“Great entertainment.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nest is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 18 Restaurants in Indian Wells
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cook St/Province Way
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Great entertainment.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The Nest is a great place to mingle with locals and visitors and enjoy a great time. The live entertainment and dancing was awesome. The crowd ranges for 70's to 20's...everyone is in!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

tampa, fl
“Eggplant was outstanding!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

In Palm Springs with my teenage daughter, we stopped in a little before 5pm for a very early dinner. I ordered the stuffed eggplant and my daughter had spaghetti bolognese, lentil soup and garlic bread. She loved her meal. I thought the stuffed eggplant was phenomenal! Even took a picture of it so we can try to recreate it at home. Wow!

Service was wonderful, food brought quickly. Of course, we were so early that we were basically the only ones in the dining room, but still - kudos to the staff as they checked on us often and were wonderful.

I don't know about the bar scene - judging from the reviews it must be a sight to see. I will say there were already a few little groups forming in the bar area drinking cocktails when we walked in. Will have to come back with my hubby sometime to check it out. Would definitely come back for the stuffed eggplant!

So glad we found an off-the-beaten-road restaurant like this one.

Visited April 2013
San Francisco, California
“Good ambiance and food, a hopping bar scene”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Nest is a classic restaurant, with good food and service, plus a lively atmosphere. We went with friends for dinner, but as the evening wore on, the bar became more and more crowded. Looks like a terrific bar scene for "midlife" types, not necessarily the younger folks. When we left at about 9:30, there was a line of folks waiting outside to get in once someone left.

Considering that the median population of Palm Springs is a bit older, The Nest appears to be serving its target population well. I wouldn't recommend it for the under-35 crowd, but it's a great spot for midlifers and beyond!

Visited March 2013
Manchester UK
“Fun dining experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Tripadvisor needs to amalgamate the entries for 'Nest' and 'The Nest'; they are the same place.

We were in Indian Wells for a long weekend over Easter as part of a longer holiday in Nevada and California. I had booked The Nest whilst back in the UK, based upon Tripadvisor and other reviews. We expected an entertaining evening and we were not disappointed.

We had booked for 8pm and we were able to self-park just around the corner, but spaces were filling up quickly. There was valet parking available. As we approached, we were greeted by a clown who was all set to entertain the lines of people who arrived later.

We entered and were shown straight to our table in the dining room. The bar side was already heaving with people enjoying themselves. Not much room and getting to the bar might have been a challenge. We had a great table, ideal for people watching, although it seemed a little small for all the tablewear, bread, bottles etc.

Service was excellent throughout, very attentive and friendly. We decided to have an appetiser - I went for Porcini Raviolis, stuffed with mushrooms, topped with prosciutto and a creamy truffle sauce: very, very yummy. My partner went for the seared Ahi tuna, blackened with wasabi soy sauce: I had a taste and it was very good.

Entrees include a soup or salad in the price - we both went for a wedge salad, again, very tasty. I then had the 16oz ribeye cooked just how I like it. My partner had the petit filet mignon, which again was well regarded. These came with creamy garlic mash and veggies.

I finished with a big helping of cappucino flavoured ice cream, whilst my partner went for a choc dessert. We would have liked a couple of cappucino coffees, but we were told the machine was out of action, so we settled on ordinary coffees. With our meal, we shared a bottle of sparkling water and the non-driver had a merlot. The cost was $144, plus tip. Compared to other meals, this was good value.

There was a good mix of people in the dining room, from families to couples, to groups of guys/women. Guys tended to be younger, the women, well, considerably older. Dress-wise, it ranged from smart casual to dressed-to-impress. Many of the people seemed to be locals and many seemed to know each other, or were intent on getting to know each other. It was really friendly in a good way. The live music coming from the bar area was lively and helped set the tone. It was a really good people watching experience (and this was just in the dining room!).

Unfortunately, the bar area was just too busy to stay and linger in and people were still arriving, so we decided to call it a night. We really enjoyed our meal at The Nest and if you are visiting the Greater Palm Springs area, make sure you visit - you will not regret it.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newport Beach, CA
“Another Epic Time at the Nest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Where else but at the Nest will you find 21 year olds and 80 year olds dining, drinking and dancing together in all of So Cal? This little place never ceases to amaze me. Food is great, service is good considering how busy they are on a Saturday evening.

The people watching is infectous and you are almost guaranteed to see someone you know from a previous life. I always go for dinner and then dancing as its no fun waiting in line to enter the bar/dance floor after 9 PM. The music is great with everything from Sinatra to AC/DC and everything in between. Dancing with 80 year old men in cira 70's leisure suites, unbuttoned shirts featuring their Mr. T gold chain starter kit is too funny for words. The older women are also a hoot and can get out there and really kick it up. Don't even think about sitting at the piano bar as those seats must be staked out at 2 PM LOL.

Can't wait to get back to the Nest.

Visited March 2013