“Yummy food!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
San Diego, California
“Yummy food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Presentation was very good. Service was attentive. Restaurant should receive its liquor license in 6 weeks.

Visited December 2012

Glendora
“Lovely romantic Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The menu is somewhat limited but the food was excellent, as was the service. Prices are reasonable, particularly for a resort town, and portions are ample. The garlic bread is very good and is complimentary. Soup and salad is extra and seems to be a little overpriced compared to the rest of the menu. Very nicely decorated and a romantic setting. A very short trip from downtown Idyllwild.

• Visited December 2012
Idyllwild, California
“What a Difference a CHEF makes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Went to La Bella Montagna for a special dinner with friends for my our 50th wedding anniversary
and the chef was there. My goodness,what a difference in the quality of the food and service.Each person had a different entree,and there was plenty for us to share and take home.The chef,also,brought an additional serving of Eggplant Parmesan to show that my last so-so experience was a outlier that should never have happened.
Please try this restaurant and you'll enjoy a meal and service the equals those in major cities!

• Visited November 2012
Esterillos Oeste, Costa Rica
“A Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The next time you're in Idyllwild, CA., you must try La Bella Montagna, a new Italian restaurant. My husband & I were there for our third anniversary and had a delicious meal. I had the shrimp & pasta dish (loaded with shrimp), and my husband had the lasagna (huge portion). Since they don't have their liquor license yet, we brought our own wine and there was no corkage fee. We don't normally eat dessert, but they surprised us after dinner with two complimentary homemade cannolis. We go to Idyllwild several times a year and we will definitely be going back to La Bella Montagna.

• Visited October 2012
Tustin, CA
“Can not believe Alfredo has a job there... Hope he does not effect his parents business”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Greeted and seated fine by the young man, we showed him the coupon, which stated one free appetizer. He said we could use it then returned to the table and said we could only use it for the bruschetta, which was one of the cheapest appetizers on the menu. They told us we could only use one coupon per table and that it was only for the bruschetta. The coupon did not say anything about one per table nor did it say it was only for the bruschetta. Which is false advertisement. The bread was soaked in oil and it was overloaded with garlic. We shared a fettuccini alfredo with chicken which did taste good but cost $21.50… Way overpriced the price for adding the chicken was $6.00 and it did not even say it on the menu. A young lady was serving us more then the young man and we asked her and she told us she was the server assistant. We tipped her the majority of the 20% tip and thanked her for serving us. Because she filled up drinks, brought out food and brought us a box. As we left the young man said “it’s common since that its only one per table” I said “excuse me” blown away by such a rude and immature comment to a guest. Along with the common sense comment he also said “Sorry I’m such a bad server, I’ve only been doing this for ten years. And told us if we ever came back to not park in front which we thought was a parking spot and were asked to move the vehicle when we first arrived which we gladly did and apologized. Then we immediately asked to speak to the owner who he said earlier that he asked about the coupon. He said the owner was not there so I asked him how he spoke to the owner then he told me he was the manager… as a cook walked in and the server tried to tell me that the cook was the owner. I asked the cook and he was honest and said no and was polite and willing to get the owner. A man met us in the parking lot and said he was the manager, so I asked him if the young man who had served us was and he said no. The manager or owner who came and spoke with us explained that they are a new restaurant and it does need to be corrected on the coupons. As he was speaking with us the young man came out and continue to be rude and say very inappropriate things to any guest. He commented on our tip not being enough and said we complained to everyone who worked there which was far from true. As I informed him that I thanked and tipped the young lady who served us. There was nothing done to compensate for how poor of an experience it was. The young man is clearly abusing the position he holds as I overheard him tell another table he is the owner’s stepson. I have worked at fine dining restaurants for years and if I ever spoke to a guest in front of the manager/owner as he did to us I would immediately no longer be employed there. Alfredo was the server that treated us so poorly.

This is how it is advertised on Living Social… A complimentary Appertizer!

• Visited November 2012