“good value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach

You added Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Huntington Beach
Dublin, Ireland
“good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed a couple of night here back in September while in the area. The rooms are really good size and well equipped. The self service laundry is also really handy. The location is ok but you're pretty much going to have to drive anywhere you want to go if heading out at night although we did get a taxi to Huntington beach one night which was about $25.
I was happy with the booking but it might not suit all due to the location.

Room Tip: try to get a room away from the plant room. we had one directly upstairs and it was a bit noisy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay in September was great. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I spent a week here, and I can say that I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the room was and how much of a bargain this place was. The rooms are a little older, but still decent. The beds were comfortable and the property was clean. Service was friendly and very accommodating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you sent regarding your stay in Extended Stay America Orange County - Huntington Beach. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I had my bike parked out front and the hotel maintenance crew nailed it with their power washer. I even found water inside my trunk! Next time I hear a strange noise, I'm going out and look. When I did go look I realized what had happened (the sidewalk was wet), I asked on the the crew if he hit my bike - all he did was laugh ... yeah I know. It took a while to get all the spots off, no real damage, that I could see. Not for that I'd give this place 5 dots.

[To be Fair: I did ask, when I made reservations on the phone and after we got there, I checked with the main desk if it was ok to park my bike where I did - both times I was told yes. It wasn't until the next day while I was cleaning off my bike (the big dog - corporate - manager was there for a visit) that I was, politely, informed I wasn't suppose to park my bike where I did. I moved it over to a spot, in the parking lot that I could watch it from my room.]

We stayed here 4 days. This is a great deal, for the price. Staying here cost us no more than it did in places that do not have a kitchen. We are both very impressed. We've saved quite a bit making our own meals. There are several grocery stores near by, if you are mobile. If not, the bus schedule isn't all that great. I'm guessing the cabs make out pretty good here.

The first night somebody was directly over us performing gymnastics. One call to the desk put a stop to that. The service here is excellent. The area/neighborhood is very nice and safe. Other than the above incident, my bike was unmolested the entire time it was in the parking lot. Which is very well lit. The WiFi works flawlessly. We had the single Queen bed room. The room is quite large and the kitchen is roomy. Everything was very clean. The laundry is very convenient. Moma Bear actually enjoyed it!

The air conditioning works great and there is plenty of room in the shower. I'm 6'4" and the shower head is right at the top of my forehead. There is a small, but adequate, table (with 2 chairs) to eat at. With enough kitchen utensils, dishes, a pot, a pan, strainer, ect. For the two of us. As far as accommodations go ... this has been our best lay over spot yet!

In spite of the power washing fiasco, we will stay here again - if we are ever in this area.

Room Tip: Make sure you - and they - are clear where you want to park your motorcycle!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
James - Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please do accept my apologies about your motorcycle. I have reviewed with the staff proper parking areas for cars and bikes in order to ensure a situation like yours does not take place again.

Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I arrived there early monday couple hours before checkin in . Christine at the front desk was very nice enough to find a room and have me on my way. staff was extremely helpful nice clean room would recommend . Breakfast was a little limited but then i didnt come out there till 945 witch would wind down there breakfast menu.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Cristina greeted me at the front desk everyday with a smile and helped me with problem solving faxing important business forms. I did not get disturbed by daily house keeping, like at most hotels. I had quiet for goodnight sleeping and coffee in the lobby for mornings I had to rush out the door. I am looking forward to my next business in this area now, instead of dreading another irritating hotel stay. Thank you team at Extended Stay Huntington Beach.

• Stayed July 2012
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words about our hotel and the staff who manages it day-in and day-out. It is extremely rewarding to know that we were able to provide you with everything needed in order to make your stay an enjoyable one. My staff and I follow the company motto, "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Once again, from my staff and I, thank you for the positive feedback. We would love to have you stay with us again in the future or at any one of our other brand locations.
PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The carpet is smelling, they do not service the rooms for 5 days, they have little breakfast by 7am it is all finished, they try to economize everything. The aircon is so noisy you cant even sleep. I will never recommend anybody to waste their money here, there are lot of better and cleaner hotels around at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

I'd like to respond specifically to your comments about the malfunctioning air conditioner. In response to your review, I requested a building-wide inspection of each air conditioning unit, and have received confirmation that all are now in proper working condition. We are looking into the other areas you touched upon as well in order to improve our overall offerings.

Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel. With knowledge that we are making changes, I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts by staying with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations.
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I was visiting from out of town on a corporate trip as I often do. I always stay at extended stay in HB. Love the quick check in and great service. Mitchell (The hotel Mgr) always has time to answer any questions and goes out of his way to make me feel like that special treated guest. :)

Keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Orange County – Huntington Beach. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach? Share your experiences!