“Quiet Creek was a winner...” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #3 of 11 Idyllwild B&B and Inns
Sebastopol, California
“Quiet Creek was a winner...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

A very nice surprise. I looked OK from pictures but the reality was even better. My cabin was modernish but yet had charm. My own little private deck that overlooked the creek was bucolic and no one's over there to look back so the sense of privacy was a plus. I hadn't been to Idyllwild in many years and I thought town looked good and I had a nice walk there through a campground at the end of the street. The staff was really friendly and helpful to point me towards dining, a quick hike, etc. from a local viewpoint. The big barn space (really neat) was doing yoga (I think) but I didn't attend. Overall a winner. I'll be back when it's not a working trip.
PS...who knew you could see stars like that so near to LA!

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms have that same creek facing view so any of them should reflect my comments.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stopped by Quiet Creek Inn the first weekend of the new year to get a tour and meet with the new owners. After taking over for just one month, they have some big plans on adding new touches to what was already an Idyllwild gem. We toured several of the cabins and different room layouts. Each was wonderfully decorated, had its own private balcony and a beautiful fireplace. The property is located on the creek and has over 6 acres of space to wander for that peaceful time for reflection.

They offer a common room with books, games, video games to offer that quiet time distraction in the mountains. I didn't see a yoga class going on, but there is a yoga room and I understand they have a weekly class. The property has plenty of trees, a beautiful deck, lots of wild life and the location on the quiet creek makes this a little splice of heaven.

I highly recommend coming to Idyllwild and getting away from the stress of the city.

There are plenty of restaurants in town, lots of hiking trails, beautiful views and just a relaxed slow pace surrounded by wonderful people.

This place is wonderful, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

My wife & I have returned from a long weekend on "the Hill" with tall tales of delicious morsels as well as comfy & cozy quarters. After trekking and feasting all over town, at sundown we would return to cabin #7 at the Quiet Creek Inn. Some highlights;

Hosts and staff are very friendly.
Within walking distance (1/2 mile) of town.
Great view of stars and galaxy.
Excellent private deck off cabin with plenty of wildlife (bring unsalted peanuts!).
Strawberry Creek runs through the property and is fantastic to walk along.
Guest Lounge in the barn w/ large DVD library which you can watch in your cabin.
Intimate, cozy, quiet & warm cabin with fireplace, rocking chair, small fridge & microwave.

We are already planning our return visit!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Rough and Ready CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We rented one of the cabins called "Our Place". Cute & Cozy. The cabin was only a couple miles from the rental office. We were given clear (written) directions as to how to get there. The day we arrived to check in, the office had to close a little early. Fortunately, there was a drop box on the porch with the information left for us. We had a little trouble opening the front door cuz the door sticks a little. We ended up calling maintenance after hours and they showed up within 15 mins. (Most of the town shuts down around 8pm). We had just made it inside a few minutes before they got there and tried to contact them again to cancel, but our calls were going straight to voicemail. When she showed up, she was still smiling and saying how she loved her job. She wasn't even being sarcastic. That's awesome. I felt soooo bad, but she said she lived nearby and it wasn't a big deal.
The cabin was nice. Water pressure was decent considering where we were. They had the essentials for us...bath towels, toilet paper, utensils, dishes, extra sheets/blankets/pillows, etc. There was a nice outdoor deck that we sadly couldn't take advantage of because of the rain. We did, however, get to enjoy the fireplace. That was nice, since we don't have one at home. TV was set up with a dvd player, but no remote. Ha ha, you just had to play the disc and hope you didn't have to use the restroom or get hungry during. Regular TV channels were good, I think like 50 of them. The majority of them were either spanish or korean, but I found programming to be entertaining anyway. The cabin even had games to play...a deck of cards, checkers & a few other board games. The front room even had a bookshelf with books to read. It was mainly Danielle Steele & Sydney Sheldon that I saw. The bedroom was a little cold since it was far from the space heater & fireplace. Extra blankets helped there.
We'd definitely rent this place again. Pricing was reasonable, including the mandatory cleaning fee. We stayed for two nights, at about $100 a night. Not bad for a cozy little cabin to ourselves.

Room Tip: When opening the front door to "Our Place", there's kinda a trick to it. Turn key coun...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

A little sad that they don't offer jacuzzis in the decks anymore but it is such a beautiful place!!The owners were outstanding.They even give you a list of events going on and the top rated restaurants.We LOVED the room!! I turned a couple things over because I wanted to see where they bought them and they said Pottery Barn. They make it a point to impress I'm guessing :) I would def. come back again!!Oh and it's more of a couples getaway in my opinion.

• Stayed October 2012
Orange County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had a wonderful stay here for two nights in July. Spent one night in a studio and the second night in a suite (suite wasn't available the first night). The staff could not have been nicer in moving our things to the second room; it wasn't a problem at all. We loved both rooms -- both had fireplaces and roomy balconies. The rooms are simple and spotless and had small kitchenettes. We stayed cool inside despite the heat outside. The evenings are lovely. Be sure to check out the nice hiking trail just up the road. Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had a lovely stay in a studio unit. It was clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the balcony and the "wildlife" (mostly jays and squirrels). Short walk down to the creek, where I painted and enjoyed the fresh air. I lost a moonstone pendent while there, and it was sent back to me! Easy drive to town. I will come here again.

Room Tip: We had a small unit-no tub in the bath, just a shower. As it turns out, I have been having problems...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quiet Creek Inn? Share your experiences!