“My family will return for sure!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Inn   |   26345 Delano Dr, Idyllwild, CA 92549   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Idyllwild B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
phoenix
“My family will return for sure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Idyllwild is a special little town tucked away in the mountains of California. The Quiet Creek Inn is a special little spot tucked away in the town of Idyllwild. Rustic, yet clean, the new owners are hands on, friendly and are committed to making it even better. The simplest way to write this review is to say that I felt peace and relaxation on property (which matter to me) and my daughters rated it a 10!:) We have been blessed to stay at some high end properties in big cities, and they loved this more. That matters to me as well. Listen to the stream, take in the stars, make a fire and enjoy family in the cabins and feed the squirrels. At least check out the property before you choose another. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Cerritos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I've traveled the world over, spending nights with accommodations ranging from a lean-to in the middle of the wilderness, to 5 star resorts in yuppieville (I much prefer the former). And now that my travel cred has been established (or not) I have to say that my experience at the Quiet Creek Inn will stay with me for the rest of my life, or I've traveled the world over, spending nights with accommodations ranging from a lean-to in the middle of the wilderness, to 5 star resorts in yuppieville (I much prefer the former). And now that my travel cred has been established (or not) I have to say that my experience at the Quiet Creek Inn will stay with me for the rest of my life, or until my memory fails.

Now that my mostly unnecessary introduction is done I can get to the good stuff (forgive me, I write for a living).

I absolutely cannot speak more highly of the Quiet Creek Inn. Nathan and Mark were the most friendly, hospitable, knowledgeable, considerate, and all around awesome hosts I have ever experienced in the hospitality industry. The location itself is stunning, and I visited it in the height of a brutal California drought. I can only imagine how breathtaking it will be after a nice rain shower or two.

Allow me to set the scene... It's Valentine's weekend and I want to treat my incredibly hard-working wife to a surprise getaway. And by getaway I mean away from everything urban, including cellphone reception (not completely). I find the Quiet Creek Inn and it immediately perks my interest since I have fond memories of Boy Scout outings at the neighboring BSA campground. So I immediately book a couple nights in a one bedroom suite after being swooned by images of pine trees, a meandering stream, and rustic cabin offering nothing but tranquility.

Due to time constraints with our schedules, I requested a late check-in. My assumption was that we would show up after hours and receive our key from a late night concierge. But I was wrong...so wrong. The day of our check-in I received a call at work from Nathan. He explained to me how their late check-in process works. Basically you show up and your designated cabin will be unlocked with the key sitting next to the TV. In addition, he mentioned that the heat would be turned on prior to our arrival so we wouldn't have to endure a possibly uncomfortable defrosting period.

Upon arrival our cabin was unlocked and heated as promised. It was cozy and perfect! The first thing I noticed was a brown bag with "For the Squirrels" written in Sharpie on it.

The highlights of the cabin itself were the immensely comfortable bed, vaulted ceilings, spacious living room with comfy couch and real wood fireplace, private balcony overlooking the creek, and kitchenette.

In all honesty, Mark and Nathan are what makes this place a true gem. Yes there are immaculate accommodations, yes there is beautiful scenery, yes it is away from the hustle and bustle of city life. But what makes this place worth every dollar (and millions more) is the stellar service you will enjoy when staying at the Quiet Creek Inn. Thank you so much guys! Nikki and I had a trip that we'll never forget!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Marc K, General Manager at Quiet Creek Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Wow; what can we say but thank you! It's our pleasure, and we truly enjoy introducing guests to our idyllic slice of sylvan heaven in Idyllwild!

Make sure to come visit us again soon! Our shipment of brand new sheets (newer than the new ones we bought in less than 2 months ago!) is in and it will be soo worth the return. We're also ordering custom new robes for our 1 bedroom suites, enhancing toiletries and amenities, and just plain upgrading the place.

See you again for any occasion, including just plain R&R.
San Jacinto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

The Quiet Creek Inn located on the outskirts of Idyllwild offers the perfect serenity of a place to stay for a few days in order to enjoy a quiet retreat from the city rush. Each of the cabins we have stayed at have been comfortable with entertainment centers, small kitchens, quiet bedrooms and balconies over looking "Strawberry Creek". The nature and wildlife are plentiful...especially the squirrels who are entertaining and quite friendly. You can drive or walk into town where you have plenty of sights, shops, entertainment and places to dine. We've found a different restaurant every time we've visited Idyllwild. We plan to stay at "The Quiet Creek Inn" frequently and enjoy what each of the four seasons has to offer at the mile high community..

Room Tip: All rooms have similar facilities.and views.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

QuietCreekInn, General Manager at Quiet Creek Inn, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Thanks Ron, you summed it up perfectly.

Come back to see us soon and try out our new upgrades and enhancements on the grounds and in the room!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

This was the second time my hubby and I stayed at QCI. We were there March of 2013 when the previous owners were still there. Our impression of the place at that time was that our unit (#10) needed major cleaning/dusting. Back then, there were cobwebs in various corners and thick dust in noticeable crevices. The fireplace was cozy and we were provided a Duraflame log daily. None of their bathrooms have a tub; they're all shower stalls. We dint use their kitchenette because of all the wonderful places to eat around there. Our favorite thing about QCI was their deck that overlooks the woods. We got tons of visitor squirrels and jays. There were rabbits the first time, but we didn't see any during this past visit. The squirrels loved to eat peanuts that the local market sells by the pound, for critters only. Some were even brave enough to take it from my hand.
On our second visit, we noticed differences from the previous time. We stayed in the same unit, and the dust and cobwebs were gone. The bed was more comfortable than the last time, and we learned that was because the new owners put in new sheets and new pillows. There was a little bag of squirrel peanuts waiting in the room, and we thought that was such a neat little touch. They even had a game room with movies and games you can borrow and it had self serve coffee and tea. The room rate was noticeably more than before, but the difference wasn't enough to deter us from coming back. Everything else was pretty much the same, but from chatting with one of the owners, Nathan, we learned that many more exciting upgrades will be put in in the coming months.
Overall, this is probably the only place we will stay when we visit Idyllwild from now on. The room is cozy, the grounds are expansive, the owners are warm and welcoming, and the squirrels are always hungry. With just a short drive into town, what more can you ask for?

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks so much for sharing your great experience! As new owners, we have been working hard to upgrade and enhance the property. Many of the upgrades will be noticeable to our guests and others, though subtle, will also contribute to an amazing stay.

I can't spoil the fun with too many 'reveals' but stay tuned to facebook and twitter for Upgrade Alerts. Our latest:
Brand new bed design top, new covers, and look
Repaved driveway
100% ringspun cotton sheets, made in the USA, added to every room
Cleared over 7 dump trucks worth of brush and vegetation (only the dead, hazardous stuff), that's right, 7!
Tree maintenance and limb removal of dead limbs

and Coming Soon:
Newer 'new' sheets, custom made, that are even more velvety smooth
New toiletries and in-room amenities
Luxurious bath robes for our 1 bedroom Suites
and More!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

The sounds of the creek from our cabin when we arrived made it immediately worth it. They were very available for questions and accommodating to our late check in. They had a fire log in the fire place ready for us!! That was a cool surprise.We will be back for sure !

• Stayed February 2014
Glad you enjoyed your stay! Since all our cabins sit right on Strawberry Creek, you can enjoy the sounds of running water from any of them.... we look forward to having you join us again soon.
San Clemente, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed here with my girlfriend for a weekend and it was the ideal way to enjoy Idyllwild. Super cozy, right next to a babbling brook and all kinds of cute forest animals that bring you gifts every morning. The squirrels brought my chick some acorns, but they brought me an iPad and a 6-pack of Cactus Cooler! Yeah, i pretty much scored. The inn is very reasonably priced, and the staff is great as well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

How wonderful! Everyone can now feel like a Disney princess! Feed the squirrels and stellar blue jays alike from your own private deck. We even provide a back of nuts for you.

Come back soon, your squirrels have a built you a prototype iPad 5.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Quiet creek lives up to its name....quiet and peaceful., great location by the town of idyllwild.... The rooms were very comfortable and the host was informative. Idyllwild itself is a must see small mountain community. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and TripAdvisor!

We couldn't agree more about our location: Quiet Creek Inn is that perfect balance of being just within minutes of town (3-5 driving and about 15-20 walking), yet worlds away. We're off the highway, off of Toll Gate Road that goes to the Idyllwild Arts campus. Truly a quiet getaway. See you again soon!

Been to Quiet Creek Inn? Share your experiences!