“What a great surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

75-188 Highway 111, Indian Wells, CA 92210   |
Palm Desert, CA USA
“What a great surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We booked this with some trepidation as we read some reviews. Vincent at check in was great. Location is the BEST! Nice pool area with four clean grills. Lovely grounds. Staff very friendly. We enjoyed the small size of the resort. Easy to park, swim, cook, etc.

Room Tip: We like ground floor rooms, but like every multi-floor timeshare, there is some noise from above, so...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Santa Ana, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Over the holidays, I had the pleasure of staying at the Sands! I must say that the service there was amazing! The rooms were clean, the employees were welcoming and I got an all around "at home" feeling! I can cook and even entertain guests if need be! It's a short drive to the desert night life but tucked away in a quiet part of town that makes it easy to get much needed rest!

Room Tip: Love the corner rooms!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is the WORST hotel experience ever!!!!!!!! How this place has good reviews is beyond me. Checked in after hours, no receptionist, just a call box to an answering service and drop box. Got to the room and was utterly shocked. OLD OLD OLD WORN WORN WORN in every possible way from the furnishings to the appliances to the bathroom tile, tiny shower and toilet, I can rant on an on. The bed pulled out of the wall....the bed pulls out of the wall...but I was stuck and already paid over the phone from a terrible recommendation from HOTELS.COM (1st time I ever used their service). There is a restaurant in front that had loud music past midnight. I had an early morning tee time, check out was 10 AM, so I called their answering service and tried to get a late checkout of 1 PM. Second call to the service I asked if it would be an issue, they assured me it it would not and the front desk would return my call first thing in the morning when they arrive at 9 AM...NEVER GOT A CALL. 11 AM my wife got kicked out from the front desk person, YES KICKED OUT and very RUDE about it also. I got a call on the golf course from an IRATE wife, enough said. I am a seasoned business traveler, between 30-50 days a year on average, I know hotels and service; this place is unbelievable, I can't put this review on enough travel sites, DO NOT GIVE THIS PLACE YOUR BUSINESS. I will never use HOTELS.COM ever again and tell all my family, friends, co-workers and anyone else who will listen not to use their site or ever stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Difficult parking a truck (I have a F150 Super Crew), no receptionist or front desk after normal hou...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey E, General Manager at Sands of Indian Wells, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

I wanted to take a moment and apologize for the unpleasant experience you recently had at the Sands Hotel of Indian Wells. I appreciate your feedback about your stay. The room you booked on Hotels.com was a studio unit with a Murphy bed and queen size sleeper sofa. That description is clearly stated. There are many pictures of the guest rooms at the hotel on Tripadvisor and Hotels.com. They show images of the same furniture your room was furnished with. I am sorry they did not meet your standards.
I have spoken with the front desk clerk who was on duty during the time of your stay, and unfortunately he did not call you back when he got into the office the morning you were due to check out. He did call your wife and offered a late checkout of 11am that day. Due to the hotel being sold out and the incoming reservations we had for that day, 11:00 am was the latest checkout time he could grant. He offered your wife coffee and informed her that she could relax in the "Coachella" room and watch television until you returned to pick her up.
I also want to apologize for the false information that was given to you by our afterhours answering service. They are unable to give any kind of late checkout or early arrival and have been informed that any further requests must be handled by the front desk staff only.
We will be implementing new procedures to ensure that this does not happen again in the future to any guest that stays with us.
We wish you nothing but the best on all your future travels.
Jeffrey Ewell
Cypress, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was my 3rd trip the Sands of Indian Wells, and I just love coming here. It is like a little apartment the rooms have great space with a balcony/patio and a kitchenette with appliances so I can bring my own snacks/drinks. It is a short drive to Palm Springs, and a lot less money to stay in Indian Wells vs Palm Springs.

The staff are VERY friendly, the rooms are well kept, very clean, and have flat screen TVs.
Pool and jacuzzi are clean, the best part is that it is Salt Water pool makes my skin feel good after a refreshing swim.

You can tell that the GM Jeffery loves his job and loves what he does, he is always radiating joy and happyness he has great hospitality.

Hope to come back soon!!

Room Tip: I prefer the second floor along HWY 111 to sit out there in the morning with coffee has a beautiful...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Baldwin Park, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have come here Many times allways had a great time the resort manager jeffrey, dose every thing possible see to it happens . this place is just the right size for me n my wife. Neat n tidy, the whole staff is wonderfull. Thanks SANDS for being there..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hollywood, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My first time at the Sands was exactly like the next four times I spent there, it was all fabulous. The layout of the rooms, the fact that they have kitchens with all the silverware and dishware and pots and pans. And the pool! The pool is nice and large, and the Jacuzzi is good and hot. I even took my mother there, and she is way picky, she loved it. Don't forget to check out The bar restaurant in front of the hotel, it gets real hoppin at night.I love the fact that it is not in central Palm Springs, but still a short enough drive away. The staff at the front desk as well as the maid service is exceptional, and I can't wait to go back. :)

Room Tip: rooms with a kitchen
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The resort is quaint and friendly. Jeffrey the manager did everything humanly possible to make our stay comfortable, memorable and perfect! He is a wealth of information and a joy. The hotel is located in the ideal situation - close to everything, plenty of parking, and the pool was never crowded. Take advantage of the charming bar-b-q area and the table tennis. I highly recommend this hotel for its friendly staff, spotless clean rooms, relaxing pool and charming setting.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sands of Indian Wells? Share your experiences!