“Black fuzzy Moldy bread” 1 of 5 stars

54710 N Cir Dr, Idyllwild, CA 92549
(909) 659-3506
Improve this listing
Temecula, CA
“Black fuzzy Moldy bread”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2008

Yes, my experience at the bread basket on October 11th, 2008 may have been better with out the bread. My turkey sandwich came with half of both slices of the pinkish bread covered in black fuzzy mold. I was shocked anyone who prepared this sandwich could not have noticed the black mold. The server did not notice when they brought it to me either when I pointed it out immediately her answer was..oh, yeah, that is mold....."that happens sometimes." Yuck!

They did not charge me for my sandwich but did charge us for rest of our meal..they brought me a new sandwich but I had lost my appetite by that point.

The bread in our basket was also obviously old and reheated in a microwave. My husband had a burger that had to be a costco frozen hamburger patty.

Plus the place is so cluttered with stuff it is not properly cleaned. Everything was dusty and cobwebby. Also, on the fireplace mantle in the middle of the restaurant was someone's medication...4 bottles of prescription drugs on the mantle next to our table.

This place is odd and not in a good way.

Pasadena, California
“Great little place, large portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2008

My husband and I had dinner here earlier this month. It's a cute little place. There was also a harpist performing live. I ordered the meatloaf, and the portion was humongus! It came with 3 pieces of meatloaf and lots of mashed potatoes. It was yummy. My husband ordered a dish, kind of like meatball wrapped with cabbage, I don't remember what it's called. It was very delicious.

I will certainly return to the Bread Basket.

Aguanga, CA
“Rude service and not Handicapped accessible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

Went there yesterday 8-10-08, First sandwich ordered they did not have, no french fries, no onion rings, no vegetables ALL OUT at 3:00pm on Sunday. Took 10 minutes just to get water, then no refill after several requests. Worst is - there is a sign that says for handicap access ask hostess. The regular restroom is up a winding stair that you have to bend over to keep from hitting your head, then trip over step going into bathroom. My Mom is handicapped and I knew she would not be able to get up those stairs, the waitress/owner said there was another restroom but it was blocked by boxes that she would have to get moved. Another 15 minutes goes by she brings us the check and we ask about the restroom and she ask a busboy to go move the boxes. We said no thank you, and the busboy told us to go down to the next restaurant to use their bathroom. We will never go back, and I recommend that you do not go if you expect good service.

Gladstone, MO
“Don't be fooled - the bread in the basket is bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2008

Let me first say - the waitress was very nice and attentive. Of course, there were only 3 tables full in the restaurant. But we were famished, and couldn't wait to get the homemade bread. Well, the basket came out, and it was as if Wonder Bread was served. It was the lamest homemade bread we'd ever had. When we asked questions about several dishes, the waitress couldn't answer them very well, and we noticed a man staring at our table saying nothing. She asked him to interject, and introduced him as the owner. All he said was "she did a good enough job explaining it." Um, okay. The fruit and cheese basket was the best thing ordered at our table - and the strawberries were out of season, and it seemed like pre-sliced American cheese. Mashed potatoes were instant and country fried chicken was average. The owner never came over to check on us, despite the empy restaurant, instead choosing to speak loudly with his waiters in a corner, since they had nothing to do. We walked right past them as we left, and he didn't even say goodbye, or thanks for coming. We were thoroughly disappointed in the food and the owner. Our waitress was nice, but not enough to save this review.

Longwood, Florida
“Great little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2008

We drove up from La Quinta for a nice Xmas dinner. Frankly, I am quite astonished at some of the recent reviews of this restaurant. This establishment is nothing like the place mentioned in one of the reviews. We had a truly first class meal in a lovely environment. The on site harpist was excellent. Strictly first rate.