“Perfect place to stay in palm springs! Nice rooms, loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Sands of Indian Wells to your Saves list
Sands of Indian Wells
75-188 Highway 111, Indian Wells, CA 92210   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Indian Wells B&B and Inns
“Perfect place to stay in palm springs! Nice rooms, loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

There were extra towels and pillows which I loved. The pool was perfect. Couldn't ask for more. Pull out bed was comfy too. Sands hotel of Indian Wells will be my only hotel of choice for my future palm springs visits.

• Stayed September 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cocoa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stayed here for a week with my wife and we were quite pleased. The facilities were just great from the pool and jacuzzi to the outdoor grilling area and the clean comfortable rooms. Everyone on staff from the front desk to housekeepIng to the landscapers were great and friendly! Would definitely come back

• Stayed September 2012
Glendale, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I just stayed at The Sands of Indian Wells for the first time. Great family spot our room had a fully stocked kitchenette with all the utensils that you would need to take care of the family. The saltwater pool is fantastic the rooms are clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. This is also so close to areas best breakfast place Keedy's a must go to

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Anaheim, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My family has been coming here since the early 1980s. I've had the good fortune of traveling to a lot of places in this world, and seen some beautiful luxury resorts. But in the end, the Sands of Indian Wells is what feels like vacation to me. It is comfortable, clean, friendly and the pool is wonderful. Come here for a relaxing escape; don't expect swim-up bars and high-end touches. I love this place and have imparted this to my kids. They, too, are well-traveled but the place they always want to return to is the Sands. It's our family favorite, without a doubt.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I frequent the 760 area often. I choose this hotel based on the reviews and I got the room 40% off due to an Expedia special. When we arrived it was after hours. The lobby DOES not stay open 24/hrs nor does it have a walk up window to check in. I was very confused on how I was going to get my room key... I called the hotels answering service and they directed me to a "lock box" which had my room key inside. Myself (caucasian) and friend (hispanic) entered the hotel gates where we were approached by 3 (caucasian) adults who were also staying at the hotel. They were polite toward me but very rude with my friend. The rest of the trip I noticed only (caucasians) were staying at this hotel and they clearly did not like hispanics. The second day we were there we requested housekeeping to come clean up our room. When we returned to our room I could tell housekeeping had been there (but not b/c it was clean) but b/c they had taken out the trash but they didn't even put a trash bag back in the garbage can. They left no clean towels and they did not make the bed, stock the toilet paper, or vacume. I asked the front desk what was going on and he replied, "housekeeping is busy geting the empty rooms ready for guests who are checking in. If you need new towels feel free to come get some." The bed in the room was very hard and uncomfortable, the couch wasn't any better. The pillows felt like they were pillow cases stuffed with towels. The shower was so little I had to stick my leg out on the toilet just to shave. The cloth shower curtain was stained and due to the shower being so little it kept sticking to my body. The pool was nice and it was enjoyable seeing all the kids play and have a good time :) They also have BBQ pits available if you choose to do that type of thing. Overall I would not return to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012
Norco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I loved staying at the Sands of Indian Wells!!
I would recommend staying at Sands to my friends and family....
Friendly staff =) Very clean!

Room Tip: read trip advisor before traveling
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

The Sands is a gem of the desert in the highest priced zip code in the Palm Springs area. It is convient to all great golf courses, and the Indian Wells tennis resort and restaurants and shopping. The rates are 1/2 the cost of the surrounding hotels, the rooms are clean, the beds comfortable, the staff super friendly. There is a salt water pool (heated) and good sized hot tub. The kitchens, while somewhat small, are equipted with refigerators, stoves and/or microwaves,and are perfect for breakfast, lunch and if you want,there are gas BBQs around the pool for dinner. I was very satisfied with the Sands and will go back again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sands of Indian Wells? Share your experiences!