“A Wonderful Time” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Idyllwild
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Hiking
More attraction details
Owner description: This 13,000-acre park offers over 50 miles of trails in the mountains soaring above the Sonora desert.
Menifee, CA
“A Wonderful Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

My family and I camped here a few weekends ago. We had a wonderful time! I haven't camped since I was a young teen and had a horrible experience. This place changed my previous opinions of camping!
The bathrooms were not only clean, but stocked with toilet paper! The showers always had warm water and are in separate rooms. Close campers and ranger were very friendly to us. The town is not a far walk at all from this site.
There are a few drawbacks - 1) we are not heavily interested in the arts, so the galleries were not too appealing. 2) I am a big shopper expecting Lake Arrowhead-like shopping, but to no avail. 3) No places for swimming or lakes. A lake showed up on our GPS, but we could not get to it.
Overall, we loved the small-town atmosphere and plan to return for more happy camping memories!
Check out the excellent Mexican food at Arribas too - very yummy!

Rosemead
“One of the best Campgrounds We've stayed in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2005

We stayed in the State Park campground in Idyllwild in May of 2005. It is one of the best state park campgrounds we have stayed in. We have a small trailer and stayed in a trailer site which costs more but is larger than the tent sites. The restrooms were CLEAN. Each restroom is a separate room with a toilet and a sink. There is also a restroom that has showers. Each shower is in a separate room. The campground is literally right next to the town. You can easily walk into town for a latte and to surf the net at the Java coffe place (free wireless internet) There are lots of hiking trails nearby. The main campground in town seems to be better monitored and more spacious thansome of the campgrounds further out from town. I have pictures on my website at www.susansalisbury.squarespace.com-- click on travel and travelpix. I am also posting some here. I would certainly go back again. I think the rate was $15.00per night for a trailer space with no hookups. If you reserve early you can get hookups.