“Great bargain for lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #234 of 490 Restaurants in Huntington Beach
Cuisines: Thai
Long Beach, California
“Great bargain for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

As soon as I sat down, I was brought a free Thai iced tea. It tasted a little watery, but hey, the price was right. And I'm sure it wasn't as many calories as a full fat yummy Thai iced tea. I ordered the Beef Panang lunch special, for $6.95. I gladly paid the extra $1.95 to substitute brown rice for white rice. I am at the point in my Weight Watchers journey, where I will spend the extra money for the healthier option. It wasn't just plain brown rice, it had different color grains. It reminded me of brown sticky rice, but it wasn't sticky.

There was a spinner on the table, with four condiments – jalapenos, green chili peppers, ground chili powder, and a red sauce. The food was fine, not excellent. I would rate it a B. The service, and price were both A+.

The restaurant is very small. There are enough tables to seat 18 people, and two booths which could seat six each. It's in a strip mall, conveniently located across the street from where I was having my car serviced at Norm Reeves Honda. The waitress was prompt, and very pleasant. When she saw that I had finished eating but had quite a bit left, she brought me a takeout container, and my free green tea ice cream also in a takeout container. This was very thoughtful, because maybe she thought that since I haven't finished my meal, I would not be eating the ice cream at the restaurant. But she was wrong :-)

My bill was $9.61. It would have been around $7.50 if I had not gotten the brown rice. It still was a bargain, in my opinion.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Huntington Beach, California
“We eat here on a regular basis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Best Thai food in Huntington Beach. We've tried them all numerous times. You can beat these guys, and the prices are reasonable.

You can order online, too - avoid the confusing phone calls.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Good foods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Good chef, good food, cheap and clean We love Thai guff ..... From Mr.rabbit & tent student Thialand We will back Thai guff again I love na sine na keaw na lee all good chef at Thai guff i wish you rich rich

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Quailty for on a budget”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012 via mobile

The food was great and the prices are the best around. You also get a tall glass of thai tea and dessert with every person for no charge. The place is tiny but, keeping costs down passes the value to the customer.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Garden Grove, California
“Great Thai food with lots of extras!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

A great place to go for really good Thai food! It's location is a little on the small side and seating is limited (They set up card tables outside for extra seating) but I think the food is worth the trouble!!
I had the dinner "Shrimp/Scallop with Asparagus in Special Sauce" It was excellent!! The fresh coriander root gave it an amazing flavor I had never tasted before!!
Did I mention the FREE extras? Free Thai ice tea and fresh Fried Bananna Wraps...we were even surprised with Free Green Tea Ice Cream!
I really like the food but suggest you try going at non peak times or you can order it to go! Helpful hint; it's cash only so don't forget to bring it with you!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere