“Quiet location - good value” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach

You added Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5050 Skylab West Circle, Huntington Beach, CA 92647   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Huntington Beach
Norway
“Quiet location - good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Compared to other hotels in the area this represents a good value for the money. The beds were very comfortable and our second floor room was much preferable to the first floor room we were originally assigned. We had no need to stay in the central Long Beach area so for us the location suited us well - except for a shopping mall a mile away there and no restaurants in the immediate vicinity. Other things we noticed was that the utility space under the sink was dirty and some of the kitchen utensils were missing. The staff was very helpful and the breakfast ample and good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you find our hotel a good value for the price. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My home away from home when I am on the road is specifically, Extended Stay America Huntington Beach, CA. The location encourages relaxation and visits to the beach. I am not hasseled by room service everyday. I schedule room service once a week and then go about my business. It is quiet. I always get my sleep uninterrupted. It is easy to reach freeways, to go into orange county, or into los angeles. I look forward to travel now because of this great find.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you feel this is your home away from home. One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I was dis-satisfied with my current stay at the extended stay Skylab of Huntington Beach as I was forced against my will to stay in a smoking room due to there only being smoking rooms available when I checked in because I booked my room through Priceline.com and wasn't told or giving the option of getting a non-smoking room or declining to stay due to there only being smoking rooms available.

My suggestion to ALL extended stays in CA and to improve overall quality and to meet CA law provisionals and health code stature's would be to eliminate smoking as an option, thus in result providing patrons who prefer clean living and non-polluted air to a satisfactory stay %100 of the time EVERY TIME.

• Stayed December 2012
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I will take your comments and relay them to our home office. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Shakopee, Minnesota, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

It’s been 2 years since I have stayed here last. I was reminded right away why I should have stayed somewhere else. 1) The location is not convenient. You have to drive a ways for anything you might need or want to visit. 2) The outside common areas were not cleaned for the entire 5 day stay I was there. The ashtrays outside the west entrance were never cleaned. Full if cigarette butts and trash around it (empty beer containers), see pics. The 711 cup was inside the entrance stayed there for the whole 5 days. That means the floors were not cleaned or the common areas. Since the maid does not visit but every 7 days I wonder if they treat the common areas the same? See pic. 3) rooms, the room was dirty with a bad smell. I noticed that they put coffee under the bed to help hide the smell. When I turned on the heated I was obvious that they do not clean the system. It smelt like fire. It was cold outside and necessary to use. Shower curtain is too long so you end up stepping on it during your shower and making you trip or get the floor all wet. The sink did not drain. I even went to get some drain cleaner to fix. That didn’t work. See pic. Luckily the kitchen sink drained so I could brush my teeth.lol..Beds are old and very uncomfortable, like sleeping on a plywood sheet. Pillows have lost their fluffiness and you only get 2. Carpet makes your feet dirty so ware shoes or flip-flops all the time. Don’t get a room next to the barking dog!! They allow pets. If you need towels you have to get them yourself at the front desk. When they gave me new (clean) ones they had holes in them and were faded into another color besides white. see pic. Are you serious that the person folding can’t see holes in the towels? And it was not just one, but 2 out of the 4 had holes. One more thing, The room has no dish towels, shampoo, lotion, dish soap, sanitary cups to drink from. Who knows how clean and sanitary the cups are in the cupboard?? I don’t! I wonder if the remote control gets cleaned??? gross
There are better places to stay in Huntington Beach but if you need a kitchenette that only has supplies for 2 people.. Make your own choice..this will be my last time cant sleep there, wrecks my back on that bed!!!! Need a week to recover…. But there is plenty of parking….:)

Room Tip: someone said they have better room....ask IDK no food on sight or walking distance only vending
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apology and ensure I will coach my staff, to prevent these issues from happening again. I am the new manager of Extended Stay America in Huntington Beach and accept all reviews good and the bad. This will help me with issues I might fail to notice. We are not a full service hotel, but all items can be provided at Front Desk upon request. The burnt smell comes from the first time heater use. I can ensure you all the heater units are cleaned on a regular basis. All of our dishes are sanitized and put back into the rooms after check out. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at HBC@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed a couple of night here back in September while in the area. The rooms are really good size and well equipped. The self service laundry is also really handy. The location is ok but you're pretty much going to have to drive anywhere you want to go if heading out at night although we did get a taxi to Huntington beach one night which was about $25.
I was happy with the booking but it might not suit all due to the location.

Room Tip: try to get a room away from the plant room. we had one directly upstairs and it was a bit noisy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay in September was great. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I spent a week here, and I can say that I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the room was and how much of a bargain this place was. The rooms are a little older, but still decent. The beds were comfortable and the property was clean. Service was friendly and very accommodating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you sent regarding your stay in Extended Stay America Orange County - Huntington Beach. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I had my bike parked out front and the hotel maintenance crew nailed it with their power washer. I even found water inside my trunk! Next time I hear a strange noise, I'm going out and look. When I did go look I realized what had happened (the sidewalk was wet), I asked on the the crew if he hit my bike - all he did was laugh ... yeah I know. It took a while to get all the spots off, no real damage, that I could see. Not for that I'd give this place 5 dots.

[To be Fair: I did ask, when I made reservations on the phone and after we got there, I checked with the main desk if it was ok to park my bike where I did - both times I was told yes. It wasn't until the next day while I was cleaning off my bike (the big dog - corporate - manager was there for a visit) that I was, politely, informed I wasn't suppose to park my bike where I did. I moved it over to a spot, in the parking lot that I could watch it from my room.]

We stayed here 4 days. This is a great deal, for the price. Staying here cost us no more than it did in places that do not have a kitchen. We are both very impressed. We've saved quite a bit making our own meals. There are several grocery stores near by, if you are mobile. If not, the bus schedule isn't all that great. I'm guessing the cabs make out pretty good here.

The first night somebody was directly over us performing gymnastics. One call to the desk put a stop to that. The service here is excellent. The area/neighborhood is very nice and safe. Other than the above incident, my bike was unmolested the entire time it was in the parking lot. Which is very well lit. The WiFi works flawlessly. We had the single Queen bed room. The room is quite large and the kitchen is roomy. Everything was very clean. The laundry is very convenient. Moma Bear actually enjoyed it!

The air conditioning works great and there is plenty of room in the shower. I'm 6'4" and the shower head is right at the top of my forehead. There is a small, but adequate, table (with 2 chairs) to eat at. With enough kitchen utensils, dishes, a pot, a pan, strainer, ect. For the two of us. As far as accommodations go ... this has been our best lay over spot yet!

In spite of the power washing fiasco, we will stay here again - if we are ever in this area.

Room Tip: Make sure you - and they - are clear where you want to park your motorcycle!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
James - Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please do accept my apologies about your motorcycle. I have reviewed with the staff proper parking areas for cars and bikes in order to ensure a situation like yours does not take place again.

Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations.

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach? Share your experiences!