“Beautiful designed resort- live entertainment - very accommodating - but I don't think Starbucks is really Starbucks!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Indian Wells
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

A disappointment turned right side up!
Upon entrance to our room, I was appalled at the awful smell- a mixture of a toilet plumping issue and vomit it seemed - do not stay in 1250. HOWEVER, I called the front desk and they took care of getting us a new room immediately. We had new keys delivered to our new room down the hall within minutes. The following day we received an apology card with a box of candy and complimentary self parking.

Other than that the resort was great. They have running/walking trails, live entertainment in the main bar almost every night, the spa was perfect and their menu had a variety of food and the food was good.

The only suggest I have, is if you are in need of a Starbucks fix- or a good fresh cup of coffee- go to an actual Starbucks location, not to the Coffee Shop in the lobby. They have a Starbucks sign, so I assumed the Vanilla Latte I ordered was going to be made with Starbucks espresso, however, the Latte tasted almost like old coffee and was not what I am use to having when I need a my caffeine!

Room Tip: If you are staying for a conference, ask for a room near the convention center.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

998 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Irvine, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was going to rate this as a potentially "average" ranking, but in thinking about what this hotel/resort is supposed to be I could not rate it as an "average" for this class of resort. It should not be compared to a Holiday Inn Express, rather it should be compared to nicer spa hotels which are in it's price range and classification. If I were comparing it to a Holiday Inn Express then I would rate it above average. In comparing it to a comparable Resort & Spa (Four Seasons, or one of the many nice Resort/Spa experiences in Vegas), I have to be honest and say it's below average.

For that reason, I have to rate it as below average. It lacks some very key aspects and has some definite downgrades:

1. Appearance-wise it gets great marks. It looks good, the lobby restaurants and lounges are up to date and have a great look as well. The scenery is great and it is a very well done integration with the desert landscape. But, unfortunately, looks alone can't make up for the shortcomings

2. The room was fine, but the air conditioner was like something from the 1950's. Every time it turned on it make a loud BANG. We had to shut it off in order to sleep. In reading other reviews online, it seems this is just the norm.

3. Poor attention to detail, overall. This might seem inconsequential but a good example is the music they played at the pool and lounge. The pool music was loud and very outdated. It sounded like it was from the late 80's or 90's. Not relaxing and the wrong vibe. The music in the very nicely done Agave lounge was hilarious. They have this great layout with gas fire pits, modern gas heater/lamps outdoors, new modern decor inside, and a slick bar menu but they chase you away with the music. I mean, "Freebird", jimi hendrix, ?? Really? Once again, total vibe kill. Whoever was in charge of the ambience really missed the mark with that.

3. Just because I have money and can afford this place doesn't mean I like to get ripped off. Lots of examples of overcharging: Spa massage deal was not valid on Saturday... even though there was basically no one in the spa. The waitress at the lounge was very misleading when asked about happy hour pricing and inclusion. We ended up getting overcharged there. Parking was expensive. Spa prices were much higher than the level of quality warranted.

4. Spa was not up to par. Staff were kind when they saw you, but they were loud and immature (i.e. horsed around throwing towels at each other). The amenities in the spa were just average. Massage service was good, but not excellent.

I enjoyed my stay, but I expected much better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We spent two weekends during this summer at this Hyatt property and we were pleased with the choice. First time had a room on 4th level facing the main pools area, and from balcony had a great view of the surroundings; second time had a room in the villas, a bit remote from main building but well worth it. Rooms were well taken care of, sparkling clean, large an comfortable.
Liked the free breakfast for children under 5 and the fresh apples in the lobby
As a downer i'd mention the fact the pools were not heated during last trip at the end of Sept. Water felt cold and not inviting for a longer deep.

Room Tip: I would opt for the Villas room. Much larger and very nice, having own patio on the golf course
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

It's my second stay in this hotel since last year.

Though it seems to me that the brand is changed to "Hyatt Regency", the quality of services remains excellent and I appreciate the service delivered by the Staff during my stay.

I stay in this hotel for 7 days because there is a conference meeting co-located in its convention center. My room is large, together with a comfortable sitting area, a very good golf view and a nice private balcony.

The facilities are great - I love the Gym and the swimming pools so much! The breakfast served in the restaurant Lantana is great though I am surprised the waiters are busy cleaning the tables and dishes that are supposed to be the dinner one day before. The drink served in the bar Agave Sunset and the sandwiches from Citrus are good as well.

Worth staying in this Hotel again ...!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We got a room with a sitting area and a porch. Felt more like a "suite" rather than a regular room. Everything is as one would expect of a hotel of this star level. Pools were warm at best since we went in the summer. Good thing about going in the summer is that you get the rooms for at least half the price as compared to fall/winter. About a 15 drive from Downtown Palm Springs.

Staff were wonderful all around, from the check-in staff to room service to the pool personnel.

Hotel food was good/very good but you can get the same quality food at a much cheaper price if you go out and eat. Going out is recommended more for Dinner rather than Lunch as it gets VERY VERY hot during the lunch hour (at least during the summer). In fact, when checking-in, we left some coke cans in the car and upon returning one of the cans had actually 'exploded"...Yup, that's how hot it gets.

Spa at the resort was one of the highlights for my teenage daughters and wife. Very luxurious and with everything one would expect of a high-end spa.

Tip: Go to the downtown Palm Springs area for dinner. Plenty of options to choose from and make sure you walk the main strip of downtown. Do this during the early evening though to avoid heat stroke : )

The aerial tram to San Jacinto is a MUST DO. If you can only do one thing in Palm Springs make sure that this is it. Worth every penny. Where else can you go from the desert to 8,000+ feet in 10 minutes? Views from the top are spectacular.

Would I stay here again? YES!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My girlfriend and I went for a three night stay, I had a conference and she had some time to read by the pool and relax at the spa. The facilities were great, the staff was friendly and the bars were awesome. Really don't have any negative feedback, even the food was good. I'd definitely stay here again and actually look forward to the next time we have the opportunity to.

Room Tip: We had a pool view room and it was quite and easy to get to.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Luxembourg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We really enjoyed our holiday at Hyatt! The hotel is lovely and the staff are friendly and helpful. From the moment we arrived, the valets welcomed us and helped us get settled. Although there are no pools deeper than 4/5 feet, there are a variety of shapes and temperatures, and all are clean and well-maintained. They have bicycles and towels available at the pool for guests to borrow. We did not eat at the hotel, except to have coffee and snacks from the lobby cafe. The truffles were amazing! Indian Wells has lots of new development including many restaurants and shops. We ate a delicious meal at PF Changs. The only drawback is that it's a 20-25 minute drive to Palm Springs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!