“It was more then what I expected!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach

You added Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5050 Skylab West Circle, Huntington Beach, CA 92647   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Huntington Beach
“It was more then what I expected!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My experience was wonderful!! Staff was very friendly. Free grab and go breakfast in the morning WOW wut else can you ask for !! Kitchen inside the room, I'm definitely coming back to this hotel! Loved the experience!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank madison951
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear you’re your experience with us was a great one. We are glad that you enjoyed our friendly staff, free grab-and-go breakfast and in-room kitchen.

Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This place was terrible! First of all, I stay at hotels all the time...whether it be Motel 6 or the Wynn in Vegas. This place was not worth the $80 something a night I paid for plus $100 deposit for my two dogs staying for two nights. I'm not quite sure if it's because I had my dogs with me that they put me in the crappiest room, but the room definitely was far from satisfactory. From the outside, the hotel seems nice. It's in between Boeing's corporate buildings and it's off of one of the main streets in Huntington Beach. That being said, it's in a convenient area from certain attractions. From the outside, the hotel looks nice. I got buzzed in to the front desk and greeted by an unfriendly and unwelcoming employee in a polo shirt and I wasn't sure what his role was because I figured if he worked front desk he would appear a lot friendlier and more professional. Check-in was as quick as it could've been and he mumbled something about breakfast from 6 to 10. I had to ask how to get to my room and that was that. When we arrived to the room, the room was muggy, humid & warm. Like someone just took a hot shower without turning the fan on without opening any windows. We quickly turned on the fan & opened the windows. The furniture & fixtures were in bad shape & the bathroom walls, door & bath tub were a little dirty. The bath tub was clogged, but we cleaned it ourselves. On the day of our check-out, we weren't sure what time to check-out, but we figured it couldn't be any earlier than 10 am. We looked on the door's information, around the room, and I didn't remember the front desk guy saying anything about check-out time. A few minutes before we were ready to go, a cleaning lady knocked on our door and asked if we were leaving. I guess that was our que to leave? So we just left. I didn't see any TV features to check-out and I didn't want to deal with any employees here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank hotelprofromaz
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
I would like to thank you for your review. Judging by your comments one might say that we need a lot of improvement, but let me assure you that we are doing everything in our power to provide great guest service. I would like to apologize for the poor service you received and let me assure you that we are retraining our staff on how to provide all of our guests with exceptional service moving forward.

It is also our goal to provide all guests with a "home away from home". We try to accomplish this by doing extensive room inspections in order to provide a fresh and comfortable room. These inspections are done on a daily basis. We hope to improve them using your remarks as examples, in the near future.

I hope that your experience in our property does not discourage you from staying in other Extended Stay Hotels.

Travelers are raving about these Huntington Beach hotels

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The Extended Stay America is absolutely amazing. I travelled from New York/New Jersey to Huntington Beach, California.I was there for 10 days and it was very clean and cozy.The service was amazing,continental breakfast was good and I loved having a kitchen in the room.They have laundry service and allow pets!!!! it is great!!! The Samsung T.V. was great for me and the channels were great, they have WiFi as well.

Room Tip: The rooms are really nice and this is good for family and friend vacations. You can go food shopping...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MichelleEvents
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Michelle - Happy Birthday! Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the amazing service you received during your stay. I am also thrilled to hear you were able to take advantage of the grab and go breakfast as well as our on-site guest laundry room.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Not the experience I was hoping for when traveling from a few hundred miles away. I had ready reviews on this place and make thought people were just over-exaggerating about the poor service, I was wrong. I arrived and checked in like at any other hotel. I get to the room and immediately notice how dirty it was, the trash cans were full of the previous person's trash. The soap was opened from its little package and used, the towels were damp, and the beds weren't even made, not from the maid at least, it looked as if someone tried their best to do it before checking out. So I called the desk and after trying 3 times I get an answer, I tell him te situation and he tells me that it must have not been cleaned yet (obviously). He offered me another room with only only queen bed instead of two full size bed, but I refused because I needed two beds for my family (me, my girlfriend, our baby and our German shepherd). So we had to leave so the cleaning lady can clean the room because they need the dog out of the room while she cleaned. I had a talk with the guy at the desk and asked if he could extend our stay from 11 am to 1 pm the next day to make up for the hassle they put us to, and he did. Our Saturday was pretty much ruined because of the inconvenience of not having a prepped room to come and relax to. I am genuinely dissatisfied of my experience at that hotel and would not recommend it to anyone I know simply because the reviews warned me, and the experience proved what they said was true.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Perezgsx
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you where checked into a room that wasn't ready yet. I understand that this is a huge inconvenience for any one who is traveling from miles away and would like to get some rest. I can assure you this is not a normal practice at this hotel, and am going to address these issues with my staff in order to prevent a situation like yours from happening again.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at hbc@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Vicksburg, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at Stay America as we were going to Disney. Hallways reeked of cigarette smoke. Minimal towels, no toiletries - had to ask for them. Could not get an extra cot for child to sleep on. We had asked for king size beds but got doubles. The lobby was clean and they were continually spraying fabreeze. They also sprayed our rooms when we complained of smoke. Counter I one of the room had pop or coffee rings on it. They did I respond promptly to our complaints and issues. Hotel looked nice from outside. Smoke smell was very strong.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sandra P
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the hallways to your room smelled like smoke. Extended stay America still offers smoking rooms but they are designated to one area only. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at hbc@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The company I work for is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. I started working here in Huntington Beach the first of the year 2013. I've made this place my home away from home. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The rooms have everything you need! A fridge, microwave, stove, sink, cookware and wireless internet. Across the hall, from room 125, is a laundry room with vending services. The grab and go breakfast each morning is very convenient. This area is quiet. The Seal Beach National Wildlife Refuge is right across the road, so you are staying in an area that's away from the hustle and bustle of Huntington Beach tourism. Close to the 405 expressway, you're a hop skip and a jump from accessing the best sights Orange County has to offer. Even though this Stay America does not have a pool, you have the world's largest pool, the Pacific Ocean, and the Huntington Beach Pier, just a few minutes west!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank dannyreb
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you sent regarding your stay in Extended Stay America Orange County – Huntington Beach. One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff at the Extended Stay America Orange County – Huntington Beach takes pride is creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect. Thank you again for your positive comments. I have shared them with our entire team as well as our Senior Management. We look forward to hosting you once again at Extended Stay Hotels. If I can be of further assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at hbc@extendedstay.com.
Columbia, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here because it was near my new job. The price was right per night and it was close to work. It was fine for a few nights until my floor was wet with some weird substance from the wall to the kitchen when you walked in. I thought at first it was from me getting out of the shower, but it was still there that night. I said something to the front desk and he said he would ask the manager if I could have another room. I never got moved, but someone did look at the gross odor and the wet floor because there were shoe marks on the towels that I had put down. Whatever was leaking on the floor, started to smell like mold and made the room start to smell. I said something to the front desk when I was leaving and she said I should've reminded them that my room had an issue. I feel that I should've been moved that night I said something.

But I guess aside from that it was ok.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank JhnChase
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you encountered the issues mentioned during your stay. There was a plumbing leak from the room above and it leaked into your room. I would like to apologize for lack of communication and not getting your room changed. I hope you will give our hotel and company a chance to prove that your unsatisfactory experience was an exception and not the norm. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.