“The staff is exceptional” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach

You added Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5050 Skylab West Circle, Huntington Beach, CA 92647   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Huntington Beach
Costa Mesa, California
“The staff is exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Our family trip at this extended stay hotel was exceptional because of the delightful,engaging staff. Customer service is very important to us so I think it's important to mention a few names. Medallia, Dianna, Maurice and Cristina were all very helpful. They all seem to really enjoy their job. They went above and beyond and it did not go unnoticed. The maintenance guy was even super nice! The hotel was well maintained and clean.
Great location close to the beach too!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. We strive to provide exceptional costumer service and knowing that Medallia, Dianna, Maurice and Cristina were able to reach that goal definitely motivates us to continue to provide great service. Also, we are happy to hear that our location to the beach was convenient and that the cleanliness of our hotel met your standards.

Thank you again for your review. Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The room was clean. The staff was nice. It is not an updated fancy plush hotel. It is pet friendly, the beds are comfortable, and the room was clean. The kitchen is nice if you are planning to stay for a while. There were several washers and dryers for the guests to use. That is very nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Michael - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I'm glad that we were able to take care of your needs. We strive to provide that "home away from home" feel, and to know that we have accomplished that, brings us great satisfaction.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Rochester, MN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

If you want a place to stay and do not care about any amenities (no shampoo and in the bathroom and you have to go to the front desk to get some) this will be the place for you. Very inexpensive, but - you get what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Huntington Beach, California, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I'm a local who always thought this looked like a nice hotel in a good location. We needed to stay one night with our 2 dogs due to some home construction. ESA was one of the worst hotels we have ever been in...1st room had black hair on the bedsheets, 2nd room the drain wasn't working--backing up water above our ankles during the shower.
I also walked by several guys hanging out for hours by the side entrance smoking, spitting, and using their cell phones. At 2AM were awakened by police cars pulling up at entrance.
I'm honestly not tough to please but this place took the cake. All this for around $180.
The desk employees, however, were quite polite and displayed good customer service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

My experience was wonderful!! Staff was very friendly. Free grab and go breakfast in the morning WOW wut else can you ask for !! Kitchen inside the room, I'm definitely coming back to this hotel! Loved the experience!

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear you’re your experience with us was a great one. We are glad that you enjoyed our friendly staff, free grab-and-go breakfast and in-room kitchen.

Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This place was terrible! First of all, I stay at hotels all the time...whether it be Motel 6 or the Wynn in Vegas. This place was not worth the $80 something a night I paid for plus $100 deposit for my two dogs staying for two nights. I'm not quite sure if it's because I had my dogs with me that they put me in the crappiest room, but the room definitely was far from satisfactory. From the outside, the hotel seems nice. It's in between Boeing's corporate buildings and it's off of one of the main streets in Huntington Beach. That being said, it's in a convenient area from certain attractions. From the outside, the hotel looks nice. I got buzzed in to the front desk and greeted by an unfriendly and unwelcoming employee in a polo shirt and I wasn't sure what his role was because I figured if he worked front desk he would appear a lot friendlier and more professional. Check-in was as quick as it could've been and he mumbled something about breakfast from 6 to 10. I had to ask how to get to my room and that was that. When we arrived to the room, the room was muggy, humid & warm. Like someone just took a hot shower without turning the fan on without opening any windows. We quickly turned on the fan & opened the windows. The furniture & fixtures were in bad shape & the bathroom walls, door & bath tub were a little dirty. The bath tub was clogged, but we cleaned it ourselves. On the day of our check-out, we weren't sure what time to check-out, but we figured it couldn't be any earlier than 10 am. We looked on the door's information, around the room, and I didn't remember the front desk guy saying anything about check-out time. A few minutes before we were ready to go, a cleaning lady knocked on our door and asked if we were leaving. I guess that was our que to leave? So we just left. I didn't see any TV features to check-out and I didn't want to deal with any employees here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
I would like to thank you for your review. Judging by your comments one might say that we need a lot of improvement, but let me assure you that we are doing everything in our power to provide great guest service. I would like to apologize for the poor service you received and let me assure you that we are retraining our staff on how to provide all of our guests with exceptional service moving forward.

It is also our goal to provide all guests with a "home away from home". We try to accomplish this by doing extensive room inspections in order to provide a fresh and comfortable room. These inspections are done on a daily basis. We hope to improve them using your remarks as examples, in the near future.

I hope that your experience in our property does not discourage you from staying in other Extended Stay Hotels.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

An industrial feel. Not a real hotel. Staff untrained. Had to ask three times for them to apply the $10 email discount. Room cheaped out-one thin blanket on bed. Even with the discount way over priced. Better off at motel 6.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide all of our guests with comfortable, clean rooms at a great rate. I am sorry we failed at that mission. As well, I am sorry that your discount was not applied in a timely fashion. This is something that needs to be done as thee reservation is being made online or added afterwards through one of our corporate departments. I will speak with the staff on making sure we convey this message to our guests properly and also on ways to expedite the process moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at hbc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach? Share your experiences!