“Best place ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Strawberry Creek Bunkhouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Idyllwild
Strawberry Creek Bunkhouse
You added Strawberry Creek Bunkhouse to your Saves list
25525 Scenic Highway 243, Idyllwild, CA 92549 (Formerly Atipahato Lodge)   |
“Best place ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Great place very welcoming they totally understood my allergy to walnuts beautiful scenary ccoukd ask for more lol
The onky problem i did have was i found dog hair on my did but everything else was awesome.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here 11/17/12 - 11/19/12 and had the opportunity to stay in two different rooms. Because of low vacancy on the weekend we arrived the first room was booked the second night and the second room was booked the first night. We were actually glad we got to see both rooms because we got to see the differences in each room. The first room we stayed in was a "Sleeps Two- Allergy Friendly Room" and we were quite please with this room. The room was a perfect size it was adorable and had a PURE air filter in the room which helped us quite a bit since we were actually sick from a cold when we arrived. It had a nice size television with a dvd & vcr, a small kitchenette with a microwave and fridge and nice size balcony with a nice panoramic view. The second room was much larger since it was a "Sleeps Four" which has two rooms each with a queen bed. This room had a larger kitchen with microwave, stove, oven, and large fridge. However, the television remote wasn't working and the tv was a little fuzzy (but that wasn't a big deal). Each morning around 9:30AM they provide homemade scones, homemade lemon curd, fruit, 100% fruit juice, and oatmeal in an adorable picnic basket. Each room was very clean and we enjoyed ourselves very much. The inn keepers where very courteous and helped us quite a bit. We will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The place is ok for a bunkhouse, and people are friendly. My biggest problem was the heater. It was extremely noisy. Each time I would come on or turn off, the gas heater made expansion or contraction of metal, kind if like a wood pecker hitting on metal. Even worse, at some point it'd make a huge banging noise that would reverberate in the room. It sounded just like hitting a big metal drum with hammer. We pretty much could not sleep.
The funny part is that they know this and instead of correcting the problem, they put a sign saying that heater makes noise!!!! Really??? The alternative was a small table top electrical heater, which was so noisy that we just stayed up most of the night using the gas heater. When it gets 45 degree outside you kind of dont have a choice but to run the heater.
Room was relatively clean but we noticed cleaners had not changed the sheets from previous guest!!! It smelled body odor. Unfortunately we found out late and not only the innkeeper was gone but also they wouldn't have any sheets as they cleaners are outsourced..

Room Tip: Don't count on sleeping with the heater on.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed two nights on a Living Social deal and since neither of us had been to Idyllwild before, we were excited to find a place we could bring our dog. We arrived after check in, which was no problem since we called and let them know, and they left our room key for us. We loved the decor and everything was very clean. We were impressed with how neutral and fresh the air was in these pet-friendly rooms. The kitchenette had utensils, plates/cups/bowls, a microwave, sink and fridge with tiny freezer, perfect for us. Many others have already described the rooms; we were in room 5 and I was able to get wi-fi to connect on my laptop (important for me) but not my Kindle fire, which didn't really matter so yes, the signal is a little dicey for the rooms that are far away. But the linens, towels, carpet and everything else was spotlessly clean and maintained. Yes, the shower is small but I'm used to tiny bathrooms so this isn't a big deal to me. If I were to make any suggestion, it would be for couples; if you're looking for a quiet, romantic weekend, you might want to ask for as quiet a room possible, because as others have stated, the walls are quite thin, and if you have a family with kids next to you, that'll intrude on your evening big time. The innkeepers are so nice though, I'm sure if you made a request for a quiet or private room they would do their best to accommodate that. When we were there it was cold, and there was a wall heater as well as a portable heater that we used to warm up the bathroom before showering, which was MUCH appreciated. The rooms are separate from the little cabins, and those look great so I think that's the route I'd go if we go back to Idyllwild. Parking is super easy, right outside your door. If you bring your pup, also bring a flashlight for the bedtime potty break, as it's very dark and the road is very close to where you'll be walking. I'm not an outdoorsy type but my BF and the dog definitely are, so while they did some exploring, I made a list of things to consider for those who prefer to enjoy the great outdoors from the other side of the window: don't wear Crocs. You'll have pine needles and pebbles in your shoes the entire time you're in Idyllwild. Beware of thorns esp. if you have a long-haired dog. They are like nature's thumbtacks! There's bees in them there trees. (I'm super scared of them.) So even though the balcony is lovely, you'll have to share it with well, nature's creatures. The air's thinner up here. If you live at sea level, you'll feel it. Drink water, bring lotion. I know that sounds lame but it's super dry in the mountains and your skin will tell you about it. Lastly, we loved Idyllwild, it's a sweet little town with great shopping and the NICEST people. But if you love coffee, bring your own with you. We went to just about every place in town (yes, even the coffee house) and couldn't find good coffee. But as far as the Strawberry Creek Bunkhouse goes, I'd fully recommend it for a rustic, relaxing getaway.

Room Tip: If you want to avoid noise from children/babies, ask if you can be in a room away from families with...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fallbrook, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The fresh mountain air breezes through your room when you open your sliding glass door to admire the beautiful view. What a wonderful place for a relaxing weekend! We reserved a pet friendly room but ended up not bringing our dog so I expected some wayward pet hair. The room was exceptionally clean, my Husband has allergies to animals so he would have noticed. The parking is a bit tight, but everyone was very careful and considerate. The hiking trail right next to the property was gorgeous and the surrounding forest was lovely. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because there is a small amount of repair work still needed and the bathroom was considered "spartan" at best. Overall, we couldn't wait to get our breakfast basket with the fresh warm scones. We felt very welcome by the owners and "Chico" the resident dog, we will surely be back soon!

Room Tip: We were in room 7 and the wifi didn't reach past about room 10. The larger the # the closer to t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed at the Bunkhouse on Oct 2 thru 4, 2012. This is the cutest place that I've been to in a long time! The staff was super cool, helpful, and check in was a breeze! The private balcony and kitchenette were really nice bonus'. The bed was comfy, the view was wonderful and the drive to the quaint little town of Idyllwild was a breeze. My favorite part was the morning delivery of the breakfast basket filled with the most delicious scone and lemon curd along with oatmeal, an apple and juice box! I traveled with my 2 small dogs who were welcomed with open arms. Most times I take the dogs with me I arrive to a room that just reeks of deodorizer, NOT so, the rooms smell FRESH and CLEAN!! I will be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
La Mirada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed in the Mountain View cabin at the bunkhouse. Its a free standing small cabin, with a small kitchen, whirlpool tub and balcony that looks into the national forest. The bathroom is stocked with Aveda products. We opted for the 'hike to breakfast' option and took the trail that started at our front door, through the national forest, to the Strawberry Creek B&B. Ian and Rodney served a delicious breakfast each day and even accomodated us at breakfast when they were filled to over flowing. We packed up the warm scones, fruit and juice that Susan left us at our cabin and took it on our fishing and hiking trips. We could hike from the bunkhouse into the national forest without even having to drive anywhere. Everyone at the B&B and Bunkhouse went out of their way to make the stay special and were very friendly and accomodating. We will defininately be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Strawberry Creek Bunkhouse? Share your experiences!