The Hyatt appears to be slightly older than other resorts in the area and architecturally may seem less grand, especially compared to its neighbor, the Renaissance Esmeralda. However, we found the scale and ambience of the Hyatt to be just fine. The range of room rates seemed reasonable, and we received good value overall.
Indian Wells and the Palm Springs area in general were very quiet during our December pre-Christmas visit, and the Hyatt Grand Champion reflected that by having relatively few guests. Partly cloudy and unseasonably cool temperatures probably did not help. This made our three night stay at the Hyatt rather strange, through no fault of the hotel.
In fact, my partner and I found the facilities and service to be just fine. While the pools and other outdoor facilities were empty most of the time, staff were present to make sure everything was at the ready as if they were anticipating an onslaught of guests at any moment.
1) Staff were uniformly friendly, helpful, and available.
2) Spacious rooms and very comfortable bed. Room decor, perhaps, slightly dated.
3) Several pools including one exclusively for adults. Two pools were long enough to swim laps.
4) Very well equipped health club and spa located in a separate building.
1) Surprisingly modest public spaces. Some recent remodeling gave the lobby a modern vibe.
2) Inadequate dining options. The main dining room seemed empty during our entire stay (perhaps no surprise), but the bar and lounge were hopping. Most of the time we left the resort for dining options in Indian Wells and Rancho Mirage.
3) Bicycle "rentals" seemed like a great idea; however, you are merely "signing out" a bike which, for liability reasons, cannot be used off property. Paths around the resort are not that extensive, so a bike ride is almost superfluous. I would have enjoyed truly renting a bike (and paying for it) and being able to cruise around Indian Wells and beyond.
All-in-all a good visit and we will most likely return.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Grand Champions Resort, Villas Hotel
- Hyatt Grand Champions Resort, Villas Hotel Indian Wells
- Hyatt Grand Champions Resort
- Hyatt Indian Wells
- Indian Wells Hyatt
- Hyatt Grand Champions
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa is a renowned Indian Wells resort situated on a 45-acre desert oasis. We offer delightful Indian Wells, California resort activities to occupy your days of leisure in whatever way pleases you the most. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Amex, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Otel, Olotels, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.