers bringing the guests their refreshments and food. There are several nice cabanas as well if you choose to purchase them and a smaller but adequate hot tub area. The adult pool also backs up to the villas which are room options and can be explained at check-in.

As I close this review I have to mention the front desk manager, Andrew. From the moment I was introduced to him his hospitality and helpful ideas on behalf of the Hyatt brand are and will continue to be what leads this resort property in the right direction. We stayed at this property for five days and overall it was a wonderful place to relax, play, and rest from life’s busy schedule. Once again my thanks to the staff for their hard work to make my stay a very memorable one; I am lucky I could be a part of it.

Room Tip: The villas are nice but a little further walk if you choose. The hotel does provide golf cart transp...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
ServiceManager44600, Manager at Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear BH-
Thank you so much for your praise of Erica's and Andrew's service skills! They are surely two of our shining stars and I will share the well-deserved accolades with them. We appreciate your notice of our many changes and upgrades over the past few yesrs and that you have truly discovered our many secrets to relax, play and indulge in Indian Wells. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Huge room. Beautiful views. Design of lobby and common areas very modern and attractive. Room itself was in good condition, though the furniture itself looks a little dated and isn't as stylish as the furniture in common areas. Adults-only pool got very crowded, but we managed to get a couple of good chairs because we were there before noon (after noon on a weekend it might be tough to get a place at the adult pool). Staff was friendly, attentive and very helpful. It reminded me of some of the properties at or around Disneyworld, not exactly the trendiest place, but well-run, attractive and very pleasant.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

The Hyatt Regency Indian Wells (formerly known as the Hyatt Grand Champions) is sort of oddly located, as it is right next to the Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa (a Marriott property). In fact, they share the same entrance with the Hyatt located to the left.

The Hyatt Regency Indian Wells boasts two golf courses, three tennis courts and seven swimming pools.

I booked the room using a Virtuoso agent, so benefits included an upgraded room, 4 PM late check-out, free breakfast and a $100 resort credit per stay. Many of the benefits are redundant with being a Hyatt Diamond member, with the exception of the $100 resort credit, and in this case, the 4 PM late check-out since this does not apply to resorts.

I also used a Hyatt Diamond Suite Upgrade for this stay. When calling to apply the upgrade I was told that I would either be placed into a Hospitality Suite or an Executive Suite, with the Executive Suite being the nicer of the two.

Upon entering the hotel, the front desk is located to the left. All Hyatt Diamond and Virtuoso benefits were clearly explained, however when given the welcome letter it stated that I had booked my room through American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts which was clearly wrong, but both include the same benefits. I was told that the Regency Club was closed during the summer, so I would get an extra 2,500 Gold Passport points. The $10 self-parking fee is also waived for Diamond Members, but unfortunately there was no discount or waiver of the resort fee.

I inquired about the possibility of a further upgrade, and after speaking with the manager I was upgraded to a 1 bedroom villa.

The villas are located away from the main hotel and is in a quieter location. Transportation to the villas is provided via a golf cart. In addition, the villas come with butler service.

Upon entering the villa, there is a large entryway with a half bathroom located to the left. Although spacious, it is not well laid out as there is only a toilet and very small sink that is about the size of a small drinking fountain.

The entryway opens up into a large living room with a sofa, two chairs, fireplace, dining room table, microwave, small refrigerator and wet bar. There is also a coffee maker with pre-ground coffee. The refrigerator does include complimentary drinks which included 4 bottles of water, a Diet Pepsi, Pepsi and 2 cans of Iced Tea.

There is a large wraparound patio that includes another door to the bedroom. There is a patio table, chairs and best of all, your own Jacuzzi. I had a room that overlooked the lake which was quite nice.

Before entering the bedroom, there is a hallway with 2 sets of double doors to provide noise insulation from the living room and bedroom.

The bedroom is very spacious and includes two chairs, a ceiling fan, and a dresser with flat screen TV.

The entrance to the bathroom has no door, and there are plantation shutters that open up from the bathtub. The bathroom is extremely large with double sinks, a separate shower and bathtub. There is also a TV in the bathroom. The toilet is separate from the bathroom area. There is a dresser in the bathroom area, and best of all a large walk-in closet that is bigger than most standard bedrooms.

Breakfast is in Lantana and offers a buffet or one can order off of the menu. If choosing the buffet, there is an omelet station, along with the standard eggs, bacon, sausage and potatoes. There are also pancakes, which are some of the best I’ve ever had. They are light, fluffy and almost melt in your mouth. They actually have real maple syrup as well. Other options include cereal, muffins, bagels, oatmeal, bread, fruit, yogurt and smoked salmon “martinis”. While the selection is not large, the food is fresh and well prepared.

The only negative experience came at the time of check-out. The front desk agent was rather inept and not big on customer service. She was writing in some type of notebook and took a couple minutes before acknowledging me, and kept telling me that she would be with me “in a minute”. She then took a phone call from a guest, and took off to make him a key, while still telling me that she would be with me “in a minute”. After finally dealing with the other guest and finishing up with her notebook, she finally got around to helping me. The whole experience at the time of check-out put a damper on an otherwise marvelous stay.

Despite the flaw at check-out, this is an amazing property and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa was wonderful during our recent visit. We travel with our family and this hotel makes it so easy to keep our children happy. From the different size pools, water slide, bike riding and Camp Hyatt. We spent a couple of nights there and wish we could have stayed longer! The staff was super friendly always greeting us in the hallways, by the pool and the parking attendant as we were coming and going. The rooms are so spacious and so comfortable! I want to mention Jason in your restaurant! He was so gracious during our dinner on Saturday night! He made us feel right at home! Thank you for the great stay and we will be coming back soon!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've been going to Palm Springs almost every summer for 20+ years, and while I've always enjoyed myself, I've never had the kind of experience I would want to write a review about.

But this past weekend, a friend and I stayed here and were BLOWN AWAY by how amazing this resort is. From the moment we pulled up we knew we had made the right choice.

As we wheeled our car up to the entrance, the parking valets welcomed us with extreme courtesy and helpfulness. The woman at the front desk (Christine, I think?) went out of her way to change our original reservation to a AAA rate (my friend has an AAA membership and I had booked the reservation without it) and ended up giving us a substantial discount plus free breakfast both mornings of our stay.

Every single staff member we encountered was a thousand percent helpful, courteous, friendly, and prompt (we asked to borrow both a corkscrew and an iPhone 5 charger our first night there and both items were up to our room in about 10 minutes). When you walk through the hotel, staff members never neglect to smile and say hello, without fail.

The rooms are spacious and nicely appointed. No, it's not the Ritz Carlton. The rooms could be newer & more sumptuous I suppose-- but they were very clean and totally met our needs. Our room had both a shower stall and a tub-- a very nice feature. The beds were comfy and the air conditioner, while a bit loud, was very effective.

The bar in the restaurant had excellent music (a live band that played mostly Motown/80s/some hip-hop) and great service as well. We also thought the food was delicious.

Drawbacks: They charge a $25 valet or $10 overnight parking fee (I didn't really mind this but my friend did) and the bar was a bit expensive. It's also about 30 minutes from Palm Springs proper, but as with the parking, I didn't mind this at all-- but my friend wasn't so thrilled.

I guess the only other drawback was that it was family-friendly (which isn't a drawback if you're there with kids! My friend and I had left ours at home for this trip, though) so it's a bit noisy in the pool area and at breakfast when all the families are about. This is more of a heads-up than a drawback, however.

Overall-- this was an OUTSTANDING hotel at an amazing value and I wouldn't hesitate to book there again.

Room Tip: We choose a mountain/garden view room which I would probably recommend if you want peace & quiet...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

this location is beautiful, not far from Palm Springs, had great kid friendly events at the pool & a pretty cool camp makes me wish I brought my kids.

Cool adult pool, club at the restaurant, super clean gym & beautiful surroundings. Called cause I forgot a few items & they delivered my amenities quickly. Valet was awesome! Those guys were top notch we had motorcycles on the back of one of our cars they kept an eye on them & when my guys had to work on the bikes they even questioned them for being near the bikes!! I'm glad they did!!

The front desk agent was helpful and very nice. Hoysekeeping was amazing! The only down side was the heat & the bar didn't open until 11am. LOL both wasnt a big deal just a minor bummer!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!